Reaction score
Falcons 7
49ers 42

Everyone go to bed at halftime.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Polaris":1kdz47aa said:
MidwestHawker":1kdz47aa said:
More to the point if the Niners were in Seahawks uniforms and get 4 Arizona picks, they don't lose the game. Period. Say what you like about the Niners (and I still don't think they are as good a team), but they know how to win games they are supposed to win.

Oh good Lord. They lost as a 7.5-point favorite at home to Indianapolis, and lost in blowout fashion. 7.5-point favorites shouldn't lose very often (and no, favorites even bigger like us today shouldn't either). But it's silly to say this as if it's a distinction between the two teams.

KK84

Reaction score
We brag about how tough this division is, but then whine and play chicken little when they play us tough? Makes sense, bro.

Happybelly

Reaction score
Polaris":rttw5o4w said:
MidwestHawker":rttw5o4w said:
To answer OP: San Francisco loses tomorrow night's game like 2% of the time. I'll tune in and hope against hope, but it would be one of the most shocking results of the NFL season (possibly #1) and I certainly don't expect it to happen.

More to the point if the Niners were in Seahawks uniforms and get 4 Arizona picks, they don't lose the game. Period. Say what you like about the Niners (and I still don't think they are as good a team), but they know how to win games they are supposed to win.

What does that even mean, "know how to win games they're supposed to win". They've lost two game at home to teams they probably should beat. Last year they lost and tied to the Rams and got blown out at home to the Giants. The Hawks played a bad game today, but lets not give the Niners some undue credit for some subjective ability to win when they're "supposed" to.

Polaris

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2o2yqwk2 said:
Polaris":2o2yqwk2 said:
MidwestHawker":2o2yqwk2 said:

Oh good Lord. They lost as a 7.5-point favorite at home to Indianapolis, and lost in blowout fashion. 7.5-point favorites shouldn't lose very often (and no, favorites even bigger like us today shouldn't either). But it's silly to say this as if it's a distinction between the two teams.

They lost in Week 2 when they weren't playing nearly as well as they are now, and Indy is a playoff team (and that was also when Indy was playing it's best ball). They BEAT 'zona by 12 at home. How did we do against 'zona at home?

Happybelly

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":9fhmkqa2 said:
Happybelly":9fhmkqa2 said:
Polaris":9fhmkqa2 said:
The Niners will beat the holy living hell out of Atlanta. Count on it. Unlike a certain team in Seattle, San Fran is good at beating up teams they are supposed to beat.

This is pretty funny. So their home losses to the Colts and Panthers weren't losing games they should have won? People are treating the Cardinals like they're some dumpster dive of a team.

The Hawks played a bad game on offense, it happens to every team. Lets not act like it's the end of the season now.

Their QB threw 4 picks, they suck lol. Come on. The patriots don't lose that game, the freaking packers w/ flynn don't lose that game.

Great analysis. I guess they've sucked their way into double digit wins.

Polaris

Reaction score
Happybelly":2r3ao7av said:
What does that even mean, "know how to win games they're supposed to win". They've lost two game at home to teams they probably should beat. Last year they lost and tied to the Rams and got blown out at home to the Giants. The Hawks played a bad game today, but lets not give the Niners some undue credit for some subjective ability to win when they're "supposed" to.

San Fran won their game at home against the Cards by 12......

-Polaris

Happybelly

Reaction score
Polaris":2fvtf8am said:
MidwestHawker":2fvtf8am said:
Polaris":2fvtf8am said:
MidwestHawker":2fvtf8am said:

They lost in Week 2 when they weren't playing nearly as well as they are now, and Indy is a playoff team (and that was also when Indy was playing it's best ball). They BEAT 'zona by 12 at home. How did we do against 'zona at home?

So now we're cherry picking what part of the seasons matters winning games you're "supposed to win". The Hawks dominated the Cardinals on the road earlier this year too. Stop changing your argument.

IllWill49

Reaction score
The Niners have been very consistent at beating bad teams badly we have struggled against the better/playoff caliber teams.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Polaris":18ouek3p said:

Okay, so let me get this straight.

They "win games they're supposed to," but games they lose at home when favored by more than a TD don't count if they're too far in the past (week 2).

Week 6 is when they played Arizona - an apparently WAY more relevant data point than week two - and somehow we're to arbitrarily compare that home win to our home game against Arizona rather than our road game at Arizona, even though those are more directly comparable as they happened in consecutive weeks (you yourself just got through saying that we base it on "how a team was playing then").

You're cherry-picking. You're doing it emotionally. Don't let emotions control your posts like this. See things clearly.

Polaris

Reaction score
Happybelly":2hp6ru22 said:
So now we're cherry picking what part of the seasons matters winning games you're "supposed to win". The Hawks dominated the Cardinals on the road earlier this year too. Stop changing your argument.

Nope. I am comparing like to like. We should have destroyed the Cards in the Clink. The Cards are not a playoff team. The Niners DID beat (by double digits) the Cards at the Stick.

Seems apples to apples enough to me.

Happybelly

Reaction score
Polaris":ng2ci07j said:
Happybelly":ng2ci07j said:

Nope. I am comparing like to like. We should have destroyed the Cards in the Clink. The Cards are not a playoff team. The Niners DID beat (by double digits) the Cards at the Stick.

Seems apples to apples enough to me.

You made excuses for the games the Niners lost at home because they weren't playing as well then. If you want to do that, I guess I can say the Cardinals weren't playing nearly as well when they lost at San Francisco.

Do you just discount that the Hawks went to Arizona and dominated them down there? Bad games happen to all teams and you're underrating the Cardinals, who would be a playoff team in almost any other division and still have a chance.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Happybelly":22fnpotz said:
You made excuses for the games the Niners lost at home because they weren't playing as well then. If you want to do that, I guess I can say the Cardinals weren't playing nearly as well when they lost at San Francisco.

Do you just discount that the Hawks went to Arizona and dominated them down there? Bad games happen to all teams and you're underrating the Cardinals, who would be a playoff team in almost any other division and still have a chance.

He's counting whatever will support his original post, just FWIW. I've tried arguing with him with facts before, and he'll either divert or ignore. The main thing to him isn't seeking truth; it's defending his own original argument.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
As we witnessed today, anything can happened.

But San Fran is hungry and they need a win to clinch a playoff spot. Highly unlikely...

JesterHawk

Reaction score
KK84":6frowxmc said:
kmedic":6frowxmc said:
The real question I have is, assuming SF beats Atlanta, is there a scenario where the Tards make the sixth seed but the Whiners don't make it?

Don't think so.

SF would need to tie,or lose this week and lose to the Cardinals to miss the playoffs.

*Compared to us, who can't possibly miss the playoffs, not that you'd know it by the attitude on this board.

drdiags

Reaction score
Yep, I would be shocked. Atlanta has nothing to play for.

Everything the Seahawks do doesn't need to be paralleled to the 9ers. This whole football season has been nothing but folks pointing out everything 9ers. They are in your head. And it isn't just the OP. It's the whole region.

Cardinals just told you and the team that they need to be reckoned with as well. Hope the Rams aren't up for delivering messages, but if they are, the Seahawks need to pull their heads out.

BASF

Reaction score
Historically, Pacific Standard Time teams hosting Eastern Standard Time teams in night games lose only 28% of the time. Almost always that is when the west coast team is far inferior to the east coast team. If I was still a gambler, I would be betting the Niners to cover and the over on this one.

Throwdown

Reaction score
San Fran is gonna smack the hell outta Atlanta. We gotta just focus on St. Louis.