LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)

HereToRead

Reaction score
hgwellz12":34eb3cg4 said:
funny to ME because when we commenced to stomping a mudhole in them lousy digits a few weeks back on National TV, they kept
flashing shots of Aldon on the sideline w/ his helmet off and my wife kept CTFU saying "What the heck is wrong with THAT guy?"

dude just LOOKS like a crack baby, no offense to any crack babies reading this.

crack babies are usually under developed, so he might be the opposite, LOL

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":3rblxwf0 said:
Sports Hernia":3rblxwf0 said:
Tech Worlds":3rblxwf0 said:
I am just so relieved that the ninners are keeping themselves above reproach.
LOL, yeah that quote has come back to bite D-Baugh in the ass quite ferociously!
Not that that guy deserves any slack - but Aldons situation is not really in db's control. Entirely off field.

db? Douchebag? It is in his control every bit as much as PED's are in Carroll's control. The difference being all of our PED issues were off season issues. Aldon was on his way to practice during the season for the last one and Brooks was in preseason. Don't know when Crabtree and Cox were accused of rape or when the other 4 DUI's were.

In fairness though Crabs, Cox and Brooks were never brought up on charges so obviously those are all bogus charges unlessss wait a minute, we don't have any reason to think that FO and/or the local DA's are doing things to prevent these charges from being pressed or investigations from being pursued do we? I mean they only had the evidence to bring charges up on Aldon for over a year so obviously they had every intention of charging him from day one, right? RIGHT?

But seriously it's not like Cox's DNA was present in his accuser or anything. Oh wait, it was? Oh ok fine but they didn't have multiple signed statements against Brooks or evidence like medical records did they? Oh they did? Oh well I guess they did.

Where was I going with this? I guess I don't know what I'm trying to say. I'm sure these are just miss understandings. They are above reproach and all.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Scottemojo":fw7qttjg said:
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.

He is being sued by someone who was shot at the party. The complaint was filed with the courts a few weeks ago, and that complaint would have contained details about the firearms. The DA probably took a look at the complaint when he heard there were gunshots at the party and then followed up with the police department and asked for details. The police aren't stupid. They would have handed over any evidence or statements from the investigating officers, which would have contained the details about the firearms.

Further, I don't believe it was a cover-up by the police. They probably just figured the guns were legal, took down the model and serial numbers, and left it at that. The prosecutor/DA is the one who determines if charges will be issued. Probably just a bureaucratic snafu that is much less serious than people are implying here. If the DA felt the police were trying to cover up something, that would also be in the news as he would be charging them as well. Nothing is better politically for a DA then going after bad cops.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
What kind of ridiculous theory is that, Hans? The cops just assumed the guns were legal? Are you serious? DAs decide whether to file charges, they don't do the research on which guns are legal. What, you think when a cop is searching a place, they call up the DA on the phone and go "Gee, i just found an Uzi with a banana clip, is this legal Mr. District Attorney?"

Dude...Wow. :34853_doh:

HansGruber

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2qayhjtj said:
What kind of ridiculous theory is that, Hans? The cops just assumed the guns were legal? Are you serious? DAs decide whether to file charges, they don't do the research on which guns are legal. What, you think when a cop is searching a place, they call up the DA on the phone and go "Gee, i just found an Uzi with a banana clip, is this legal Mr. District Attorney?"

Dude...Wow. :34853_doh:

You didnt get my point. Whether or not the cops knew the guns were illegal is beside the point. Cops collect evidence and turn it over to the DA who decides if charges will be brought.

In other words, the cops wouldn't have covered up anything. It would have been whatever attorney got the evidence from the police. They probably sat on it for whatever reason until Aldon messed up again and the civil suit brought attention to the case.

And no, cops don't ask the DA for clarification on the law, but it's not their job to determine if you will be charged. The police investigate potential violations of the law. It is up to the "state" (DA in this case) to review the evidence and determine if criminal charges will be pursued. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

kearly

Reaction score
pmedic920":3qxkxymq said:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.

I am not a gun lover, but otherwise I agree with every word you said verbatim. Blatant disrespect for the law should never be taken lightly. Especially when it involves tools of mass death. Maybe he just think guns are cool, but I think for most of these guys, there's more to it. There's a masculinity aspect to it. I definitely wouldn't feel safer around someone with a gun if they only owned it to feel macho. Especially if that gun could unload a 30 round clip in a couple seconds. I just don't understand the "need" for a weapon like that- outside of a place like Somalia. Especially if you are worth millions of dollars. I just don't get it. What a pinhead.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1vwjwc7f said:
Sports Hernia":1vwjwc7f said:
Tech Worlds":1vwjwc7f said:
I am just so relieved that the ninners are keeping themselves above reproach.
LOL, yeah that quote has come back to bite D-Baugh in the ass quite ferociously!
Not that that guy deserves any slack - but Aldons situation is not really in db's control. Entirely off field.
You missed the point.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
pmedic920" I am a gun guy said:
RolandDeschain":rhhs7cmb said:
If smiling in real life counts, then yes. If you want that kind of firepower, get the proper permits. Why should I not be amused by this?

