Marcus mariotA announces he's not going pro

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2jc3xq9z said:
I think this is the right move and don't see him becoming Barkley. He's too good and he'll have an even better year next year with maturity. Possible #1 overall pick in the '15 draft IMO.

Only if Jameis Winston is in jail on those rape charges. Otherwise Winston goes 1st and Mariota 2nd most likely.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":30fisp60 said:
hawksfansinceday1":30fisp60 said:
I think this is the right move and don't see him becoming Barkley. He's too good and he'll have an even better year next year with maturity. Possible #1 overall pick in the '15 draft IMO.

Only if Jameis Winston is in jail on those rape charges. Otherwise Winston goes 1st and Mariota 2nd most likely.
Agree. I forgot about Winston.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Mariota did the right thing. He wasn't going early first round despite what Duck fans believe.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":cm61g58i said:
Mariota did the right thing. He wasn't going early first round despite what Duck fans believe.

Every single mock draft I've looked at the last month had him in the top 5, usually top 2. So don't act like its just duck fans that think this.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2k8urzsa said:
CALIHAWK1":2k8urzsa said:

Every single mock draft I've looked at the last month had him in the top 5, usually top 2. So don't act like its just duck fans that think this.

I am a husky fan and think he would have gone in the first round for sure.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1jlnphx2 said:
CALIHAWK1":1jlnphx2 said:
Mariota did the right thing. He wasn't going early first round despite what Mock Draft Experts believe.

Fixed that for you.

The same mocks that had Barkley as tbe first pick? Or all the ones that nailed EJ Manuel being the only QB taken in the first last year?

Subzero717

Reaction score
bigtrain21":25128u94 said:
JSeahawks":25128u94 said:
CALIHAWK1":25128u94 said:

I am a husky fan and think he would have gone in the first five for sure after watchimg them beat us down. Then i saw him against Stanford and Arizona the Dawgz against Arizona State and UCLA and realized we suck.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3hxhcz1z said:
Sarlacc83":3hxhcz1z said:
CALIHAWK1":3hxhcz1z said:
Mariota did the right thing. He wasn't going early first round despite what Mock Draft Experts believe.

Fixed that for you.

The same mocks that had Barkley as tbe first pick? Or all the ones that nailed EJ Manuel being the only QB taken in the first last year?

You missed the point that it's not just Ducks fans. (I think he would've gone in the first because teams are so QB hungry, but I didn't like his chances in the NFL.) I left your first comment alone.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2hwia9rv said:
CALIHAWK1":2hwia9rv said:
Sarlacc83":2hwia9rv said:
CALIHAWK1":2hwia9rv said:

Fixed that for you.

You missed the point that it's not just Ducks fans. (I think he would've gone in the first because teams are so QB hungry, but I didn't like his chances in the NFL.) I left your first comment alone.

I said early first. I can't see any team wanting the first pick that needs a qb.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I had Barkley slated for late rd 2. He can thank all former Trojan QBs for that. Not being sarcastic, in fact complimentary (to SC). They clearly max the potential of their QBs, hitting their ceiling by draft day, IMO.

My opinion differs from people in here on this year's QB crop. They know what they are talking about, I just disagree. My QBs in this draft, in order, would be

Bridgewater
(Mariota)
Carr
Mettenberger, I would have above Carr, but don't know enough about the knee (atm).
Winston, Whether found guilty or not, I would still be concerned about his character.
Boyd
Manziel

I would not want my team to pick Manziel to be my starting QB. Nothing personal or off-field related. I just doubt he will last. He thinks he's Favre with the tough QB attitude, he's not and will get pummeled at the next level early and often. But I wish him well and will enjoy watching his magic while it lasts.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ifo Ekpre Olomu also announcing tomorrow that he's coming back to Oregon for another season. He was also expected to be a 1st round pick.

Now we just need DAT to decide to stay.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah they need to put a year in to study for the Wonderlic test anyway. :)

Sounds like a great Christmas Gift for you J.

Will be good at least to see what Peterson can put together against a good Oregon team, at least we will know how far up the hill we need to climb at UW.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Mariota is not a starting QB in the NFL, even if he stayed in for another 4 years.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2ivbolyz said:
Mariota is not a starting QB in the NFL, even if he stayed in for another 4 years.

Give it up.