Jon Kitna to Cowboys...

-The Glove-

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":265f7qbp said:
IRVING — Much has been made of the Cowboys signing high school math teacher Jon Kitna out of retirement to figure into their quarterback puzzle against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. Almost every reference has mentioned the quarterback, who retired from the Cowboys after the 2011 season, will earn about $53,000 for his Christmas week’s work.

Only Kitna, 41, is not keeping the money. It didn’t come up in his Christmas Day media scrum in the locker room. But later, while relaxing on a locker room couch and reconnecting with radio play-by-play voice Brad Sham, Kitna said he would be donating his NFL check to his school. He also told several teammates.

Since retiring from the Cowboys, Kitna, who has 15 seasons and four teams on his NFL résumé, has taught math and coached football at Lincoln High School in his native Tacoma, Wash.

The football team — the Abes — finished its season last month at 8-2. That was up from 5-5 during Kitna’s first season. Kitna’s son, Jordan, a sophomore, was his starting quarterback.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas ... school.ece

Kitna will be always be a hero out here in my eyes. He's doing a lot for my HS

BlueThunder

Reaction score
If nothing else, he's a frickin' math WHIZ! Which just there makes him a far better man than me... I love Jon Kitna! He's a scrappy little f'er! Good on him, even if it is the Cowpukes...

docj78

Reaction score
Kitna rocks! Love his story, love that he was a Hawk, love that he's a fellow Washingtonian, and love what he continues to do for the community. One of my fave all-time Seahawks!