The Seahawks could be a 14-2 wild card.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
History would suggest the Pack will do anything, including start backups the last week, to avoid going to San Fran, or even hosting them.

Coxal

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3e1zoazs said:
Coxal":3e1zoazs said:
We are all talking about the 49ers but I can see the Packers going 13-3 and even 14-2. Except going @Dallas and @Chicago their remaining schedule is peanuts.

France where? And when did you get here? Green Bay is a threat, no doubt, but their receivers keep falling (now Finley).
Their backup WRs seems pretty good and we are talking about Rodgers. But I was just sayin... ^^

And yes i'm french, living near Lyon the second biggest city of the country after Paris. I'm on this board for few years now i'd say since 2009. I mostly read your stuff guys and not talking too much because I discovered football late in my poor european life... So i'm learning from you :snack: FYI I fell in love with our Seahawks the second I discovered the NFL. Can't explain that.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Coxal":2h1zuacg said:
bestfightstory":2h1zuacg said:
Coxal":2h1zuacg said:
We are all talking about the 49ers but I can see the Packers going 13-3 and even 14-2. Except going @Dallas and @Chicago their remaining schedule is peanuts.

France where? And when did you get here? Green Bay is a threat, no doubt, but their receivers keep falling (now Finley).
Their backup WRs seems pretty good and we are talking about Rodgers. But I was just sayin... ^^

And yes i'm french, living near Lyon the second biggest city of the country after Paris. I'm on this board for few years now i'd say since 2009. I mostly read your stuff guys and not talking too much because I discovered football late in my poor european life... So i'm learning from you :snack: FYI I fell in love with our Seahawks the second I discovered the NFL. Can't explain that.

:2: Very very cool. Have never seen France represented here, before.

I want to travel everywhere in the world and have not made it to France, yet. Sante!

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":8knb4gse said:
chrispy":8knb4gse said:
The strength of opponents change on a weekly basis. It's really not meaningful until the end of the season where the entire 16 game schedule is used to base the strength of each opponent. A lot of teams have streaks where they have 2-3 "easy" or "hard" games in a row.
This is true, but the 49ers already have the SoV advantage, and since they only play two different opponents than we do the rest of the year, the Packers & Redskins compared to our Vikings and Giants, which group of two do you think will have a LOT more wins at the end of the year than the other? It's pretty likely that the 49ers would win SoV over us if they went 14-2. Not guaranteed, but pretty likely.

volsunghawk":8knb4gse said:
Another way to phrase this is "If the Seahawks win out, we're guaranteed HFA throughout the playoffs." :mrgreen:
Very true. :)

I'll go ahead and say it right now. I don't think our division will come down to tiebreakers.
Oh, I don't think it will, either. I'm just saying, there is a realistic chance that the scenario I described could happen. Not a one-in-a-thousand kind of thing, but as in, it really could happen.

I think the thought of both of our teams winning out until our matchup in SF tends to overlook history and underestimate other NFL franchises.
I also agree.

The killer in the tie breaking scenario is they get the Packers while we get the Vikings. The Giants/Skins is only a one game difference now and could easily end up a wash, but I can't envision a scenario where the Packers have a worse record than the Vikings this year.

With that, I still say that it doesn't come down to tiebreakers as well, so I agree with you guys there, but the scenario had crossed my mind, but I put it aside and decided not to even look up the scenario until after we played the Niners in December (with the thought that I wouldn't need to look it up as we'd have head to head)

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think there may be a misconception in this thread. Let me clarify. I do not think the scenario I outlined is likely. I'd give it maybe 10-1 odds right now. Realistically possibly, but pretty unlikely. I think the fact that it's even realistically possible is incredible, though. The part that is most intriguing to me is the fact that a division winner might be decided by strength of victory. How often does that happen? It has to be incredibly rare.

I'm a fan of the Seahawks first and foremost, but I'm also a fan of the NFL; the game itself. This possibility would intrigue me even if it was between two AFC teams in a division I couldn't care less about.

Coxal

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3kvhwqys said:
:2: Very very cool. Have never seen France represented here, before.

I want to travel everywhere in the world and have not made it to France, yet. Sante!
I'll be glad to share a drink with you if you travel to France one day. MP if you want some tips. I'll also be glad to host a member of the 12th for a couple of days.

Speaking for myslef I'm booking my first trip the US next september: 3 weeks and, of course, two @Seattle. Can't wait to visit your city guys and of course to go to Clink. I'll probably cry when I'll be there.

