Test to see who is a lifetime Hawks fan vs. a bandwagoner

seanoob

Reaction score
SSEHAWK":2gs0xoto said:
How about a couple of our outstanding QB's of the past....... Stan Gelbaugh and Big Dan McGuire. :sarcasm_on:

Bandwagoners think alike?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cberg":16xjs6qz said:
Name an old Seahawk who flew under the national radar but every true fan knows all about.

I'll go first:

Dan Doornink

You mean DOCTOR Dan Dornik right?

How about Paul Johns.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I'll admit, I became a fan during the '05 run. I was 16 years old and wasn't a football fan until then. My dad was always watching the Hawks games, and told me that Seattle has the best running back in the NFL, and is one of the best teams. That drew my interest, so I sat down and watched the Colts game from right after Tony Dungy's son had died, and I've watched every hawk game (except for the first part of the 2011 season while I was in boot camp) ever since. I registered on this forum during the Jim Mora season, so while I did join during the 05 bandwagon, I never left

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
This really isn't that great of a test at all. One can count the number of truly nationally recognized 'Hawks from previous years on their fingers. All other players, many who were really good ones, are known mostly to the team's fans and no one else.

In the early years, players not named Largent or Zorn were unheard of outside the Pacific Northwest. Guys like Blades and Skansi and Michael Jackson were unknowns because the team was a relative unknown. Even in 2005, most of the rest of the nation knew Hasselbeck, Alexander, and Jones, and if they worked in law enforcement, maybe Jerramy Stevens. Quick, without checking elsewhere on the Internet, name wide receivers playing for the Browns, Jaguars, or the Bills. Hell, go ahead and name A player from those teams. Hard to do. Outside of Arizona and a very select, well studied group of divisional fans, the Cardinals may as well be known as the Arizona Larry Fitzgeralds.

We're in some rarefied air here, folks. This current team has probably as many nationally-known names on it as the Seahawks did in every year of our entire history combined. Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, Thomas, without a doubt. Golden Tate for the Green Bay game last year alone. The rest of the Legion of Boom is pretty well known too; in fact, they're probably approaching the notoriety of only a few such defenses, such as the Steel Curtain or the Monsters of the Midway. Hell, Percy Harvin is a fairly well recognized name and he hasn't even seen the field yet. If he comes out and performs to expectations the next few years, he'll be a household name as a Seahawk. And this is on a team renowned for not relying solely on a superstar player at any one position to win games for them. This is the ultimate 53-man team.

For the record though, my contribution is "Every Single Defensive Player on the 1992 Seattle Seahawks Not Named Cortez Kennedy."

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
What no love for the Boz? How about Koren Robinson, or Jeremy Stevens. Oh wait this about favorites? Then not these guys.

My favorite player of all time from the old days was Doornink followed Closely by Mudbone, and then Herrera. And Why doesn't Jack Patera ever get any love on here?

[youtube]IQf1rhAE_34[/youtube]

OldWiseHawk

Reaction score
I'll bite because this thread is rediculous...as am I. I'm not Old, I'm not Wise, but I'm a hawk. I was sitting in my barracks in the late 90's and did an alta vista search of seahawks. I found .net. The articles were great and I wanted to chime in on the forum. I got blasted... I mean torn up. I realized my user ID screamed of young dumb idiot so I changed it to OldWiseHawk.

I would post daily whenever I could. I was stoked when I went from 14.4 to 28.8 and then a screaming 56k.... Smoking fast. Either way deployments and life kept me away, but my lurking always existed. I lived through the changes and the scout debacle. I'm tickled with where this place is now.

I pick my kids up at school and see freaking Seahawks gear, not cheeseheads, whiners, cowboys, or steelers.

Bandwagon tests... I'm just stoked that we have the team we have now. I remember a post Aros did entering the playoffs during our SB run. Goosebumps. How that game tore the fabric of my being. New fans, old fans, future fans.... We have amazing fans.

My under the radar player from my youth was Michael Pritchard, from our 2000 era was Kenny Lucas (I thought he was our Surtain to our Madison) and my present under the radar player is WT3. Anyhow... Soak it up brethren because we are in the midst of it.

Later, not so Old, Not so Wise, Hawk

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Dan McGuire... When Ken Behring OVERRULED Chuck Knox and took him instead of Brett Farve in the draft! :34853_doh: :229031_banghead: As if we needed another reason to HATE Ken Behring! How many Super Bowls did that little decision cost us, maybe/probably... We'll never know.

"Chuck Knox badly wanted to draft Brett Favre, but was overruled by Ken Behring because he was friends with the McGwires. Knox resigns at the end of the season because of it and another year, they’re looking for another franchise QB."