LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Pretty stupid of him to do.

At the same time, it's pretty sad that if he was living in nearly any other state there wouldn't be any charges against him, which also speaks volumes as to how stupid California's laws are.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Meh. These were just black rifles available at any sporting goods store in the vast majority of states. Hardly some "heavy firepower". If the cops caught him with a functioning Ma Deuce, or 25mm payload rifle, that would be another story entirely.

The gun possession charge is a felony because he is in California. I have rifles just like those in a safe in my home office, and they are 100 percent legal in every state West of the Mississippi, *except* California.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":nmhtrlfr said:

At the same time, it's pretty sad that if he was living in nearly any other state there wouldn't be any charges against him, which also speaks volumes as to how stupid California's laws are.
And he might not have to be in super intense rehab if those herbs he had in his car last month had been in WA or CO. (Waco? Can't be a coincidence)

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":2g6hxwae said:
fenderbender123":2g6hxwae said:

And he might not have to be in super intense rehab if those herbs he had in his car last month had been in WA or CO. (Waco? Can't be a coincidence)

Weed is almost just as legal in Cali.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1520k0ju said:
Hardly some "heavy firepower".

When I said that, it was based on some Tweets I was reading at the time that said one of the guns was a .50 cal. Just FYI.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":14frny76 said:
SmokinHawk":14frny76 said:
Hardly some "heavy firepower".

When I said that, it was based on some Tweets I was reading at the time that said one of the guns was a .50 cal. Just FYI.
(ir?)regardless - I see a .308 AR whatchumacallit and I'm hittin the deck before I'm hittin the deck!

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Well, yeah; but if it's a .50 caliber, there isn't even anything you can hide behind for protection. :lol:

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
pmedic920":26a28s23 said:
lvnginhwktwn":26a28s23 said:
pmedic920":26a28s23 said:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.

True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.

Yes those weapons are legal in Texas. The point I was making is, that if we have to obey the laws in our state, so should Smith. If he broke the law and it can be proven, he should pay the price.

I understand your point. I think if you choose to live there or if you ha e to live there you should abide by the rules of that state. I was merely point out that I think CA's rules regarding those particular weapons is wrong and anyone that is law abiding should be able to own and possess them.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
funny to ME because when we commenced to stomping a mudhole in them lousy digits a few weeks back on National TV, they kept
flashing shots of Aldon on the sideline w/ his helmet off and my wife kept CTFU saying "What the heck is wrong with THAT guy?"

dude just LOOKS like a crack baby, no offense to any crack babies reading this.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I bet that when Aldon got the news, in rehab, that he had been charged with felonies, his response was "I need a drink."

pehawk

Reaction score
He should just ask for another 28 days in rehab. Or, use to reset the 28 day calendar. Cali's where its at with rehabs, if you got the money. You stay in a nice mansion, have a legit chef preparing your meals, there's all sorts of women with insecurities to prey upon. The hardest part is listening to the faulty science and reasoning, but something tells me Aldon wouldn't know any better.

But the Niner fan does bring up a quasi valid point. This will most certainly mess up his "recovery", assuming he's taking it seriously. Oh well, right?

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1nc835ud said:
I bet that when Aldon got the news, in rehab, that he had been charged with felonies, his response was "I need a drink."

Or, if you like double entendres... "I need a shot."

pmedic920

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2c75wazp said:
pmedic920":2c75wazp said:
lvnginhwktwn":2c75wazp said:
pmedic920":2c75wazp said:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.

True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.

Yes those weapons are legal in Texas. The point I was making is, that if we have to obey the laws in our state, so should Smith. If he broke the law and it can be proven, he should pay the price.

I understand your point. I think if you choose to live there or if you ha e to live there you should abide by the rules of that state. I was merely point out that I think CA's rules regarding those particular weapons is wrong and anyone that is law abiding should be able to own and possess them.

I'll 2nd that.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Aldon should roll up on some liquor stores with the ACR and stock up on the good stuff for free. Then he can hole up in his mansion and get wasted and shoot his guns in the air and stuff.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
pehawk":3b452r1t said:
He should just ask for another 28 days in rehab. Or, use to reset the 28 day calendar. Cali's where its at with rehabs, if you got the money. You stay in a nice mansion, have a legit chef preparing your meals, there's all sorts of women with insecurities to prey upon. The hardest part is listening to the faulty science and reasoning, but something tells me Aldon wouldn't know any better.

But the Niner fan does bring up a quasi valid point. This will most certainly mess up his "recovery", assuming he's taking it seriously. Oh well, right?
boating with Gary Busey is worth the trip. Nothing sets you back on the right path quite the same.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":304pc2ry said:
I am just so relieved that the ninners are keeping themselves above reproach.
LOL, yeah that quote has come back to bite D-Baugh in the ass quite ferociously!

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":s7byjxf4 said:
Tech Worlds":s7byjxf4 said:
I am just so relieved that the ninners are keeping themselves above reproach.
LOL, yeah that quote has come back to bite D-Baugh in the ass quite ferociously!
Not that that guy deserves any slack - but Aldons situation is not really in db's control. Entirely off field.