NINEster

Reaction score
Neither team will win out. I'd be shocked if either team did.

I highly doubt Seattle sweeps the entire NFC west outside of sf.

Defensive oriented teams are built to dominate in playoffs not usually win a ton of regular season games.

Both teams in question will have duds of offensive performances where the defense will have a hard time overcoming.

Every opponent is gunning hard for these two teams.

Division winner probably at 12 games, runner up at 11.

Where I think we may see a 12 or 13 win wildcard is AFC west between Denver and KC. Denver might be better but KC has easier schedule outside of division till the end.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
NINEster":1vmjvihn said:
Neither team will win out. I'd be shocked if either team did.

I highly doubt Seattle sweeps the entire NFC west outside of sf.

Defensive oriented teams are built to dominate in playoffs not usually win a ton of regular season games.

Both teams in question will have duds of offensive performances where the defense will have a hard time overcoming.

Every opponent is gunning hard for these two teams.

Division winner probably at 12 games, runner up at 11.

Where I think we may see a 12 or 13 win wildcard is AFC west between Denver and KC. Denver might be better but KC has easier schedule outside of division till the end.

I agree with the general point of your post, but doubting that Seattle sweeps the NFCW outside of SF?

We get St. Louis in their house this coming Monday, playing against Kellen Clemens. I think there's a very high probability of a Seattle win there.

The only non-SF division games after that are both in Seattle at the very end of the season. The only way we DON'T win both of those is if we've already locked up the division and the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":gaqrutt6 said:
That would suck to have to play on the road wildcard weekend with a record of 14-2.
It would feel like kharma after winning the div at 7&9 a couple years ago. It would also feel well-deserved if we went into SF with our destiny in our hands and effin blew it.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":g86yywcl said:
Tech Worlds":g86yywcl said:
That would suck to have to play on the road wildcard weekend with a record of 14-2.
Truth.

I do get a vibe that us and the Niners have to play 3 times this year. Destiny. Which is fine, I like the way we match up with them, and there is zero chance a road game at the stick will be an early game.
I get the same vibe. I also get the vibe we will be playing 3 times a season for years to come and I LIKE IT.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":31qu4idn said:
Scottemojo":31qu4idn said:
Tech Worlds":31qu4idn said:
Truth.

I do get a vibe that us and the Niners have to play 3 times this year. Destiny. Which is fine, I like the way we match up with them, and there is zero chance a road game at the stick will be an early game.
I get the same vibe. I also get the vibe we will be playing 3 times a season for years to come and I LIKE IT.

I agree with both of your points. Fine w/ playing them three times because it will actually be good, smash mouth football. Also think that SoV is a valid tie breaker in the unlikely case that SF holds serve and both teams win out beyond that.

I can hate them while appreciating that they're a good team.

rsm650

Reaction score
RiverDog":65of0fhg said:
There's a lot of crazy scenarios this time of year. How about a team from the NFC East winning the division at 6-10 and getting to host a 14-2 wild card team?

If the Giants somehow make the playoffs and win the Superbowl again, I quit watching football. Especially if they do it against the Patriots...

Erebus

Reaction score
Think about this crazy scenario. The Seahawks and niners tie at 14-2 and the Chiefs and Broncos tie at 14-2. Chiefs and Broncos split, and the Chiefs lose to the Colts.

There would be a 14-2 wild card in each conference, with all four 14-2 teams splitting with their division rival and all four teams having their other loss at the hands of the Colts.

The Colts would have some interesting bragging rights to be able to claim to be the only team in history to defeat four 14-2 teams in one year.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3c3aunxv said:
Lords of Scythia":3c3aunxv said:
Scottemojo":3c3aunxv said:
Tech Worlds":3c3aunxv said:
Truth.

I agree with both of your points. Fine w/ playing them three times because it will actually be good, smash mouth football. Also think that SoV is a valid tie breaker in the unlikely case that SF holds serve and both teams win out beyond that.

I can hate them while appreciating that they're a good team.
I don't know how many Hawk fans would say the same, but personally I think we're lucky to have such a great rival. They'll be our little brother for a long time.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":48171sxi said:
I don't know how many Hawk fans would say the same, but personally I think we're lucky to have such a great rival. They'll be our little brother for a long time.

I hope they make it to the NFCCG, which we will be hosting, and they lose in our house. A lot of the 49ers fans are still pissed as hell about how many times they lost to Dallas in the NFCCG in the 90s. We could become their #1 all-time hated foe in the history of their franchise if we do that a couple of times. Oh, man; the tears would be delicious.