College Football Saturday: 10/12

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Tylulu for WSU is quickly becoming the new Willie Williams for me, a guy who is constantly frantically running after a wide open receiver.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Caldwell forgot about the three points of pressure, high and tight kid!

Gap Filler

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1maw5n2r said:
Ole Miss retakes the lead over A&M. This is a good game.

Funnest game I've seen today other than the Michigan/Penn State game. Manziel is so boss. That last run to keep the chains moving, 5 minutes left and game on the line...awesome.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hope that Ole' Miss kid is ok. That was pretty bad looking.

Whew, double thumbs up leaving the field on the stretcher.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Manziel's going to have to learn how to carry the ball when he runs in the NFL or he's going to fumble, a lot.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
This games over, Manziel is going to drive down and win this damn thing.

pehawk

Reaction score
I get pissed when people dog on Manziel as a pro prospect.

For what ever genius Peyton has/had, Jonny has it too. It's just a different genius.

He's stunning...simply stunning.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
Every win on the road in the SEC is a big deal. Very little cupcakes.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Gap Filler":2tkk36du said:

There are quite a few cupcakes in the SEC. But Ole Miss isn't one of them. Theyr'e a pretty good team.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3w0r4dzr said:
Gap Filler":3w0r4dzr said:

There are quite a few cupcakes in the SEC. But Ole Miss isn't one of them. Theyr'e a pretty good team.

Holy hell, Duck boy's going to be unbearable. This wasn't even a Duck comment, but I can feel his duck pride and all-around aura of arrogance (an aura assembled by Thai children, no doubt).

Gross...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":kifx8amu said:
JSeahawks":kifx8amu said:
Gap Filler":kifx8amu said:

Holy hell, Duck boy's going to be unbearable. This wasn't even a Duck comment, but I can feel his duck pride and all-around aura of arrogance (an aura assembled by Thai children, no doubt).

Gross...

Bow Down.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Speaking of cupcakes, Colorado is having a rough go of it tonight.

pehawk

Reaction score
See what I mean?

I'm going to request a sympathy "ban" for all our sake.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1yhd8cmd said:
Speaking of cupcakes, Colorado is having a rough go of it tonight.

No idea if this is legit or not, but a post from a Colorado fan a few weeks ago:

Spoke with a donor that recently had lunch with a couple AD officials. These officials told him that if CU doesn't become competitive in the next couple of years, and the Big 12 implodes, they believe an option the Pac-12 could look at would be dropping CU from the league and adding a few Big 12 schools.

Every league needs a doormat school but the Pac-12 is not going to stand for CU being downright non-competitive. If the DTV deal doesn't get done, the Denver market may not be enough to help CU survive in the league. The Buffs future would most likely be in the Mountain West.

Now, my first thought on this was maybe the CU athletic department should go to academia and tell them if they don't create a window/add a degree to help CU get in JC athletes, ala Cal-Berkeley, the institution would be in danger of having its academics affiliated with the MWC. Would that be enough to sway academia? Benson has already stated to many donors that CU will never allow a PE degree as long as he is the Prez.

And let's be realistic people, unless this staff is the greatest staff in the country at evaluating talent, the recruits it is signing will not be appreciably better than what it has been. We have plenty of history to prove that. I know some of you believe coaching will make-up for the considerable talent chasm between CU and the rest of the league, but I am personally not in that faction. I may have mentioned that once or twice. ;-)

At first, I thought what this donor was telling me just simply could not be true (even though it came straight from the source). But then I thought about it more. CU is in danger of potentially having a decade straight of losing in football. And not just losing, flat-out non-competitiveness. It is currently the worst football program in the modern BCS era and its not even close. Could it happen? Could the Buffs be dropped from the league?

minormillikin

Reaction score
If a bunch of referees have to conference about something before they can make a big call, they should just go directly to film, rather than making a "call on the field," that can be hard to overrule.

Everything worked out this time, thankfully (WSU game).

Latest posts