Mariners sign......

Lithium

Reaction score
Willie Bloomquist! I would make a joke but he is now our best hitter average wise lol

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Welp, we now have an old backup utility defender.

Rejoice! All our problems are solved!

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Wow what a non power hitter. And where does he play. God jack z is an idiot.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
at first i was going to blow this off... but on second glance it just looks stupid.

its not like its a big deal, but why 2 years, and why 6 million? we dont have someone in AAA to hit .220 and not catch a ball?

McG

Reaction score
The sad part is that he signed for 2 years, 5-6 mil... Why did I stop playing baseball?!?

15 years ago I was being scouted in HS, got a fairly bad shoulder injury and worried more about parties and girls than getting back as good as I was.

Stupid, stupid, kid.

DHawk

Reaction score
Surprised he got away from Arizona. Fans down here love this guy for some reason.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
They probably did it today hoping with the Hawks and Sark no one would notice another bad move to make a bad defensive team worse.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Happypuppy":3rdw2wqi said:
They probably did it today hoping with the Hawks and Sark no one would notice another bad move to make a bad defensive team worse.

Thats the thing that pisses me off about this move.... he offers no defense. every damn season by June I'm waiting to see what they do in December-March.. and this is the first move?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blitzer88":adegy4ul said:
dontbelikethat":adegy4ul said:

Would love to have Cano, but man.....we could get 4 or 5 pretty good players for all that money it would cost to get him.

are there even 4-5 good players who will come here? Ive been fighting the good fight for this team over the last couple years on this board against those who say we dont try... thing is, we do try and sign/trade for big time players. they just dont want to come here....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Veteran+local guy = superstar in Howard Lincoln's eyes. This move has the stench of Howie all over it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1w8lpyez said:
Talking to guys don't mean diddly. They talked to every big FA every year, don't me squat if you don't sign em. Even by the remote chance they land Cano, they are still at least one impact bat away from even contending. I don't trust Howard Lincoln as far as I can throw his Montgomery Burns lookin' ass!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score