Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Post subject: Walking Dead: Season 4
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:37 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

New season starts tonight.

Post subject: Re: Walking Dead: Season 4
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:57 pm 
NET Veteran

Man I didn't even get to watch it. Can't check this thread until I do! :evil:

Want to save money? Get cash back from online purchases through Ebates! Referral link here!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:26 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

It's about to start again at 9:30 pm.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:06 am 
NET Veteran

I liked it. Been spoiled with the writers of Breaking Bad lately but it's improving every season. The zombie kills were pretty impressive to start and I like the introduction of new characters and hopefully good storylines (zombies eyes bleeding now??). Not sure where they go with this, but it is definitely connected to animals getting sick now. *Spoiler* Kid who dies at the end and comes back with bloody eyes ate the deer Daryl killed, the boar in the woods was very sick, and their pig was sick. Maybe animals were immune to it but it is changing?

Just hope it keeps steam and differs from last season where you'd have a good episode and then two where nothing happened.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:12 am 
NET Starter

mistaowen wrote:
I liked it. Been spoiled with the writers of Breaking Bad lately but it's improving every season. The zombie kills were pretty impressive to start and I like the introduction of new characters and hopefully good storylines (zombies eyes bleeding now??). Not sure where they go with this, but it is definitely connected to animals getting sick now. *Spoiler* Kid who dies at the end and comes back with bloody eyes ate the deer Daryl killed, the boar in the woods was very sick, and their pig was sick. Maybe animals were immune to it but it is changing?

Just hope it keeps steam and differs from last season where you'd have a good episode and then two where nothing happened.

Yeah I watched it too it is getting better and better the story is growing more arms and legs its brilliant !

Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:15 pm 
* NET Philistine *

I'm assuming the virus or whatever caused the original infections has transformed to kill other hosts. I also assume that all the zombie kills outside the prison has infected the water supply.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:23 pm 
NET Veteran

Is Tyrese this much of a bitch in the comics? He's really starting to piss me off

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:50 am 
NET Veteran

-The Glove- wrote:
Is Tyrese this much of a bitch in the comics? He's really starting to piss me off

I can't tell where they are going with him. In the comics he is a badass with his hammer but his story got going much faster in the comics than it did in the TV show. I like the actor playing him so I am hoping he doesn't have a quick exit and they stop constantly making him act like he doesn't care about dying.

Much, much better direction in the story this season though. It actually makes you look forward to the next week instead of Beth singing for the last 5 minutes of an episode. I think Carol links up with either the Governor or the hunters and Rick ultimately runs into her after the prison is destroyed (not sure how it'll happen though). And the guy from last week definitely had something to do with that girl dying....her leg was cut completely off which I don't think we've seen a zombie do lol

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:17 am 
NET Veteran

mistaowen wrote:
And the guy from last week definitely had something to do with that girl dying....her leg was cut completely off which I don't think we've seen a zombie do lol

Which guy? :?:

Want to save money? Get cash back from online purchases through Ebates! Referral link here!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:19 am 
NET Veteran

dontbelikethat wrote:
mistaowen wrote:
And the guy from last week definitely had something to do with that girl dying....her leg was cut completely off which I don't think we've seen a zombie do lol

Blonde guy who was with her in the house when Rick and Carol were looking for meds. I'm sure I could find his name online easily I'm just lazy. She was getting eaten in the street with one leg cut off and he was no where to be found.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:29 am 
NET Veteran

mistaowen wrote:
dontbelikethat wrote:
mistaowen wrote:

Blonde guy who was with her in the house when Rick and Carol were looking for meds. I'm sure I could find his name online easily I'm just lazy. She was getting eaten in the street with one leg cut off and he was no where to be found.

Damn I don't even remember that part. I like the storytelling mixed with a little action. It just seems like everything's moving so slowly. Rick is starting to piss me off too. He still hasn't recovered from the loss of his wife it seems like. He's supposed to be their leader. Everyone there has lost loved ones.

I like the actor that plays Tyrese too. The other black guy as well, since I'm a big fan of the Wire.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:36 am 
NET Veteran

mistaowen wrote:
dontbelikethat wrote:
mistaowen wrote:

Ahh yeah, they probably have something in store for him since they didn't show what happened to him.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:59 pm 
* NET Philistine *

Tonight's end reveal was rad.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:20 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

I wonder how the conversation with Daryl's gonna go when Rick finally tells him about Carroll. I mean, he's gonna run out of fresh peas at some point. And the conversation with Tyrese should be interesting as well.

