Best "spectacular catch" receiver on the Seahawks?

Best "spectacular catch" Receiver on the Seahawks?

• Sidney Rice

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Golden Tate

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Doug Baldwin

Votes: 36 36.7%
  • Jermaine Kearse

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Percy Harvin

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Zach Miller

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

IcedHawk

Reaction score
What receiver is the best at the spectacular catches?

Personally, I like Baldwin. I feel like all of our receivers make these catches quite regularly.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tie between Tate and Baldwin, IMO. Percy is absolutely magic after the catch, but I can't recall seeing a whole lot of highlight reel catches by him.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I know Rice sometimes makes really, really difficult passes, but time after time it's Baldwin.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pure acrobatics it's Tate.

Staying inbounds style it's Baldwin or Rice.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1prii4n7 said:
Sid has the toe tapping sideline catches down. He does amazing things.
Hasn't Baldwin had just as many, if not more, of those; on top of more critical 3rd down conversions?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Probably Doug, we're lucky we have such reliable hands though. Even our TE's. Remember Evan Moore?

I'd have said Golden last year though. And on this year's form, Doug would have caught that TD in Arizona.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Tate's combination of ball skills, high-pointing ability and hand strength is second to none.

hawker84

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":28b95we8 said:
Sid has the toe tapping sideline catches down. He does amazing things.

This.... Sidney has had some extremely difficult catches last season especially in the playoffs. He's already had a couple this year as well, however Doug has had the best so far this year. But i voted for Sidney if we're talking pure catching, and not run/moves after catch.

kearly

Reaction score
I voted for Baldwin even though he bobbles routine passes sometimes. That toe tapper he had against (Carolina?) was the most incredible sideline catch I've ever seen.

Tate deserves votes as well. The best catch of the season in 2012 might have been the bomb that Tate caught against Miami inside the 5 yard line, where he had to basically crawl over the defender.

Rice and Miller made fantastic catches look routine.

Kearse is outstanding at high pointing, attacking the football, and laying out for catches. Even the drop-prone Kearse at UW was known for making incredible catches.

jdblack

Reaction score
Sidney Rice doesn't jump much. Some of his sideline catches would look very different if another receiver was the target - any of our other receivers would simply jump and meet the ball before it's several feet out of bounds horizontally. That's also the play style that makes him easier to get interceptions against.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Baldwin makes the ones that just seem improbable. Tate makes the ones that make you step back and go "Did you see that"?

253hawk

Reaction score
Rice gets his when he's practically uncovered; Baldwin gets his when he's got a dude draped all over him and usually on third down.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Baldwin & Tate are most clutch, and of recently Baldwin has been making some crazy sideline catches, but I think Rice's catches are the "prettiest".

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
kearly":2z4jnvzy said:
I voted for Baldwin even though he bobbles routine passes sometimes. That toe tapper he had against (Carolina?) was the most incredible sideline catch I've ever seen.

Tate deserves votes as well. The best catch of the season in 2012 might have been the bomb that Tate caught against Miami inside the 5 yard line, where he had to basically crawl over the defender.

Kearse is outstanding at high pointing, attacking the football, and laying out for catches. Even the drop-prone Kearse at UW was known for making incredible catches.
At Sark's first open practice in '09 I had the opportunity to stand on the sideline during some WR drills. He can catch those outside/back-shoulder passes as he's falling to the ground pretty constently.

OP
OP
IcedHawk

IcedHawk

Reaction score
kearly":2r27dxdn said:

It's insane how every single one of our receivers has a knack for making amazing catches. Hell, even Sherman had that sideline pick last year in Arizona.