Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians: Wilson>Kaepernick

McGruff

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":dwjdw263 said:
RiverDog":dwjdw263 said:
plyka":dwjdw263 said:
There is no question who the better QB is. Kaep is physically gifted, the man runs like a gazelle. He may be one of the fastest players in the NFL! He has a better arm than Wilson as well. So Kaep is faster, taller and has a better arm. In fact, the only place that Wilson has the edge is the place where it matters most, between the ears. Wilson = professor, Kaep = high school drop out.

He has a stronger arm, but I wouldn't call it a better arm. IMO Russell has a cleaner, more accurate delivery.

Bill Walsh once said that arm strength is one of the least important attributes of a good NFL quarterback.
Best example of what Walsh said: Jeff George

You mean the Jeff George that had a 13 year NFL career and started over 100 games and threw over 150 TD's?

Yeah, you would have to suck to have a career like that.

birdman5

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Krapernick is totally stupid, even he likes the Dolphins better than the Whiners..

4BlatantAgent9

Reaction score
Yowzas!!! Seahawk fans invest ALOT of energy hating on the Niners. Almost as much energy in an attempt to convince themselves that Kap sucks and RW is raging phenom that just can't be stopped. Listen fellas, all these stats mean squat. Alex never had and still doesn't have "elite" QB stats, but he can get the job done. Same goes for both of our teams QBs. I'm not even gonna start throwing around who is better at what aspect of the game but I believe if some of you wipe RWs goo from your eyes, you might see it's a bit closer than u think.

The Outfield

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":2qo9qvs1 said:
Yowzas!!! Seahawk fans invest ALOT of energy hating on the Niners. Almost as much energy in an attempt to convince themselves that Kap sucks and RW is raging phenom that just can't be stopped. Listen fellas, all these stats mean squat. Alex never had and still doesn't have "elite" QB stats, but he can get the job done. Same goes for both of our teams QBs. I'm not even gonna start throwing around who is better at what aspect of the game but I believe if some of you wipe RWs goo from your eyes, you might see it's a bit closer than u think.

WE invest a lot of energy? You should take a look at 49ers forums. There are threads dedicated to trashing the Seahawks, containing thousands upon thousands of posts.

OP
OP
CortezKennedyfan

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
McGruff":2ew2kmuq said:
hawksfansinceday1":2ew2kmuq said:
RiverDog":2ew2kmuq said:
plyka":2ew2kmuq said:
There is no question who the better QB is. Kaep is physically gifted, the man runs like a gazelle. He may be one of the fastest players in the NFL! He has a better arm than Wilson as well. So Kaep is faster, taller and has a better arm. In fact, the only place that Wilson has the edge is the place where it matters most, between the ears. Wilson = professor, Kaep = high school drop out.

He has a stronger arm, but I wouldn't call it a better arm. IMO Russell has a cleaner, more accurate delivery.

Bill Walsh once said that arm strength is one of the least important attributes of a good NFL quarterback.

You mean the Jeff George that had a 13 year NFL career and started over 100 games and threw over 150 TD's?

Totally missed his point.

Jeff George, in the words of Terry Bradshaw, could "throw the ball a country mile." But he had less success than plenty of less-strong armed QB's. Randall Cunningham and JaMarcus Russell are the two strongest i've ever seen. The difference in their level of success shows just how little arm strength matters compares to the other things that make a great QB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":760redpb said:
So says a forty whiners fan on a Seattle board. Who's the obsessed one again?

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawks record vs the Niners since Wilson took the helm? 2-1. 2-0 vs. Kaps Niners.

Nuff said.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":bvbtgo6l said:
Seahawks record vs the Niners since Wilson took the helm? 2-1. Nuff said.

Russell Wilson record against Colin Kaepernick: 2-0.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
IcedHawk":96y7v2qj said:
AF_Hawk":96y7v2qj said:
Seahawks record vs the Niners since Wilson took the helm? 2-1. Nuff said.

