Sounders Season Thread - Sigi is STAYING

knownone

Reaction score
This is gonna be a hell of a second half, bring in Rosales and let it loose, if this team doesn't fight then Sigi is out of a job.

Believe and it will happen.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Bwahaha. 4-1. Seattle needs 3 goals in 45 minutes. So good. This has made me forget all about the Ducks.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Why is Dempsey supposed to be good? Seriously, that sullen a-hole plays like crap most of the time.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Whatever. If Sigi is still here next season I will puke.

Go Hawks. Please end this misery.

knownone

Reaction score
Good luck Portland... It'll be interesting to see you guys against an equally talented midfield.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sounders got all they deserved. Who plays f*cking Joseph up front in a play off game. Get Sigi out and the RSL coach in! 5 years of failure in the play offs.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Yeah....That was something alright...

Sigi definitely on the hot seat after this one.

Had the talent to get it done, failed. Defensive shape in shambles pretty much all year. Need stabilizing player in the backline. Previously it was Jeff Parke and he's been missed since he left.

Now tough choices to make.

Do we bring back Sigi? If not, who? Kries? Schmetzer?

Do we bring back EJ? and for how much?

Do we bring back Mauro....Definitely not a DP

Do we designate Ozzie a DP?

Do we re-sign Evans? I really hope so. He's matured into the type of Captain I want on this team.

Does Oba stay until next year? (our history with mid-season DP's is astonishingly terrible).

Who do we bring in to solidify the back line?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Putting Joseph at forward in a critical match is just a terrible decision. Sigi has trouble putting a decent lineup lately. I've seen snails move faster than Joseph. It would have been better to put Rosales there to begin with. Rosales has lost some speed but is still faster and a better passer than Joseph. Hell, I would have put Yedlin at forward before putting Jospeh there. Are we ever going to see Zakuani play again? If not, why is he still on the roster? The Sounder defense is pathetic and needs a lot of work. That was a piss poor showing for a team with its back to the wall in an elimination game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":25kusv4b said:

Had the talent to get it done, failed. Defensive shape in shambles pretty much all year. Need stabilizing player in the backline. Previously it was Jeff Parke and he's been missed since he left.

Do we re-sign Evans? I really hope so. He's matured into the type of Captain I want on this team.

Does Oba stay until next year? (our history with mid-season DP's is astonishingly terrible).

i will coach...

knownone

Reaction score
Smurf":3cvrcf09 said:

I think it's time to move on from EJ, I love him as a player but his tactical acumen and vision are lacking, which is fine if he didn't want DP money but he does.

Unless I'm mistaken Mauro is only a DP because of his transfer cost, so he could technically resign for the same salary.

I wonder if Seattle can use the mysterious "retention fund" to resign Ozzie and not lose a DP slot. SKC did it with Zusi who makes DP money but isn't classified as such.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
EJ won't get DP money. He'll get the Kasey Keller special. $300,000.

Mauro will probably be back but not as a DP as you indicated. Alonso will get a raise via retention funds alla Hurtado.

It'll be interesting to see how the off-season goes.

rightbench

Reaction score
Eddie Johnson is the laziest player I've seen. I spent more time this season yelling at him than I did cheering for the team. He breaks off runs looking bored more often than anyone else I've seen, only to have the through pass he was waiting for roll right by him to the defense.

And he doesn't pass on breakaways, just steps over 5 times before allowing the defense to take the ball away from him. (how many times has he EVER scored with the stupid fake pass stepover move).

Other than being a tall tree that can head balls into the goal, what does he do exactly?

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
rightbench":wm2hvgn0 said:
Eddie Johnson is the laziest player I've seen. I spent more time this season yelling at him than I did cheering for the team. He breaks off runs looking bored more often than anyone else I've seen, only to have the through pass he was waiting for roll right by him to the defense.

And he doesn't pass on breakaways, just steps over 5 times before allowing the defense to take the ball away from him. (how many times has he EVER scored with the stupid fake pass stepover move).

Other than being a tall tree that can head balls into the goal, what does he do exactly?

Lol....ok buddy...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":q7dc6338 said:
rightbench":q7dc6338 said:

Lol....ok buddy...

his comments may not be on point.... but his sentiments are in the right place. EJ hasnt really ingratiated himself with the Sounders fans this season, and alot of that comes with the way he carries himself on the field. He "looks" lazy. he "looks" bored. He honestly "looks" above it all.

the issue that the Sounders have with EJ is that he was supposed to be playing for a spot on the USMNT... and this was the best he could give the Sounders. its not exactly promising.

knownone

Reaction score
Find me a forward who gets as few touches as EJ that doesn't look disinterested or bored at times. Eddies issue is more decision making than a perceived lack of effort.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Reports are coming in that we are shopping EJ around to other teams. I'm on my phone, otherwise I would post a link. Saw the story on reddit.