Niner's FB Miller out for season? *Shoulder Injury*

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":20o8fu0y said:
NINEster":20o8fu0y said:
The last time Joe Montana won a super bowl, his full back Tom Rathman caught 73 passes, good for #2 in between guys named Jerry Rice and John Taylor.

Except Colin Kaepernick IS NOT Joe Montana.

Montana: a superb leader, a phenomenal champion, and one of the best QBs to play the game.

For a 49ers fan, I think you should drop dead for even mentioning them in the same breath.

You're missing the point of the comparison. The argument was that it definitionally reflects poorly on a QB or a team if the fullback is as big of a part of the passing gamea as Bruce Miller is/was. The response was an example of a HOF QB and a Super Bowl winning team having a fullback who was a much bigger part of the passing game than Miller is/was.

It's not comparing Kaepernick to Montana. Instead it's using Montana as an example to point out the flaw in the argument. Should we reconsider Joe Montana's talent and that teams Super Bowl victory because Rathman caught a bunch of passes? If not the argument is flawed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":b0xirr4u said:
If the 9ers are as good as the Seahawks then it is next man up.

Exactly! And given we're talking about fullbacks, it's like how Robinson was let go and Derrick Coleman was "next man up" and because the Seahawks are so good and Coleman was "next man up" he ended up...going back to the bench after the team ran back to Robinson. :lol:

(sorry, ignore me, it was just too easy. ;) )

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Popeyejones":149e7s9j said:
Largent80":149e7s9j said:
If the 9ers are as good as the Seahawks then it is next man up.

Exactly! And given we're talking about fullbacks, it's like how Robinson was let go and Derrick Coleman was "next man up" and because the Seahawks are so good and Coleman was "next man up" he ended up...going back to the bench after the team ran back to Robinson. :lol:

(sorry, ignore me, it was just too easy. ;) )

That's not even accurate so I am not sure how you can declare that "was just too easy". Robinson was dealing with pretty significant health issues before the season that caused him to lose 30 pounds and was likely a big reason why he didn't make the roster out of training camp.

Coleman got injured and we brought back Robinson and now both of them are getting playing time once Coleman got healthy.

canfan

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":16v249wt said:
What about Davis? Surely he was concussed when he hit that wall? Watch the gif -- there's no way that wasn't a concussion. His head just stopped instantly, and began traveling in the other direction. I don't know what the league specs on padding in stadiums are, but there needs to be more in Tampa.

Have they fined Kam for it yet?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2abh4v09 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2abh4v09 said:
NINEster":2abh4v09 said:
The last time Joe Montana won a super bowl, his full back Tom Rathman caught 73 passes, good for #2 in between guys named Jerry Rice and John Taylor.

Montana: a superb leader, a phenomenal champion, and one of the best QBs to play the game.

For a 49ers fan, I think you should drop dead for even mentioning them in the same breath.

You're missing the point of the comparison. The argument was that it definitionally reflects poorly on a QB or a team if the fullback is as big of a part of the passing gamea as Bruce Miller is/was. The response was an example of a HOF QB and a Super Bowl winning team having a fullback who was a much bigger part of the passing game than Miller is/was.

It's not comparing Kaepernick to Montana. Instead it's using Montana as an example to point out the flaw in the argument. Should we reconsider Joe Montana's talent and that teams Super Bowl victory because Rathman caught a bunch of passes? If not the argument is flawed.

I got the comparison just fine thank you. And why don't you let your brethen stick up for themselves instead always being Captain-Save-A-Douche?

With that said...

There is a BIG, BIG difference being a top receiving option at FB during the 1980's with Joe Montana as your QB ( Seahawks fans revere John L. Williams)

Than...

Being a top receiving option at FB in Today's NFL with Colin Kapernick as your QB.

Its pure and simple, Miller being your 3rd best WR just cements the notion that Squidworth Krap-Pants is a borderline 2-read QB at best, as in he has his primary read (Boldin, Davis, now Crabtree) and his safety valve (who was Miller).

Its okay to finally admit your QB sucks and that his elite athleticism allows him to be an average QB.... and that your superior O-Line talent masks a lot of his weaknesses which is almost sh**ting himself in the face of pressure.

Colin Kaepernick is basically Michael Vick with a great team and a genius coaching staff.

If you didn't get the theme of this post...

COLIN KAEPERNICK SUCKS

SF49r

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1m41omgp said:
Popeyejones":1m41omgp said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1m41omgp said:
NINEster":1m41omgp said:

I got the comparison just fine thank you. And why don't you let your brethen stick up for themselves instead always being Captain-Save-A-Douche?

With that said...

There is a BIG, BIG difference being a top receiving option at FB during the 1980's with Joe Montana as your QB ( Seahawks fans revere John L. Williams)

Than...

Being a top receiving option at FB in Today's NFL with Colin Kapernick as your QB.

Its pure and simple, Miller being your 3rd best WR just cements the notion that Squidworth Krap-Pants is a borderline 2-read QB at best, as in he has his primary read (Boldin, Davis, now Crabtree) and his safety valve (who was Miller).

Its okay to finally admit your QB sucks and that his elite athleticism allows him to be an average QB.... and that your superior O-Line talent masks a lot of his weaknesses which is almost sh**ting himself in the face of pressure.

Colin Kaepernick is basically Michael Vick with a great team and a genius coaching staff.

COLIN KAEPERNICK SUCKS

Man and some of you guys were angry about that dr dre beats commercial, I thought it was spot on and this post even proves it.

HoRneR

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":39g2fo1x said:
Popeyejones":39g2fo1x said:
Pandion Haliaetus":39g2fo1x said:
NINEster":39g2fo1x said:

With that said...

Than...

COLIN KAEPERNICK SUCKS

Lets be honest tho Miller was wide open alot of the time :snack:

Marvin49

Reaction score
I don't get how the FB being the third leading receiver equals Kap sux.

Crab is back now and getting better every week. If anything, a QB checking down to a back means he is NOT stuck on one read.

Damn...sometimes you guys are just LOOKING for a reason. LOL. No worries.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":2kjrrj24 said:
sometimes you guys are just LOOKING for a reason.

Sometimes?

While I'm generally in favor of a spirit of generosity, this is overdoing it, man. ;)

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":3kv8otzp said:
I don't get how the FB being the third leading receiver equals Kap sux.

Crab is back now and getting better every week. If anything, a QB checking down to a back means he is NOT stuck on one read.

Damn...sometimes you guys are just LOOKING for a reason. LOL. No worries.

Unless his read is primary read and then dump off. Dump off isn't really a read as the back is set up to be open for the check down. Joey Harrington could check down, so could Colt McCoy. Neither of them are starting. Any QB can check down at this level of play, to make it seem like it takes skill to do so is humorous at best. There is a reason it is called a safety valve.

No worries though, anyone who has to laugh out loud at their own "whit" is probably more interested in making up nonsense, then talking football.

rideaducati

Reaction score

This line made me laugh out loud. Kaep will NEVER be as good as Vick and the niners couldn't be further from having a "genius coaching staff". The only thing "genius" Harbaugh has done is leave before Luck was no longer his QB.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Except he fights turtles not dogs.
Ya, just like Vick
Lol

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2hnich19 said:
Popeyejones":2hnich19 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2hnich19 said:
NINEster":2hnich19 said:

With that said...

Than...

COLIN KAEPERNICK SUCKS

Goalposts = moved!