He did get the proper permits, and obtained them with full compliance of the law, where he bought them. My issue here is two fold:

(1) The Bay Area has the most libtarded gun laws in the country, and even after they got even more restrictive, gun violence has ESCALATED. Why? Because gun regulations as they are currently formatted DO NOTHING to people who use them illegally, because they OBTAIN them illegally. Stricter gun laws are like stricter murder laws. Not really going to do anything to stop most murders.
They need to focus on preventing criminals from getting them, not on preventing EVERYONE from getting them.

And why does that bother me, aside from Freedom/2nd Amendment concerns? Because this kid bought the guns legally, and in his ignorance, didn't see if they were legal in the Bay Area. A stupid, irresponsible move? Yes. Deserving of four years in prison? Only if you are a buffoon. It's UNJUST, pure and simple. Just like the case with Plaxico. Served around as much time for carrying a weapon that Vick served for brutally killing of dogs. His "crime" was only a crime because of his GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION. Justice SHOULD NOT depend on geographical location (except in rare circumstances where such regulations are reasonable). That is absurd, ethically speaking. It is unjust.

Yes, it is irresponsible to not update yourself on gun laws in a state when you *legally* bought them elsewhere. But are you people seriously saying it is deserving of FOUR YEARS IN PRISON? Surely you can't be serious.

California is packed with extremist leftist idiots. Hopefully this place isn't either (I'm also anti rightist idiots, just FYI).

(2) In most situations like this, charges ARE NOT FILED, because the subject in question is a key witness to illegal activity that happened at his party. There can only be one of two motivations for these charges. Either (a), the D.A. is trying to advance his career and make a name for himself, or (b) the D.A. doesn't want it to APPEAR that he's giving a celebrity special treatment. BOTH of these motivations REMOVE THE BLINDFOLD from the face of Lady Justice. Once again, unjust.

You are smirking because he is a 49er. Pretty lame, in my opinion. He needs help, but this guns incident shouldn't be this serious an issue. He wasn't going around shooting people. He bought them legally. He needs to grow up and be an adult, but morally his crime is not deserving of four years. In most cases, either the weapons are confiscated and nothing happens, or this gets plea bargained to a misdemeanor. I'm sure it will in this case, too, because thankfully people in Law are usually reasonable and use common sense, but if not, then this is a clear failure of the justice system.

If you can't take off your Seahawks mask enough to see how this is a retarded flaw in the justice system, you're either a far left nutwing, or a cruel, soulless dick.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":y4sftbky said:
^Someone is a little butthurt^. LMAO!
I believe in the freedom *supposedly* guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. I don't think this is the place to discuss it, but coming from someone who believes in gun rights, these laws in California, particularly the Bay Area, already chap my crew to no end. This is kind of ludicrous. It's extremists throwing up anything they can think of because they can't solve their gang problems. These laws are not deterrents. They are nothing but annoyances at best and serious traps at worst for people who wouldn't use guns in crimes. The entire gun regulation side of this debate needs to seriously step back and think about what they are trying to prevent, and figure out a method that actually has an effect. Look at gun crime in the Bay Area, and notice that even with gun laws getting more strict, more gun crimes are occurring. At what point does the bell go off and you realize, "gee, this isn't working?"

That this affects Aldon Smith is a secondary issue to me. Yes, it is important to me because of who he is, but it is more than that. AND I DO think he should get jail time, but FOUR YEARS? No. A month or two at best is what I would consider just for this, and the only reason I want him to serve some time is so that he finally gets a wake up call. But the possible penalty is absolutely absurdly unjust.

EDIT- let me hit you with an analogy. More people are killed by cars than guns, although the number is close. But DO you get four years in prison for driving without a license? Or even driving drunk? HELL NO you don't. And why? Cars can be just as dangerous. What's the deal here? It's an irrational fear, or it's political capital, and nothing else ("oooooh, guns are bad! Vote for me, I'll take care of them!")

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":61yzlftv said:
Sports Hernia":61yzlftv said:
^Someone is a little butthurt^. LMAO!
I believe in the freedom *supposedly* guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. I don't think this is the place to discuss it, but coming from someone who believes in gun rights, these laws in California, particularly the Bay Area, already chap my crew to no end. This is kind of ludicrous. It's extremists throwing up anything they can think of because they can't solve their gang problems. These laws are not deterrents. They are nothing but annoyances at best and serious traps at worst for people who wouldn't use guns in crimes. The entire gun regulation side of this debate needs to seriously step back and think about what they are trying to prevent, and figure out a method that actually has an effect. Look at gun crime in the Bay Area, and notice that even with gun laws getting more strict, more gun crimes are occurring. At what point does the bell go off and you realize, "gee, this isn't working?"