Also, 'ello guvnah.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:24 am 
* NET Baller *

That was the best episode of the season, my god, like seriously I didn't know if I gonna make it this whole season.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:26 am 
* NET Philistine *

dontbelikethat wrote:
mistaowen wrote:
dontbelikethat wrote:
mistaowen wrote:

Ahh yeah, they probably have something in store for him since they didn't show what happened to him.

*SPOILERS*
Didn't think about this last night, but with the reveal of the Governor at the end of the episode, there's an off-chance he killed the duo.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:50 am 
NET Veteran

I am sure glad the governor is back.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:00 am 
NET Veteran

Sarlacc83 wrote:
*SPOILERS*
Didn't think about this last night, but with the reveal of the Governor at the end of the episode, there's an off-chance he killed the duo.

That would make sense, he followed them out there if he's just been around the prison this whole time. Didn't even think of that, they wouldn't just throw those characters in for no reason. Well, maybe in the past seasons but I really like the new showrunner Scott Gimple and his team, so I think it'll be significant.

Man, what an episode. Had the real feel of a solid horror movie in only 45ish minutes. Started off slow and then just stayed tense for the final 25 or so minutes. Kudos to the creative team, that was clearly a 'filler' type episode where no substantial plot developments would happen, but was arguably my favorite episode of the entire series. Hershel had some serious character growth and even though deep down I figured they wouldn't kill off Glenn yet, they did a great job making you second guess. Plus, I didn't hate Carl for most of it. Sadly, I think Hershel is broken and would not be shocked to see him killed off before the midseason break, just as he's becoming a solid cast member. Great way to end with Governor as well. My guess is next episode will be mostly Governor and what he's been doing since killing all of his own people and proving if he has a person inside the prison or not.

It's amazing how much better this show is so far, 5 really solid episodes in a row IMO. It used to just be a fun/entertaining show to me with poor writing and acting, but this season is making me hopefully Gimple and his crew are making TWD what it should have been. It's too bad for them that when they finally start getting it together they will be going against Breaking Bad come Emmy's lol

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:27 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
That was the best episode of the season, my god, like seriously I didn't know if I gonna make it this whole season.

I've been pretty bored with this season too up until this last episode.

I'm thinking Darryl is gonna get pissed at Rick at first and maybe get in his face, but then Rick's gonna argue that Tyreese could have spelled trouble for her, and then he's gonna get pissed off at Tyreese.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:39 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

Carol is either going to come back as the female zombie killing version of Rambo, or Rick and the group will see her as a zombie and he'll get all guilt laden and sappy.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:04 pm 
NET Veteran

I finally got caught up last night and I like where they're going with this season so far.

SPOILERS

When it seemed like they were going to kill off Glenn, I was pretty bummed. I didn't think they would take him off the show, or any other main characters with the way they were killing off the sick, and then Rick tells Carol to get lost... Rick made a valid point about the consequences of telling Tyrese, but I didn't think it warranted kicking her out. Do you guys think Tyrese would kill Carol when he found out who it was?

It was interesting to see the fight between Rick and Tyrese in the show. In the comic, it's waaaaaay better and they almost beat each other to death.

I was happy to see that Carl had earned Rick's trust back and they went back to packin' pistols. I'm interested to see how Carol gets worked back into the story along with the Governor and that blonde dude who's GF got killed. TWD usually never wastes characters and I expect to see all three back in some capacity. The Governor is obviously coming up soon, but it might be a while for the other two to reappear.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:51 am 
NET Veteran

Last night's episode felt like an episode of Breaking Bad and for the most part worked well. A lot of the shots and editing felt like they studied BB and applied it to the show. I know one of the main directors from breaking bad is directing one or two episodes of TWD this year so it would make sense if they got advice from her.

I didn't like how they handled the Governor last year. They didn't know whether to make him a complete psychopath or a strong 'leader of woodbury' and by the time he snaps it was too late IMO. So when he runs off to end last year letting you know he'll be back at some point in season 4, I wasn't too excited that his storyline would get dragged on more. But I liked what they did last night and *spoilers* looking ahead to next week where he seems to be submissive in Martinez's group leads me to think he will snap again. Not sure what will motivate him to go to the prison like we saw two weeks ago but again, this season is making the actual plot points worth caring about unlike last year. I have a feeling the two sisters will be killed and I don't know what they'll do with his new 'daughter.' I think the chess game with her had a lot of foreshadowing that will make more sense by the time we get to the prison.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:43 pm 
NET Veteran

It was interesting they devoted the whole episode to him... almost made you feel sorry for him, and almost start to forgive him. I mean he's helping those poor people right? ;)

“He just lost it.”
“Who?”
“The man in charge.”

