Trade for Tony Gonzalez

Seahawkx

Reaction score
SonicHawk":118hk1dt said:
Yeah, let's trade for a 90 year old TE.

Even if this guy turns 100, he will still dominate. He is a beast and all RW has to do is throw is towards him and let TG take care of the rest.

Although it wont happen, but imagining the middle of the field being used will be awesome. Its been ages i think that we have gotten a pass completion in the middle.

lukerguy

Reaction score
umm.. Julio Jones is most likely out for the year... perhaps they may consider it as a "throw in the towel" move.

Hawks46

Reaction score
DavidSeven":xz9zh88i said:
The Falcons have a franchise QB. They aren't about to enter tank-mode. Those fans are being dumb.

I don't know about being dumb. I get that the Atlanta FO can't publicly give up on the season, but they're at the bottom of the division, looking up at the undefeated Saints. They are already 4 games back in a 5 game season and they lost their one h2h matchup with the Saints already. That's about as insurmountable lead as you can have at this point.

And that Saints team.....if they beat NE easily this week, I'll have my doubts that we can catch them in the NFC for #1 seed.

pehawk

Reaction score
This aint too terribly crazy. A tad premature, but not that crazy. If the Falcons record worsens before the week 8 deadline (I think that's it), the "do right" move would be trading him.

hawker84

Reaction score
I'd take him in a heartbeat , willson is still developing and Miller can't stay healthy this season, heck ya, even at age 90 he's still the best in the game, and could play 3,4 more years if he really wanted to.

Hendo66

Reaction score
JT the brick & Looney were talking about this last night. But they were wondering if Gonzo would come back for another SB or bust season and pegged Seattle as the best fit. Interesting.

cacksman

Reaction score
Came in here to post the same thing. Now that Julio is most likely out for the year, it seems this has a better shot of happening. Doing so would be conceding the season at 4-1 and I do not see that happening.

I'd give up a 4th or 5th for him right now though.

drdiags

Reaction score

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
In a heartbeat,

I would give Atlanta,

Sidney Rice, Kellen Davis, and Robert Turbin for Tony Gonzalez.

With Turbin gone I would then re-sign Michael Robinso and the team can either move Coleman or Ware to 2nd RB behind Lynch if Michael isn't ready.

Luke Willson can learn behind two of the best TEs in the nfl and can get some snaps at WR ala stephen williams

HawkWow

Reaction score
drdiags":1obc863g said:
According to Gonzo, he doesn't want anything to do with a trade out of ATL

Not so fast, says Gonzalez. The tight end told Jay Glazer of FOX Sports Tuesday that he absolutely does not want to be traded.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 25m
Tony Gonzalez wants no part of trade out of Atlanta http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... witter_atl

Makes sense. At this point, he probably just wants to finish out the regular season schedule. DAMN the superbowl! Next stop Canton!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1y4o2141 said:
In a heartbeat,

I would give Atlanta,

Sidney Rice, Kellen Davis, and Robert Turbin for Tony Gonzalez.

With Turbin gone I would then re-sign Michael Robinso and the team can either move Coleman or Ware to 2nd RB behind Lynch if Michael isn't ready.

Luke Willson can learn behind two of the best TEs in the nfl and can get some snaps at WR ala stephen williams

We need to keep Rice through 2013, but I'd offer them Turbin and throw Davis in free. Turbin is not looking great behind this patchwork O-line, but he's not getting many reps to find his zone, either. I believe the Turbin we saw last year was a lesser version of the Turbin we have now (he's somewhat proven and experienced now). He should be worth what we gave for him in the draft...no less, IMO. I also think he'd do well with Atlanta.

Anyway, I sincerely doubt Gonzo will leave Atl. He has no assurance any particular team will definitely make the SB. And he can't very well come out and ask to be traded. He would be considered a trader. ; ) Perhaps running the risk of diminishing his legacy, IMO.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Actually, forget this trade... lets send the Browns QB Tarvaris Jackson, WR Sidney Rice, RB Robert Turbin, + Oakland's 5th Round Pick for WR Josh Gordon.

Jackson would be a major upgrade over Weeden.

Rice and Turbin would be serviceable, one or both could be stars. Rice would restructure for 2014 and beyond as part of the deal.

Seahawks can then re-sign FB Michael Robinson to replace Turbin's spot, and move Spencer Ware to 2nd/3rd RB when he's healthy.

Seahawks get a killer WR corps with Gordon, Tate, Harvin, Baldwin, and Kearse for 2013.

Seahawks can re-sign Tate, and tender RFA Baldwin with the highest designation , then later trade Baldwin for a 3rd Round pick to the Colts.

Gordon, Tate, Harvin plus Kearse would still kick so much ass and be relatively cheaper over trying to keep Rice, Tate, and Baldwin together which they won't.

Its also funny the Browns are trying to pull a Colts for a top pick but their team is refusing to lay down, now they're ahead of the pack in the AFC north, just better roll with the punches and give the fans something to root for its been a long time since the Browns could compete for the Division.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":11iixxc9 said:
Actually, forget this trade... lets send the Browns QB Tarvaris Jackson, WR Sidney Rice, RB Robert Turbin, + Oakland's 5th Round Pick for WR Josh Gordon.

Rice and Turbin would be serviceable, one or both could be stars. Rice would restructure for 2014 and beyond as part of the deal.

Seahawks can then re-sign FB Michael Robinson to replace Turbin's spot, and move Spencer Ware to 2nd/3rd RB when he's healthy.

Seahawks get a killer WR corps with Gordon, Tate, Harvin, Baldwin, and Kearse for 2013.

Seahawks can re-sign Tate, and tender RFA Baldwin with the highest designation , then later trade Baldwin for a 3rd Round pick to the Colts.

Gordon, Tate, Harvin plus Kearse would still kick so much ass and be relatively cheaper over trying to keep Rice, Tate, and Baldwin together which they won't.

Its also funny the Browns are trying to pull a Colts for a top pick but their team is refusing to lay down, now they're ahead of the pack in the AFC north, just better roll with the punches and give the fans something to root for its been a long time since the Browns could compete for the Division.
If you wanna make a trade with the Browns, go after Joe Thomas instead. We need o-linemen worse that WRs.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1wx7d03s said:

This isn't the NBA, what in NFL history makes you think that is even remotely possible?