David Shaw blasts Sark

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Always love some good coach vs coach drama.

@DavidMLombardi: David Shaw BLASTING Sarkisian. Says when UW beat Stanford, Cardinal did not make excuses and blame officials like Wash

"And I don't care what Steve Sarkisian thinks that he saw. We've never done it. We didn't do it against Oregon. So why in the world would we do it against Washington?"

"I believe it's unprofessional to call out an assistant coach by name on another team in the media. The only defensive line coach that I know of that has ever instructed players to fake injuries works at Washington, not Stanford," Shaw said. "That's not calling anybody out. That's just stating a fact. It's proven. It's been admitted."

Here's the audio, its pretty good:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9793052

My two cents: I thought it was pretty obvious that Gardner was faking his injury. I wasn't sure about Skov. I also think it was beyond obvious that the last pass hit the ground and was incomplete. I did think that Sark came across as a sniveling little whiner with some of his post game comments. Also, I believe that Stanford actually has faked injuries against Oregon before, but it was when harbaugh was their coach, not Shaw.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Harbaugh vs. Pete and Shaw vs. Sark.

I agree Sark should have saved his commentary for behind closed doors, but who the hell is David Shaw to suggest someone else may be less than graceful? I can't stand Shaw. Hate would be appropriate and the same goes for his ex Stanford girlfriend, Harbaugh.

How could any Stanford coach call another team's coach a whiner? Stanford is home to the KINGS of whiners: Bill Walsh and Jim-bob Harbaugh...and now Shaw is whining about Sark whining.

I'll bet you this, had Idaho state played Shaw's team, Kramer (?) wouldn't have been calling Stanford a class act and thanking them for keeping the score down.

Further...what did Shaw want, heartfelt congratulations? His team was outplayed by the Dawgs. And the majority of those watching felt UW did get hosed. At the conclusion of the game...did Shaw congratulate UW on a hard fought game? Hell no. He said "well, they have a great QB, Keith Price is a guy I like". What was funny was right before that statement, Price and Shaw were hanging together for a period longer than your typical "good game coach" handshake. I assume Price was kind to the asshole so Shaw returned the favor.

The better team lost Sat night, that's all Shaw needs to know.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm hoping to see one of the Ducks fake injury after the very first play, then get up and sprint off the field. Just for the giggle factor.

pehawk

Reaction score
Wow, Jsea's in full giddy and limpy-blimpy mode.

drrew

Reaction score
Shaw is lying, and quite frankly, that gives anything else he says zero credibility.

Gardner clearly faked it. Chase Thomas clearly faked it against Oregon a couple years ago.

I don't have a problem with Sarkisian calling out Shaw, more coaches need to call each other out for their BS.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Gardner AND Skov were unquestionably faking their injuries. Anybody with half a brain could have seen that. Any and all bias aside.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Sark is playing a game here, bring it to the refs attention.

I like the honesty on both sides.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":hfyfliqk said:
I'm hoping to see one of the Ducks fake injury after the very first play, then get up and sprint off the field. Just for the giggle factor.

I think this whole faking thing has to stop, Jsea.

How will the fans in Eugene know if the injuries they're applauding are real or faked?

; )

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The Outfield":10lndnr3 said:
Gardner AND Skov were unquestionably faking their injuries. Anybody with half a brain could have seen that. Any and all bias aside.

Skov was ridiculous. Rolling around holding his knee then limps to the sideline and just stands there? If your knee is hurt you're either on the bench getting it looked at or trying to walk it off. Then he goes in a play later. Lol

CPHawk

Reaction score
drrew":3jqwauh9 said:
Shaw is lying, and quite frankly, that gives anything else he says zero credibility.

Gardner clearly faked it. Chase Thomas clearly faked it against Oregon a couple years ago.

I don't have a problem with Sarkisian calling out Shaw, more coaches need to call each other out for their BS.

So is Shaw responsible for every douche bag move Harbaugh makes? Of course Stanford faked injuries in 2010, look who the coach was.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I wish the NCAA (and the NFL, now) would institute delay of game penalties for injury faking. If your player comes in a play later - instant 5 yard penalty and automatic first down added.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":eknjta3s said:
I wish the NCAA (and the NFL, now) would institute delay of game penalties for injury faking. If your player comes in a play later - instant 5 yard penalty and automatic first down added.

Someone brought up a good idea...if you're injured on the field and cause a stoppage in play, you need to sit out a quarter (15 full minutes) so you can't just fake an injury near the end of a quarter and come back in the next.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
-The Glove-":34cc5wd3 said:
Sarlacc83":34cc5wd3 said:

Someone brought up a good idea...if you're injured on the field and cause a stoppage in play, you need to sit out a quarter (15 full minutes) so you can't just fake an injury near the end of a quarter and come back in the next.

That's way too long, guys get legitly banged up all the time and return in a few plays. If they're going to set a time limit I'd say make them sit out the remainder of the drive.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1y6ge4o1 said:
-The Glove-":1y6ge4o1 said:
Sarlacc83":1y6ge4o1 said:

That's way too long, guys get legitly banged up all the time and return in a few plays. If they're going to set a time limit I'd say make them sit out the remainder of the drive.

Maybe. But they should do something to get the ball rolling on that.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
-The Glove-":jxn69gbc said:
JSeahawks":jxn69gbc said:
-The Glove-":jxn69gbc said:
Sarlacc83":jxn69gbc said:

Maybe. But they should do something to get the ball rolling on that.

That's why I think the delay of game penalty would work pretty well. It's pretty easy to see who's faking it after the fact.

CPHawk

Reaction score
That idea won't stop cheaters like Tosh, they will just put in backups who don't play much to fake an injury.

drrew

Reaction score
CPHawk":3c7k9kjd said:
drrew":3c7k9kjd said:

So is Shaw responsible for every douche bag move Harbaugh makes? Of course Stanford faked injuries in 2010, look who the coach was.

When Shaw says that "We don’t fake injuries. We never have and we never will." than you're damn right that he holds some responsibility for what was happening when he was on the coaching staff. Don't say something never happened when there is video proof that it did unless you're prepared to be called out as a liar.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The best part is when he said, we didn't fake injuries vs Oregon, why would we do it vs UW. That about sums up how he feels about UW.

cesame

Reaction score
I like that.

"We didn't fake injuries vs Oregon"

"So why would we fake injuries against the JV version of Oregon?"

HawkWow

Reaction score
CPHawk":1u6vgkwy said:
The best part is when he said, we didn't fake injuries vs Oregon, why would we do it vs UW. That about sums up how he feels about UW.

That's how classless the tool is. Regardless of his feelings about U-Dub, or any program, you don't throw something out like that. Aside from his boyfriend Harbaugh, how many coaches do you hear speak like that...and do so while lying through their teeth?

What's with these Stanford coaches? I'd sure love to chat with Denny Green. I'dlike to hear more about his exit...his "promotion" to NFL coach. Unless I'm mistaken, and I don't believe I am, Wasn't it Douchebag Walsh that helped Green become the "first black NFL HC" (so that he could return to HC duties at "The Farm"). I've heard Green speak casually about this matter, and in that particular interview, he didn't appear overly grateful about the way the whole thing actually went down.

It's no wonder so many aspiring attorneys flock to Stanford. They don't just teach lying...they coach it, too.