Sat, Nov 01 Colorado at Boulder, CO TBA
Sat, Nov 08 UCLA Seattle, WA TBA
Sat, Nov 15 Arizona at Tucson, AZ TBA
Sat, Nov 22 Oregon State Seattle, WA TBA
Sat, Nov 29 Washington State at Pullman, WA TBA
Fri, Dec 05 Pac-12 Championship Game TBD TBA FOX

CPHawk

Reaction score
UW doesn't get Stanford, but they get asu and UO, two teams who they have had a hard time with the last 8 years.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
CPHawk":2b32214p said:
UW doesn't get Stanford, but they get asu and UO, two teams who they have had a hard time with the last 8 years.
We open up Pac 12 play against Stanford. Utah & USC are the two South teams we miss this year.

zifnab32

Reaction score
CPHawk":ugdkytqo said:

ASU is losing like 8 starters on defense though

drrew

Reaction score
They're likely still not winning at Autzen, but the rest of that schedule is set up for a lot of wins.

zifnab32

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1g07geh7 said:
Wenhawk":1g07geh7 said:
With a first year coach and a question mark at QB, I'd take that record.

I wouldn't, that should be the worst case record. If UW plays up to expectations they should have double digit wins

drrew

Reaction score
zifnab32":33aifitz said:
SeatownJay":33aifitz said:
Wenhawk":33aifitz said:
With a first year coach and a question mark at QB, I'd take that record.

I wouldn't, that should be the worst case record. If UW plays up to expectations they should have double digit wins

I agree, that's a schedule set up to have one loss and a potential spot in the Pac12 championship.

I'm not saying it happens, but three of the four toughest games (Stanford, ASU, UCLA) all at home is a nice set-up.

davidonmi

Reaction score
we went 9-4 last year.
With a better coach and an easier schedule, plus an extra game the expectation should be double digit wins

HawkWow

Reaction score
I see us pulling 10 wins out of that. I think we get 2 of 3 vs Stanford, ASU and UCLA.

New era and for the first time, in a damn long time, I feel great about our HC.

jkitsune

Reaction score
If you guys think we should be shoe-ins for 10+ wins with a first-year QB, first-year RB, our OL, a brand new scheme, and without ASJ, you're far more optimistic than I am.

I have a hard time picturing Cyler blowing up the league his first year, and without either that or another dominant RB, it will be hard to top 8-9 wins, unless something remarkable happens to close out the recruiting season this year.

Personally, I'd be satisfied with 9 wins after all that transition.

davidonmi

Reaction score
jkitsune":5p8sgy40 said:
If you guys think we should be shoe-ins for 10+ wins with a first-year QB, first-year RB, our OL, a brand new scheme, and without ASJ, you're far more optimistic than I am.

I have a hard time picturing Cyler blowing up the league his first year, and without either that or another dominant RB, it will be hard to top 8-9 wins, unless something remarkable happens to close out the recruiting season this year.

Personally, I'd be satisfied with 9 wins after all that transition.
we finally have depth across, and now we don't have a -1 coach anymore (that isn't just my opinion by metrics he was a -1 and sometimes -2 coach.
The schedule is also a lot easier and we add an extra game. We can win 10 games easy with that schedule, even if the team isn't that good

jkitsune

Reaction score
I hope you're right, but IMO a lot of that is predicated upon an average QB. 10 wins is really freaking hard to get to, particularly with Stanford and Oregon on the schedule. If Cyler can come in and be effective but unspectacular (at least), it could happen.

HawkSquawk

Reaction score
10 wins.

I think we beat Stanford at home this season.
I think we beat UCLA
ASU and Arizona are always tough to call.
Oregon @ Autzen is likely a loss.

It doesn't matter as much that Sankey and ASJ are gone. Petersen doesn't leverage TE that much in his offense and for RB the UW still have a nice stable including Callier, Washington, Coleman (Scout MVP and a 220lb back) Cooper and McDaniel.

Where the UW can make hay is out at WR. Kasen Wiliams, Jaydon Mickens, D. Stringfellow, John Ross III, Marvin Hall comprise a pretty strong group.

Question mark will be DL depth. Will the younger guys be ready to step up?

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I think Pete can get more out of his team than Sark did.

QB will be the most intriguing position on who steps up.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Ah, January optimism. They will be between 7-10 wins. With coaching changes there are always hiccups, whether its scheme, coaching style, whatever. There is always attrition with players. The team is a year away.

Latest posts