That this affects Aldon Smith is a secondary issue to me. Yes, it is important to me because of who he is, but it is more than that. AND I DO think he should get jail time, but FOUR YEARS? No. A month or two at best is what I would consider just for this, and the only reason I want him to serve some time is so that he finally gets a wake up call. But the possible penalty is absolutely absurdly unjust.

EDIT- let me hit you with an analogy. More people are killed by cars than guns, although the number is close. But DO you get four years in prison for driving without a license? Or even driving drunk? HELL NO you don't. And why? Cars can be just as dangerous. What's the deal here? It's an irrational fear, or it's political capital, and nothing else ("oooooh, guns are bad! Vote for me, I'll take care of them!")

you sure bitch alot about the place you live. Why dont you move? If it really is that important to you why dont you move away from all the extremists you hate so much? If you dont like the shithole you live in then you do what you gotta do to remove yourself from that shithole.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Annnnnnnd, 5 rusty rings just lost any credibility he may have had.

I can't believe he's trying to whip out the "But Mr. JFK Airport Customs Inspector, that heroin was legal where I bought it from in Amsterdam!" defense.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
He's not going to get 4 years just because that is a possibility, almost no one convicted of their crimes gets the maximum or even close. Even if convicted, which isn't even likely in my opinion, my guess would be he'd get probation or something with no jail time. I don't think having a gun in your possession that you legally bought in another state should cause you to automatically have jail time, but ignorance is not a good defense. There is no excuse for ignorance. I'd think if you have a large gun in your possession and you move, a smart person would check to make sure it is legal in your area. Same as Plaxico should have realized he didn't have a legal conceal and that is even ignoring that he also was incredibly negligent and luckily only injured himself in that incident. I also don't see the need for anyone to have guns of the nature found at Smith's place of residence as they serve no positive purpose, but that is a conversation no one wants to get in to. This is also not even including the fact that he was stabbed and multiple people were shot at his house at the party, which puts this well beyond just having a paperwork issue.

And 5_Golden_Rings, you more than anyone else in this thread is acting like the "extremist".

HawkWow

Reaction score
pmedic920":1yhimcwv said:
lvnginhwktwn":1yhimcwv said:
pmedic920":1yhimcwv said:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.

True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.

Yes those weapons are legal in Texas. The point I was making is, that if we have to obey the laws in our state, so should Smith. If he broke the law and it can be proven, he should pay the price.

***K THE LAW. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Sly Stone circa 1974

Scottemojo

Reaction score
5 rings, you are a dope. Arizona's gun laws for "hunting" rifles are pretty much nonexistent. Whatever the minimum is for gun laws, that is what Arizona has. Which is why he bought them there. Regardless of your feelings on the 2nd amendment, your guy knew the law locally, so tried to get around the law. And let's not pretend Aldon is responsible enough to own a slingshot, he threw a party full of gangbangers and his new guns were on full display and apparently in the hands of the guests.

I love your complaining about how gun laws only put the most dangerous guns in the hands of criminals as you defend a player who by all accounts put his personal weapons in the hands of criminals.

The funniest part, Aldon brought a gun to a knife fight and still lost.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Ok..this is nuts.

DUDE BROKE THE LAW. Doesn't matter if we think the laws suck or not, most laws suck.

75618-YOLO-BRO-SWAG-deal-with-it-gif-7Pdq.gif

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Funny part is he's crying about us having on Seahawks glasses...when this guy went on a whole rant because of his 49ers spectacles.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Regardless of what teams glasses you're looking through I think its a shame what our country is coming to. The criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens. Aldon Smith F**ked up, for sure in more ways than one, when you live the life of celebrity you need to be more mindfull of laws. Not for me to pass judgment or decide his fate, I do however hope that whether he ever plays again or not that he grows up and gets his sh#t together.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2xoswyhx said:
Regardless of what teams glasses you're looking through I think its a shame what our country is coming to. The criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens. Aldon Smith F**ked up, for sure in more ways than one, when you live the life of celebrity you need to be more mindfull of laws. Not for me to pass judgment or decide his fate, I do however hope that whether he ever plays again or not that he grows up and gets his sh#t together.

What criminal has more rights? What law-abiding citizen are we talking about? Cuz it sure as hell isn't Aldon.

I agree with your last sentence though. I'm a football fan. I might be laughing now, but I hope Aldon gets his life straight. He's too damn good to let it all go to waste

Latest posts