Was he talking about him losing Woodbury or him losing his sanity? Rick did too right?

I missed the regular characters and the prison, but overall I liked the episode. Was terrified he would do something horrible to those people the entire time.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:51 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

The Governor will finally earn repentance and redeem himself, right before Mischone takes his head or he gets eaten.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:01 pm 
* NET Philistine *

Fantastic episode with the Governor. Precisely the breath of fresh air the series needed at this point. I almost cried at the chess scene, so i can only bow in appreciation of the work done to make the Guv sympathetic.

@mistaowen: I disagree; there was plenty of evidence that Phil was a sociopath last season. The first episode he's introduced ends with the zombie heads including that of the military survivor.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:59 am 
NET Practice Squad

Did Rodriguez and the black guy ditch the Governor after they realized he had a nervous breakdown and was useless? Or did the Governor drift off on his own volition?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:43 am 
* NET Philistine *

Always Fierce wrote:
Did Rodriguez and the black guy ditch the Governor after they realized he had a nervous breakdown and was useless? Or did the Governor drift off on his own volition?

The look on their faces after he slaughters all the civilians indicates to me that they cut the Governor loose.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:47 am 
NET Veteran

Sarlacc83 wrote:
Fantastic episode with the Governor. Precisely the breath of fresh air the series needed at this point. I almost cried at the chess scene, so i can only bow in appreciation of the work done to make the Guv sympathetic.

@mistaowen: I disagree; there was plenty of evidence that Phil was a sociopath last season. The first episode he's introduced ends with the zombie heads including that of the military survivor.

I agree that they had some good scenes showing who he really was (or should be), like the heads as well as killing the entire military group in the first or second episode with him. Maybe it was just the Andrea storyline with him making it feel dragged on. I've always liked David Morrissey as an actor.

In the chess scene, I can't remember exact dialogue, but what do you think he was implying with the king? Like I said above I think it's foreshadowing to his eventual demise/confrontation with Rick since he said "you can lose a lot of soldiers and still win the game" referring to the pawns. I just really don't know what would push him to go back to the prison unless one of the main cast kills his new surrogate family or something.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:56 am 
NET Practice Squad

Something else I wondered - who was the female voice talking to the Governor in the background as he is wandering...where he says he came from a town that was safe and had a good leader, but the leader "lost it"? Was this just meant to be his own introspection?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:42 am 
NET Veteran

twisted_steel2 wrote:
It was interesting they devoted the whole episode to him... almost made you feel sorry for him, and almost start to forgive him. I mean he's helping those poor people right? ;)

“He just lost it.”
“Who?”
“The man in charge.”

Was he talking about him losing Woodbury or him losing his sanity? Rick did too right?

I missed the regular characters and the prison, but overall I liked the episode. Was terrified he would do something horrible to those people the entire time.

I think he was talking about the leader losing his sanity/grip on what was important.

I thought it was a really good episode, and like twisted said, makes you feel sorry for the guy.

It's going to be really interesting to see what happens with the rest of the season. How are they going to tie the Governor back into it?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:42 pm 
NET Rookie

Always Fierce wrote:
Something else I wondered - who was the female voice talking to the Governor in the background as he is wandering...where he says he came from a town that was safe and had a good leader, but the leader "lost it"? Was this just meant to be his own introspection?

It was the sisters from the apartment building. It was the beginning of the conversation they wrapped up after he meets them on screen.

I love this show, but it drives me a bit batty how much the zombies fluctuate as a threat. At times they are ninjas and then somehow an exhausted, wacked out Gov can sleep in the open and wander down the streets of town :roll:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:27 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Looks like crazy Guv is back.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:37 am 
* NET Philistine *

SeatownJay wrote:
Looks like crazy Guv is back.

And we're all better for it. I like how they're filling in the backstory of Woodberry by giving us a newer version.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:34 pm 
NET Veteran

Ok, what did you guys think??

