A few thoughts on Oregon-Washington

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I'd consider it more quickness than long speed. A lot of big players are more a combination of speed and execution, you can't just run by people typically, especially today, with how deep Oregon's safeties were playing.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
davidonmi":1w3qznd5 said:
Here's a thought, FIRE SARK. Most overrated HC in UW history
If (when?) Washington finishes the season with 7 wins again I'll be tempted to agree with this sentiment. But not before then.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
HawkWow":10g4gbw1 said:
SeatownJay":10g4gbw1 said:
With the possible exception of running back (note the "possible", Duck fans), Oregon has better players than Washington at every position on the field. Until Washington starts winning some recruiting battles that's not going to change and the Ducks will continue to dominate the Huskies on the field.

Unless Phil decides to sell the team, I don't see us out-recruiting them.

A big turning point in this ^&%$fest, along with the Sankey fumble, was the no call on the horsecaller. That would have gave us a 1st and goal. HTF does this not get called? A TD instead of the FG would have got us within a score and the fans would have went all 12 on Mariota the next series, the D would have been jolted and who knows after that?

I am not taking anything away from UO's fantastic win. They left little doubt who the better team was. But a call here, a play there and anything can happen. That's why they're celebrating in Utah tonight. And after starting 8-0, my teams are 0-3 since. GO HAWKS (Gawd dammit).

Totally agree. It would have been a huge swing. The ref was right behind Price when it happened. No way he missed it, just didn't throw the flag.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CPHawk":3462aujb said:
HawkWow":3462aujb said:
SeatownJay":3462aujb said:
With the possible exception of running back (note the "possible", Duck fans), Oregon has better players than Washington at every position on the field. Until Washington starts winning some recruiting battles that's not going to change and the Ducks will continue to dominate the Huskies on the field.

Unless Phil decides to sell the team, I don't see us out-recruiting them.

A big turning point in this ^&%$fest, along with the Sankey fumble, was the no call on the horsecaller. That would have gave us a 1st and goal. HTF does this not get called? A TD instead of the FG would have got us within a score and the fans would have went all 12 on Mariota the next series, the D would have been jolted and who knows after that?

I am not taking anything away from UO's fantastic win. They left little doubt who the better team was. But a call here, a play there and anything can happen. That's why they're celebrating in Utah tonight. And after starting 8-0, my teams are 0-3 since. GO HAWKS (Gawd dammit).

What game did you watch? The refs called the game so lopsided towards UW, it wasn't even funny. If Lowe makes the easy catch on the first drive, UW is down 14-0 and heads hanging before you can say bow down. If your aunt had nuts, she would be your uncle.

Lopsided towards UW? I wouldn't say that. I thought the refereeing was typical Pac12 (low) quality with a couple of the more important calls going Oregon's way. However, I don't think there were any game changing calls, either.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1ul5dj5s said:
.............but Seahawks games are at a level of insanity that is unmatched.
As folks in KC are going to find out today.

There's a blogger for Yahoo sports calling for UO to surpass Alabama and be ranked number 1. Won't happen because of the SEC bias in this country but he makes a compelling argument here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html