Russell Wilson record against Colin Kaepernick: 2-0.

Beat me to my edit. Nicely done.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":2pucvrv0 said:
There were a couple of Arizona sports hosts that said the same thing after facing Kaepernick and Wilson back to back.

Here's the podcast. It's about 16:50 in.

http://arizonasports.com/?nid=244&a=300 ... 0Hour:%201

They couldn't have been more impressed with Wilson. So we're not the only people seeing it.
Thanks! I actually enjoyed the rest of their discussion as well.

Hearing people bemoan their team's inadequacies is a comforting refresher for how far the team has come along.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":1f1a7sgr said:
In his last 32 games Alex Smith has the best winning pct in the NFL. Not even Russell Wilson will match it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":cbh10dwb said:

The obsession is mutual. Go to the 49er boards and you'll see just as many, if not more, threads about the Seahawks and hatred towards them.

It's hilarious that the 49er fans on here think the Seahawks fans are the only ones obsessed with the opposition.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Kaeperstank is a VERY good QB in my opinion. Russ is playing better right now, but CK is getting the job done there and is the better choice over Smith. RW is more consistent but they are both just kids. Neither one has been starting for 2 seasons.
For the small level of pro experience they are having they both sure are doing some damage to their opponents.

CK seemed to ride the hot receiver last year in Crabtree, some believe that he is a one read guy where I think Papaki just sees his first option open and hits it.

I always get a laugh out of those who think the Seahawks WRs are average because no one has a thousand yards. It was best explained by Bevell today. He said that they are getting the passes that they want, but there isn't a lot of passes to go around. That they could be a 50 attempts per game offense but that they are finding more success on the ground.

Then, of the 30 passes that they usually max out at, they are going to whomever the coverage allows, which ends up being 7-8 receivers, each getting around 4 looks a game give or take a few. Hearing Bevell was interesting and he totally made sense, but his comments pointed out how truly gifted Wilson is as he finds so many different guys which makes it difficult for defenses to provide help in coverage when they cant decide on who to take away.

Ehh.. Both these guys are going to have great careers, but the Niner fan who claims that Kaeperstank is better because he won 1 more playoff game than Russ did is the same kind of Niner fan that thinks they are going to destroy the Hawks in December because the team won 5 Super Bowl games over 20 years ago.

Those are the same Niner fans that in 2005 and 2008 were telling AZ and SEA fans that making it to the Super Bowl meant nothing, but in 2012 it is an accomplishment.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
McGruff":vw7dd1gp said:
hawksfansinceday1":vw7dd1gp said:
RiverDog":vw7dd1gp said:
plyka":vw7dd1gp said:

And won absolutely nothing and was traded 4 times and I heard described as 'million dollar arm with a ten cent head' and by all reports refused to put much if any time in the film room. Yeah, that Jeff George. I will give him one thing though, he threw the best looking pass I ever saw this side of Joe Namath.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Ninerg":25w6lwy8 said:
jlwaters1":25w6lwy8 said:
RiverDog":25w6lwy8 said:
plyka":25w6lwy8 said:

Kaepernick is fast, but WIlson is just as fast. At the combine Kaepernick = 4.53, Wilson = 4.55, hardly a significant advantage. Kaepernick is a long strider, but is significantly less adept and maneuvering around the pocket. Wilson is quicker than fast, Whereas Kaep is faster than quick. I'd rather have Wilson's short space explosion and escapability than Kaep's marginally superior straight line speed. The both have terrific arm strength. Kaep's may be a A+, whereas Wilson = an A. Both are more than adequate.

What has Wilson really accomplished in this league? Granted, he's a nice story, being an undersized QB and doing pretty well. However, he haven't accomplished anything in this league. Kap thus far has had greater success, leading the Niners to the Superbowl in only his 9th start. Russell Wilson doesn't have anything like that on is resume, even though Russell Wilson actually has more game experience than Kap. Russell Wilson still have much to prove, so all you haters need to stop hating.