Spoilers!!! Don't look down!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:37 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

twisted_steel2 wrote:
Ok, what did you guys think?

I think Judith probably made for a nice tender morsel. The "veal" of people, if you will.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:52 pm 
NET Veteran

SacHawk2.0 wrote:
twisted_steel2 wrote:
Ok, what did you guys think?

I think Judith probably made for a nice tender morsel. The "veal" of people, if you will.

Yea.

Seems they kept the deaths pretty accurate to the comics at this point, different scenarios, but if true... the final prison raid is where Lori and Judith meet their end.

I really don't see little ass kicker making another appearance.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:15 pm 
NET Veteran

Overall, first half of season was fantastic IMO. Up to this point, like I said in the past, this show was pure entertainment for me. It is becoming a show with actual depth and is obvious over 4 years they have weeded out the good and bad writers. There would be episodes in the past where you thought a high school student wrote the episode based on the dialogue alone.

The way they handled the governor was fantastic. I thought they should have done the prison attack last season so leaving him alive left me worried. Over 2-3 episodes it might seem a little rushed how he went from losing any interest in living to snapping back into a guy who only cared about keeping his new family alive, but they did an incredible job illustrating the subtle changes that took place over a few months while letting the viewer purely assume months had gone by. Bad shows have to reinforce that time has passed. Judith is absolutely dead; I think this is the turning point in the show for Rick and Carl. Walking Dead has been dark in the past, but I think this is finally when it gets to the epicness of the comics where the idea of a 'good guy' is gone in this world.

From here, **spoilers**

I know they already hired Abraham and his crew. My guess is they regroup at Hershel's farm and meet him there similar to the comics. It would make sense to head to the military base to finish the season and introduce the Hunters as the new bad guys. What's not to like about a cannibalistic group being the antagonist? They had subtle hints to that with the radio saying something about come to a sanctuary a few episodes ago. I could see the show going towards the invitation being to the Hunters or an actual sanctuary, and hope that the Hunters have a bigger part in the show cause they were awesome in the comics but died fast.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:37 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

I was hoping that they didn't shoot the governor in the head.

I wanted him to come back as a zombie like Meryl did.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:29 pm 
NET Veteran

twisted_steel2 wrote:

Don't be so sure...

Tyrese running away with his rifle slung and carrying something in both arms...

Also, it would make no sense for a walker to be able to (1) undo the buckles, and (2) move a body before eating it. I think the empty seat is just a plot device for Rick/Carl since the group is fleeing in splintered groups right now and they are on their own.

I was pretty sure Herschel was a goner by the end of this season, but I wasn't expecting it like that. Totally glad the Gov is gone now because his character was just straight up cartoon-villainous and eye roll worthy.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:12 pm 
NET Veteran

253hawk wrote:
twisted_steel2 wrote:

Don't be so sure...

Tyrese running away with his rifle slung and carrying something in both arms...

Also, it would make no sense for a walker to be able to (1) undo the buckles, and (2) move a body before eating it. I think the empty seat is just a plot device for Rick/Carl since the group is fleeing in splintered groups right now and they are on their own.

I was pretty sure Herschel was a goner by the end of this season, but I wasn't expecting it like that. Totally glad the Gov is gone now because his character was just straight up cartoon-villainous and eye roll worthy.

Well well well, look at that. :hmmmm:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:58 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Nice catch with Tyrese!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:49 pm 
NET Veteran

Finally...new episode...Carl is a goddamn idiot. Does his feet not work?

Last edited by -The Glove- on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:05 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Carl is a kid who thinks he's a grown up but isn't. This episode showed that pretty well.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:33 am 
* NET Baller *

pretty cool episode last night.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:23 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*

I really want Carl dead

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:45 pm 
* NET Baller *

But that pudding tho... Made me want some

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:53 pm 
NET Veteran

Is the writing for Carl bad or is he just a terrible actor? Any scene that he is supposed to be emotional in is comical. It's too bad Carl is in the small minority of characters who can't be killed off.

Good start to the second half though. Michonne was pretty badass.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:16 pm 
NET Veteran

SacHawk2.0 wrote:
I really want Carl dead

LOL...ya same! Rick can handle it....

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:27 pm 
* NET Philistine *

So, that episode went absolutely nowhere. Haven't we seen enough house raid episodes?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:50 am 
NET Veteran

Character development in my TV show? Why I never...

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]