Arizona defense is no joke.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
2nd against the run. Grabbing interceptions like crazy.

Forget the 58-0 quit fest. They are going to be hard to beat.

pehawk

Reaction score
Word. Hasn't some douchebag been telling people they'll be a tougher out than the Rams since the offseason? That they could win 7-9 games?

He sounds smart.

I expected that from their defense. What still scares me is the offense. Yeah, it aint great, but Carson Palmer got 4,000 yards with the worst WR Corp I've ever seen last year, dude can still chuck it. Plus, they've played a (curse) of a schedule so far.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Anyone who pays attention knows Arizona has a great d, it's the o I'm still not sold on. If they had a Qb who wasn't the NFL version of Derrik Anderson, during his time at OS, they would be a playoff team.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The short week is really going to harm Seattle, as well. If Seattle loses against AZ, which seems likely to me right now, this board is going to go into full meltdown mode. However, the Cards should also be fairly banged up after the 49ers game so that will go towards our favor. I'm not sure who I'd prefer to win that matchup. Seems like you can make a case that either option will give AZ something to play for against our team.

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh jeez, Duck boy just COULDN'T resist taking a shot at a poor, poor Beavo. We get it!

Carson will still put up large yards and INT's. I didn't want Palmer going there, at all.

And their defense wasn't that much of a gimme. They made a questionable fire and hire there.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised at the Arizona D playing as well as it has. I thought the Ray Horton-to-Todd Bowles drop off would have more of an impact.

Or maybe we can just chalk it up to another year of Arizona peaking in late September/early October and expect them to look like garbage from here on out.

pehawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2rgs7yvu said:
I'm honestly surprised at the Arizona D playing as well as it has. I thought the Ray Horton-to-Todd Bowles drop off would have more of an impact.

Or maybe we can just chalk it up to another year of Arizona peaking in late September/early October and expect them to look like garbage from here on out.

I don't think so, mang. They've kind of played a tough schedule...even that Rams loss came when the Rams still hadn't remembered they we're the Rams yet.

IMO, they're in it for a bit. They'll grind out up to 6 more wins.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Cardinals have no running game, nor do the Rams. That plays right into Pete's hand.

I think the loss to the Colts came at the perfect time, 3rd downs on both side of the ball need adjustments and this opened our eyes.

I see a lot of Beast Mode, games will be closer than comfort, but hopefully the run game lets us wear down their D and Rusty can take over in the fourth quarter.

Cards suck. Rams really suck.

pehawk

Reaction score
I get giddy when Strap adds insight AND gives us his tagline. I'm simple that way; Strap is to pe what Doh is Scotte and Roland is to nobody.

Everything you said is correct, but as we saw, sometimes the Hawks staff likes to make it harder than it should be.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It's not a shot at Anderson, he would throw for 400 yds and 4 int.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pehawk":v2j9t2jg said:
Word. Hasn't some douchebag been telling people they'll be a tougher out than the Rams since the offseason? That they could win 7-9 games?

He sounds smart.

Thank you. I've pimped Arizona several times during the offseason, particularly their defense.

Oh, wait a second. You were talking about yourself. I love that you stay so humble, Pe!

13thMan

Reaction score
If there was ever a prime spot to travel to AZ on a Thursday night, it's right after they play the 49ers IMO... Here's hoping we get a tired/bruised Cardinals on a short week next week....

volsunghawk

Reaction score
13thMan":o8qrq2vk said:
If there was ever a prime spot to travel to AZ on a Thursday night, it's right after they play the 49ers IMO... Here's hoping we get a tired/bruised Cardinals on a short week next week....

Plus, they have to travel the week before, so that should even things up a bit more, too.

ivotuk

Reaction score
pehawk":gkjwhx34 said:
I get giddy when Strap adds insight AND gives us his tagline. I'm simple that way; Strap is to pe what Doh is Scotte and Roland is to nobody.

Everything you said is correct, but as we saw, sometimes the Hawks staff likes to make it harder than it should be.

We've been found out Roland! I don't know how Pe knew what you were to the Net Nobody but the game's up!

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2z7pj2bf said:
pehawk":2z7pj2bf said:

He sounds smart.

Thank you. I've pimped Arizona several times during the offseason, particularly their defense.

Oh, wait a second. You were talking about yourself. I love that you stay so humble, Pe!
OK. that was funny.

Note to Pe: Yes, I worship at the alter of DohBoy. Yes, I know he was Ryan Leaf's fluffer, but he is nails on the photoshops and is the king of smack.

On arizona. I was wrong, wrong, wrong about hunny Badger. I should be kicked in the dick, I was so wrong. A small part of me want him to get caught with some green Mojave so I get to feel right again. Is that evil?

pehawk

Reaction score
We all worship Dohboy. And, if you don't want to be wrong listen to me Scotte, that simple.

Yes, I'm the opposite of humble. But until everyone else begins posting anonymously, no one has room to talk.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1bwautzr said:
On arizona. I was wrong, wrong, wrong about hunny Badger. I should be kicked in the dick, I was so wrong. A small part of me want him to get caught with some green Mojave so I get to feel right again. Is that evil?

I'm not totally surprised by what Honey Badger has done, but my opinion hasn't really changed much. He's one of those undersized playmaker types that (ironically) Tim Ruskell loved drafting in the 2nd round- who always started fast but declined by year four, sometimes sooner.

I am starting to think that he just has a "talent" for being in the right place at the right time so much, both in college and the pros. Either that, or he made a deal with the devil down in the Louisiana bayou.

davidonmi

Reaction score
the @ARIZONA game will be the toughest game until @SF. I'm gonna predict the hawks to win but it's a scary game.