The Panthers Will Make A Push

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
knownone":2n7avukr said:
Panthers won't even finish second in their division. I can't buy into Newton in pressure situations. He's great when things are going his way, but crumbles in adverse situations.

They haven't beat a single team over .500, in fact 3 of their 4 wins are against the 3 worst teams in the NFL (Vikings, Giants, Buccineers). The other team? The Rams who were without Bradford.

I would not be surprised to see them 4-6 in 3 weeks.

:141847_bnono:

hawk45

Reaction score
Panthers tried multiple times to give the game away to the Niners despite a dominant D. Fumbles, botched snaps, you name it.

They could very well make a push, but they have some issues to clean up still on offense and mentally. They're good enough to play teams like Seattle and SF tough, and unpredictable enough still to lose to teams they shouldn't lose to.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Today's final score between Carolina and SF epitomizes who these teams are. Great defenses that get little support from their offenses. QBs in particular. On the road, both teams present reason for concern. At the Clink? Carolina is no more threatening than SF, and SF isn't exactly scary. I welcome either to our abode after our 1st rd bye.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought Carolina would be a force this year. It hasn't always been pretty, but they've won the games they are supposed to win and they've been a tough out against top teams. Even their loss to Arizona doesn't look all that bad right now, Arizona is on the fringes of the playoff hunt.

mistaowen

Reaction score
To be a serious contender they need some more talent on offense. Their D is LEGIT but their offense makes it impossible for them to crush teams. So many boneheaded mistakes against the 49ers letting them hang around in a game they didn't deserve to be in. Kap looked like he did the first time he played at the Clink and he was at home. If they can get a guy as talented/better than the current version of Steve Smith to play across from him they would be scary. Their two running backs are solid but just don't seem to put up big games so I don't know if replacing them would matter.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
mistaowen":281arcr3 said:
To be a serious contender they need some more talent on offense. Their D is LEGIT but their offense makes it impossible for them to crush teams. So many boneheaded mistakes against the 49ers letting them hang around in a game they didn't deserve to be in. Kap looked like he did the first time he played at the Clink and he was at home. If they can get a guy as talented/better than the current version of Steve Smith to play across from him they would be scary. Their two running backs are solid but just don't seem to put up big games so I don't know if replacing them would matter.

I'm not proclaiming them champions of anything, but when their defense only allows 12 points per game, they don't need too darn much in the way of offensive improvement.

We will know more, of course, after they play New England and the Saints twice.

hawk45

Reaction score
Great defense is a scary equalizer as we know; you're in every game.

Still not buying the Carolina offense, but 2 straight weeks Cam hasn't given the game away in the 4th, and that's been enough with that D harassing the living bleep out of the other QB on the pivotal drives. He still gets the yips inexplicably on some easy passes and sails them, but eh.

Can't argue with the results. Scary team for anyone to face in the post-season. You know it's gonna be close. And that D obviously travels.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
HawkWow":3g6w23nj said:
Today's final score between Carolina and SF epitomizes who these teams are. Great defenses that get little support from their offenses. QBs in particular. On the road, both teams present reason for concern. At the Clink? Carolina is no more threatening than SF, and SF isn't exactly scary. I welcome either to our abode after our 1st rd bye.
Agreed, would rather play Carolina then Detroit or the Saints for sure. Our defense just destroys QB's like Cam and kap especially at home.

Barakas

Reaction score
They can push all their way to the Clink in the playoffs....

Not worried about them in our home but it will be funny to watch them help deny the 49ers a playoff spot!!

drdiags

Reaction score
Defense travels well. They are also getting something I think Seahawks fans understand, a strong us vs the world bonding as well as belief in their starting QB. Will be very interesting to see how they end up against the Saints. I hate their offense though. Why pay so much money for two RBs in Stewart and DeAngelo and not use them more? It is criminal that Cam was their leading rusher last night.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
bestfightstory":agopzn6v said:
mistaowen":agopzn6v said:

I'm not proclaiming them champions of anything, but when their defense only allows 12 points per game, they don't need too darn much in the way of offensive improvement.

We will know more, of course, after they play New England and the Saints twice.

they went 2-1 in those games.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
They worry me a little but I believe we will work our offensive woes out before facing them in the NFC championship IF they can get past losing Steve Smith.

googoodan

Reaction score
knownone":2g7socj0 said:
Panthers won't even finish second in their division. I can't buy into Newton in pressure situations. He's great when things are going his way, but crumbles in adverse situations.

They haven't beat a single team over .500, in fact 3 of their 4 wins are against the 3 worst teams in the NFL (Vikings, Giants, Buccineers). The other team? The Rams who were without Bradford.

I would not be surprised to see them 4-6 in 3 weeks.

Wow...

You can always pick out the dedicated ESPN viewers. This guy really knows his stuff.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Panthers are going to get rocked by Seattle or SF. Are they good? Yeah but they couldn't put away a crippled Falcon team. They had 9 sacks that game and only won by a point. Carolina is a good team but they aren't unbeatable. They will get beat.

drdiags

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone can make blanket statements about how a team will perform in the playoffs. History has shown time after time that all it takes is to get into the tournament. I think it is fatal to dismiss anyone until they are gone. Some of the same cockiness that I read about how the Panthers or you name them cannot do this or that just has me shaking my head. Did the 7-9 Seahawks or the Superbowl winning NY Giants and Ravens show anything to the skeptics?

I can see feeling positive about teams but the outright dismissal of any team's chance just sets you up for getting shocked. I don't see anybody rocking anyone else in the NFC playoffs. If it happens, I have a feeling who might do the rocking but I surely am not that dedicated a gambler to put money on it.

googoodan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":6sk0vyt9 said:
The Panthers are going to get rocked by Seattle or SF. Are they good? Yeah but they couldn't put away a crippled Falcon team. They had 9 sacks that game and only won by a point. Carolina is a good team but they aren't unbeatable. They will get beat.

I think we are very beatable.

But if you're basing your opinion on a *win* against a rival, on the road, without our best playmaker, after a berth has been clenched.... well, nevermind. No amount of words that I type will have any impact on your opinion.

Enjoy the bye week.

Latest posts