Candledump Park

Onyx

Reaction score
HoRneR":1r7aah2c said:
KK84":1r7aah2c said:
I wonder if Levi will have signs posted throughout the stadium that say "Sit down and shut up, Please".

That and if Pete Carroll will actually be able to get a win at this stadium in his NFL career.

"Ahh Ooo! Ahh Ooo! Ahh Ooo!"

Marvin49

Reaction score
NINEster":38lolhqe said:
seahawk12thman":38lolhqe said:
Even 49ers agree that it needs to be imploded immediately. Why stop with the stadium, they should consider imploding their team as well :)

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/clark-c ... s-our-dump

I was at the Panther game several weeks back, my first regular season game ever there. Also did a tour a few days later...

It's a POS stadium in terms of congested concession walkways, 3rd world bathrooms, traffic patterns around the field, etc.

As for the field itself, I got to walk on it on a very nice sunny day. It is like the players' have long said...."always a bit wet no matter how long it's been since rain" (thanks to the water table being too high). The converted baseball park renders a certain section of the stadium unusable for fans as the sightlines are completely blocked.

However, having said all of that......the location and weather on a nice 1 PM game was really nice, right on the water. Those overhead shots on TV right before the games start will be missed.....call me biased, but that's been the best scenery of a football stadium in the US.

And the history and what's taken place there is unreal. Only Lambeau Field could compare or beat it. For a fan of the team, walking in the old locker room and tunnel where the legends played was a surreal experience. The new stadium will be better sports facility but will probably never match Candlestick in that regard.

It's time to move on and I'm looking forward to the new stadium, Super Bowl 50 and all the other cool future events that will take place there.

Candlestick was a dump the day it was conceptualized. It was designed as a Baseball only park and the outfield was wide open to the elements. Because it was designed as a much smaller stadium with a much smaller capacity, the walkways and such are much smaller than they should have been. Even after they enclosed the stadium and added more seats, the place was still a dump and in by far the coldest place in the Bay Area. I swear, it was always 10 to 20 degrees colder in that place than in any other spot within 60 miles.

No 49er fan is going to come in here and sing the praises of Candlestick. HORRIBLE stadium. Was NEVER a nice one, even when it was brand spankin new.

I say all of that...but I'll still be sad to see the old girl go. SOOO much history. I didn't attend many games when I was young but I've seen every single 49ers game since 1987. I did get to see Willie McCoveys last game from the stands. I followed them prior to that but it wasn't until I started watching games with my father that I made the switch from fan to fanatic. Later on I started attending many more games. I was there to see Garrison Hearst run 96 yards in overtime. I was there when Bryant Young broke his leg. I was there when Vernon caught the TD pass to beat the Saints. I was there when Kap busted off a 60 yard TD run vs the Packers.

I guess what I am saying is that the topic here is kinda funny. Players don't like Candlestick? Really? This is news? NOBODY likes Candlestick. LOL. Why do you think the Giants moved? What is going to be missed is the sense of tradition.

One other note....to the guy saying they were dumb to not design it for sound to bounce around? LOL. Are you serious? Candlestick was never the homefield advantage that the CLINK is. Ya know what tho? I'm really OK with that. Historically, teams with that big homefield advantage due to noise end up fizzling in the playoffs because they aren't nearly as good a team outside their building. This isn't an insult of the Seahawks BTW because they have been good both home AND away this year. I'm speaking more in general. The Saints are a good example of one of those teams.

Brahn

Reaction score
Dang 49ers sure have some gangster fans. I love all the face bandanas like these tools are over fighting in Syria or part of the Zeta Cartel. Imagine if the team was as intimidating as the fan base or if the fan base wasn't just a caricature of idiocy. Then again they probably got a flyer in the mail teaching them how to dress as the best fans. Heaven knows they do not understand how to be fans without a little team guidance.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brahn":25l8nn34 said:
Dang 49ers sure have some gangster fans. I love all the face bandanas like these tools are over fighting in Syria or part of the Zeta Cartel. Imagine if the team was as intimidating as the fan base or if the fan base wasn't just a caricature of idiocy. Then again they probably got a flyer in the mail teaching them how to dress as the best fans. Heaven knows they do not understand how to be fans without a little team guidance.

Oh please. LOL.

I love how teams take a few guys and paint the entire fanbase with that brush. I guess all Seattle fans paint themselves up like the hulk too (which I thought was pretty cool BTW).

chris98251

Reaction score
Well playing the non partisen card here, nothing will invigorate your fan base like a new stadium, at least the first few seasons. Moving down the road to Santa Clara will also create a turn over in season tickets so the crowd will gain a new identity as well, whether thats a bad or good thing I guess we will wait and see.

The NFC West will have some of the newest facilities in the league, and best as a conference here shortly, even the Rams are either getting new digs, or a remodel depending on if they stay in St Louis or end up in L.A.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2qp15yu9 said:
Well playing the non partisen card here, nothing will invigorate your fan base like a new stadium, at least the first few seasons. Moving down the road to Santa Clara will also create a turn over in season tickets so the crowd will gain a new identity as well, whether thats a bad or good thing I guess we will wait and see.

The NFC West will have some of the newest facilities in the league, and best as a conference here shortly, even the Rams are either getting new digs, or a remodel depending on if they stay in St Louis or end up in L.A.

Yeah...the new facility will be awesome. Already a season tix holder. AT&T created an all new vibe around the Giants when they built it. Hoping for the same.

