LETS GO NOLES!!

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ynslyrb4 said:
With how Auburn played, how can anyone argue they didn't deserve to be there? It's not like they pulled a Notre Dame. Hell of a game, and both teams should be proud. I mean, it's not like MSU beat Stanford to show that maybe the Pac-12 wasn't as great this year as we hoped/thought.

Wait... so because Stanford lost a game to MSU the entire conference is bad? Seriously?

Sorry but if MSU and Auburn had to play in the Pac-12, there's zero chance those schools are even in contention. Pac-12 was by far the best conference in college football this year, and Stanford isn't even the best school in the Pac-12.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HansGruber":4re4enhv said:
Sarlacc83":4re4enhv said:
With how Auburn played, how can anyone argue they didn't deserve to be there? It's not like they pulled a Notre Dame. Hell of a game, and both teams should be proud. I mean, it's not like MSU beat Stanford to show that maybe the Pac-12 wasn't as great this year as we hoped/thought.

Wait... so because Stanford lost a game to MSU the entire conference is bad? Seriously?

Sorry but if MSU and Auburn had to play in the Pac-12, there's zero chance those schools are even in contention. Pac-12 was by far the best conference in college football this year, and Stanford isn't even the best school in the Pac-12.

Wait, if Stanford wasn't, then who was? It sure wasn't Oregon, USC, OSU, UW, UCLA, or ASU. I don't think Mich. State was that good (nor was the Big 10 in general), but they beat an overranked Cardinal team who in turn beat a lot of overranked Pac-12 teams. I hate to say it, but it's true. Each Pac-12 team this year lost games they shouldn't have.

I hate the SEC as much as anybody, but in general, I don't think there was a whole lot of strength to go around and Auburn was the last survivor of a good, but not great, group. So they deserved their shot the same as anyone else.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":18ar5j01 said:
Sarlacc83":18ar5j01 said:

Again, if if if. It's damn easy to throw out claims that can never be proven or disproven.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3ovj7fa7 said:
WilsonMVP":3ovj7fa7 said:
Glad Auburn didnt win. They shouldnt of even been in the Championship game if not for a few miracles at the end of the season.
No one else made a better case, so get bent.

Michigan State made just as good of a case.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1syn78v9 said:
volsunghawk":1syn78v9 said:
WilsonMVP":1syn78v9 said:
Glad Auburn didnt win. They shouldnt of even been in the Championship game if not for a few miracles at the end of the season.
No one else made a better case, so get bent.

Michigan State made just as good of a case.

Which is why I referenced them as being a far more legit place to start the debate than any PAC12 team.

That said, I believe that Auburn played a tougher schedule and their win over Alabama was a better win than any that MSU had. But I could see plenty of arguments the other way, too.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Speaking of PAC 12 games..how about that WSU game against Auburn AT AUBURN with the Cougs only being down 4 points going into the 4th quarter. I didnt personally watch the game, but I still remember alot of comments about bias reffing after the game was over.

How about the Georgia game where Auburn threw up a 70 yard prayer bomb on 4th and 18 with 25 seconds left where it bounced off 2 defenders when all they had to do was bat it down.

And we all know what happened in the Alabama game....

volsunghawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3dkppf25 said:
Speaking of PAC 12 games..how about that WSU game against Auburn AT AUBURN with the Cougs only being down 4 points going into the 4th quarter. I didnt personally watch the game, but I still remember alot of comments about bias reffing after the game was over.

How about the Georgia game where Auburn threw up a 70 yard prayer bomb on 4th and 18 with 25 seconds left where it bounced off 2 defenders when all they had to do was bat it down.

And we all know what happened in the Alabama game....

Wins are wins. Yes, Auburn had some strokes of luck this season. Show me a team that doesn't.

Oh, and I love the complaints about a team's validity followed by, "I didn't watch the games."