LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)

pehawk

Reaction score
Did you really "Lol"? Like for real?

Now that he's in rehab, I'm pulling for him. Its a "there but for the grace of god" thing.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If smiling in real life counts, then yes. If you want that kind of firepower, get the proper permits. Why should I not be amused by this?

AvengerRam

Reaction score
pehawk":2z6pbiym said:

Now that he's in rehab, I'm pulling for him. Its a "there but for the grace of god" thing.

I didn't know they had gun rehab.

Weadoption

Reaction score
not sure why he needs the assualt weapons for protection its not like he plays QB for Houston.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.

pehawk

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2lg4fma7 said:
pehawk":2lg4fma7 said:

Meh, not into guns. But, in my crack and harder days, I packed a few times. Exactly two. One time I went back to find a guy, with my gun, and I probably would've shot the dude had he still been at the bar. Also, the people I've met who own guns, 9 times out of 10, use it to compensate for masculinity. And, when I've seen them drawn, it's been by frightened types who cant defend themselves in a fight.

That's in my experience and certainly not universal.

So, that's why I'm empathetic here.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I guess Aldon Smith has a lot to compensate for if he's drawing this thing out of his pants to point at people: (It's the specific model he supposedly had.)

Armalite AR 10T Rifle

pehawk

Reaction score
WTH? Really? That's what he used?

Yeah, I agree iRo, dude has some issues. Illegal to boot. Wow.

Largent80

Reaction score
If his pants were big enough to pull that thing out he must have been hangin with MC Hammer.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
pehawk":1tbfe29d said:
AvengerRam":1tbfe29d said:
pehawk":1tbfe29d said:

Meh, not into guns. But, in my crack and harder days, I packed a few times. Exactly two. One time I went back to find a guy, with my gun, and I probably would've shot the dude had he still been at the bar. Also, the people I've met who own guns, 9 times out of 10, use it to compensate for masculinity. And, when I've seen them drawn, it's been by frightened types who cant defend themselves in a fight.

That's in my experience and certainly not universal.

So, that's why I'm empathetic here.

I shot a .22 rifle at a range at Summer camp once.

Haven't touched a gun since.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Non of the weapons listed in the original article posted was a .50 cal.

Was something written about Smith possessing a .50 cal rifle?

Edit: ok never mind.

pehawk

Reaction score
A SNIPER RIFLE? Really? Really? Does this asshole think he's in Call of Duty? I mean, we all think sniper levels are great (snipers in multi-player mode are punks, however), but c'mon man?

I personally detest guns, will never own them or have them around my family, etc. Just hate them. I don't scale that belief on other's behalf though, be legal and we're cool. BUT, illegal guns PISS me off.

Yeah, hope dude goes away for awhile, now. He just drinks, great but so do frat girls. At least I was a man and slammed brown and smoked rock when I was nutty. It wasn't from grape jolly-ranchers soaked in Grey Goose.

Roger needs to step up.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pmedic920":2lo54buv said:
Non of the weapons listed in the original article posted was a .50 cal.

Was something written about Smith possessing a .50 cal rifle?
I saw it in a couple of different Tweets while on lunch, but it looks like the .50 caliber thing is wrong.

Either way, buying weaponry which is illegal for you to buy because you're a California resident and also illegal to bring into the state of California, per the article, while you're playing an away game against the Cardinals...Man, how stupid do you have to be?

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, and who doesn't realize the laws MAY be slightly different in that nutty state of Arizona? They allow you to wear a rifle during a presidential address, for krists sake, it's like GTA in Arizona.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Also, another key point that most aren't paying attention to:

"It is unclear why it took more than a year for deputies to turn the case over to prosecutors in July following last summer's party at Smith's rented 8,000-square-foot-house in the foothills near San Jose."

When do we discuss how much the cops in the Bay area cover up for celebrities?

rlkats

Reaction score
Is the weapon needed NO. I enjoy having weapons for hunting and target shooting but that's it. But I also have the ability to remove my self intelligently on when to use or not to use. I am Not one to laugh at others dumb decisions being made in everyday life. fact of the matter Roland would have found it amusing (your terms) if this was some dumb ass on the streets instead of a Niners player? Or would you find it appalling LIKE I DO. Laugh at it no. be disgusted with it YES. This kid has more opportunity than most kids in today's society and he is quickly screwing it up. He deserves swift and strict punishment.hopefully it is not pushed under a rug,