As for the entire division, with the Clink, Levi's, University of Phoenix and hopefully something new for the Rams the division will feature some of the newest and nicest digs in the NFL. I like the new building in Minn as well, but that god awful new stadium in Atlanta looks like a giant sphincter.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Marvin49":dll7oigc said:
NINEster":dll7oigc said:
seahawk12thman":dll7oigc said:
Even 49ers agree that it needs to be imploded immediately. Why stop with the stadium, they should consider imploding their team as well :)

I was at the Panther game several weeks back, my first regular season game ever there. Also did a tour a few days later...

It's a POS stadium in terms of congested concession walkways, 3rd world bathrooms, traffic patterns around the field, etc.

As for the field itself, I got to walk on it on a very nice sunny day. It is like the players' have long said...."always a bit wet no matter how long it's been since rain" (thanks to the water table being too high). The converted baseball park renders a certain section of the stadium unusable for fans as the sightlines are completely blocked.

However, having said all of that......the location and weather on a nice 1 PM game was really nice, right on the water. Those overhead shots on TV right before the games start will be missed.....call me biased, but that's been the best scenery of a football stadium in the US.

And the history and what's taken place there is unreal. Only Lambeau Field could compare or beat it. For a fan of the team, walking in the old locker room and tunnel where the legends played was a surreal experience. The new stadium will be better sports facility but will probably never match Candlestick in that regard.

It's time to move on and I'm looking forward to the new stadium, Super Bowl 50 and all the other cool future events that will take place there.

Candlestick was a dump the day it was conceptualized. It was designed as a Baseball only park and the outfield was wide open to the elements. Because it was designed as a much smaller stadium with a much smaller capacity, the walkways and such are much smaller than they should have been. Even after they enclosed the stadium and added more seats, the place was still a dump and in by far the coldest place in the Bay Area. I swear, it was always 10 to 20 degrees colder in that place than in any other spot within 60 miles.

No 49er fan is going to come in here and sing the praises of Candlestick. HORRIBLE stadium. Was NEVER a nice one, even when it was brand spankin new.

I say all of that...but I'll still be sad to see the old girl go. SOOO much history. I didn't attend many games when I was young but I've seen every single 49ers game since 1987. I did get to see Willie McCoveys last game from the stands. I followed them prior to that but it wasn't until I started watching games with my father that I made the switch from fan to fanatic. Later on I started attending many more games. I was there to see Garrison Hearst run 96 yards in overtime. I was there when Bryant Young broke his leg. I was there when Vernon caught the TD pass to beat the Saints. I was there when Kap busted off a 60 yard TD run vs the Packers.

I guess what I am saying is that the topic here is kinda funny. Players don't like Candlestick? Really? This is news? NOBODY likes Candlestick. LOL. Why do you think the Giants moved? What is going to be missed is the sense of tradition.

One other note....to the guy saying they were dumb to not design it for sound to bounce around? LOL. Are you serious? Candlestick was never the homefield advantage that the CLINK is. Ya know what tho? I'm really OK with that. Historically, teams with that big homefield advantage due to noise end up fizzling in the playoffs because they aren't nearly as good a team outside their building. This isn't an insult of the Seahawks BTW because they have been good both home AND away this year. I'm speaking more in general. The Saints are a good example of one of those teams.

You're correct. Most teams aren't very good on the road as they are at home. Noise may or may not have anything to do with it. This year, the Seahawks are 6-0 at home and 6-2 on the road. While they aren't as good on the road as they are at home, they are still very good.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":9b6pexl0 said:
chris98251":9b6pexl0 said:

Yeah...the new facility will be awesome. Already a season tix holder. AT&T created an all new vibe around the Giants when they built it. Hoping for the same.

As for the entire division, with the Clink, Levi's, University of Phoenix and hopefully something new for the Rams the division will feature some of the newest and nicest digs in the NFL. I like the new building in Minn as well, but that god awful new stadium in Atlanta looks like a giant sphincter.

Yeah i am glad you guys are not building a giant space ship. Whilst Cowboy Stadium might be aesthetically pleasing to look at, I am not sure it fosters the independent culture we like to call football, too uppity. The University of Phoenix stadium is an architectural marvel but hardly captures the aggressive (Too laid back) spirit of an NFL game. I think it would be better served as a Nasa observatory or space museum. Altanta's new stadium does look like a giant sphincter. That city is beautiful (At least I think so) so why you wouldn't build an outdoor stadium is beyond me?? make the northern teams suffer in the sweltering September heat. Perhaps phoenix has limited options playing in the desert.

We had our own treasure called the Kingdome. It was the largest concrete structure ever built. Now that you put it that way the
"Stick" is the last of its generation between the circular cookie cutter stadiums of Candlestick, Kingdome, The Vet, Three Rivers, Riverfront and maybe memorial stadium. The difference being that ours had a concrete roof and while it was not a thing of beauty, it was an engineering marvel.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawkfan68":6ny158d2 said:
Marvin49":6ny158d2 said:
NINEster":6ny158d2 said:
seahawk12thman":6ny158d2 said:

You're correct. Most teams aren't very good on the road as they are at home. Noise may or may not have anything to do with it. This year, the Seahawks are 6-0 at home and 6-2 on the road. While they aren't as good on the road as they are at home, they are still very good.

True, but it is PARTICULARLY true of teams that enjoy that particular homefield advantage. Again...this isn't anything against the Seahawks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Marvin49":1rnq0lra said:
Brahn":1rnq0lra said:

Oh please. LOL.

I love how teams take a few guys and paint the entire fanbase with that brush. I guess all Seattle fans paint themselves up like the hulk too (which I thought was pretty cool BTW).

The seahulk is clever, you guys got fat middle aged white guys with bandanas on walking around with a cap gun in a threatening matter. That ishbop is corny lol

Hawks46

Reaction score
NINEster":7n75yuef said:
seahawk12thman":7n75yuef said:

I'd go with that. The stadium was a dump the but the location was pretty spectacular.