Back to Bruce Arians, Carson Palmer, his boy, never won a playoff game before, so he needs to shut up.

Are all Niners fans this brain dead? I mean honestly, does this guy live on another planet or what?

First of all, the discussion wasn't about accomplishments, it was about comparative quarterbacking skills, but since you brought up the subject and to add to what's already been mentioned in this thread to justify Russell's accomplishments, Russell took over a team that the year before was 7-9 with an offense that was ranked 28th in the league to an 11-5 record and an offense ranked 17th. This season, he has been the driving force that has improved that 17th ranking to #7 and the W/L record to 6-1.

So in just under 1.5 years and without any other significant additions to the Hawk offense, Russell has taken an offense ranked 28th to one that is currently ranked 7th and a team that was 7-9 to a team that has a conference best 6-1 and in nearly every circle, considered the leading candidate to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Is that enough or do you need more?

4BlatantAgent9

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":u0gkkegj said:
4BlatantAgent9":u0gkkegj said:

So my very first post ever on any Seahawks forum is considered obsessive?? C'mon man, that's clownish. It's not like I got on here bashing Russell, he's a god QB no doubt. But he isn't great....as of now anyways. Kap is ALSO a good QB, not garbage like some of u say. But what's the point, I guess if my teams trophy case was empty, I would throw around scores from a week 2 game also.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":1zzalow7 said:
Sports Hernia":1zzalow7 said:
4BlatantAgent9":1zzalow7 said:

So my very first post ever on any Seahawks forum is considered obsessive?? C'mon man, that's clownish. It's not like I got on here bashing Russell, he's a god QB no doubt. But he isn't great....as of now anyways. Kap is ALSO a good QB, not garbage like some of u say. But what's the point, I guess if my teams trophy case was empty, I would throw around scores from a week 2 game also.

I hope you see how your earlier post is a bit hypocritical and is what people are referring to. You're saying people here spend a lot of energy on talking about the Niners, but yet you're here going out of your own way to try and convince us about an opinion on Kaep? Granted, I'm not saying which is right or wrong, just stating the point people are trying to make, and to each their own opinion. I also agree with the bolded though. ;)

No need for the lame shots on the franchise. It's awesome that you guys won championships and have a ton of history. I respect that and would be lieing to say I didn't want that kind of history, but in reality, that's all it is, history, cool & neat, but it has no relevance to anything today.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Not sure why I even engage this kind of stuff. No one said Kap was garbage. It would be crazy to say he hasn't struggled this year for sure. Wilson isn't great? Some very smart NFL minds disagree and considering all the things going on around Wilson his advanced stats put him in the top 5-10 in the NFL in year two of his young career. I think he borders on very good/ great already. that isn't homerism its just the truth and again, a ton of people around the league actually agree with that sentiment.

Like the previous poster already stated to take shots at the organization was ridiculous and wasn't even part of your original point. We are talking about Kap and Wilson. I think your QB has a chance to be great too down the road. I think he also has a chance to somewhat bust based on what I've seen. Thats what makes him intriging, nothing would surprise me to be honest.

Check out Fieldgulls recent work on advanced stats for Wilson. Profootballfocus has done some great work on this and another site that I'm drawing a blank on for some reason at the moment. People are afraid to say it for fear of being called overzealous homers but truth is he is borderline great already. Cowherd, Dilfer, Woodson etc have talked about it numerous times on espn. It is what it is.....

Ninerg

Reaction score
Honestly, I respect what R. Wilson has accomplished up to this point, however I believe he still has lot to prove. I like Russell Wilson, I just don't like the brash Seahawks and their fans. Most Niner fans are respectful of Russell Wilson. However, we don't agree that Russell Wilson is better. We do agree that at week 7, Russell Wilson has played better up to this point, do to significant injuries to the Niners receiving corps.

Let us wait until week 17 when RW has Harvin and Kap has Manningham and Crabtree to evaluate.