Jets at Falcons

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":u392vdcd said:
Maybe. More likely, Geno is kind of a wench. (Radish lets me say wench instead of...)

Now it all makes sense. I had no idea why you used that term. I just figured you were either terribly sexist or hated women. :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
So my question is...are the Jets actually a threat? Or Atlanta that pathetic? I expected 11-5 but no way they go 10-1 here on out. They're far more banged up than us.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2b7yoltw said:
So my question is...are the Jets actually a threat? Or Atlanta that pathetic? I expected 11-5 but no way they go 10-1 here on out. They're far more banged up than us.

The Falcons look like the 2006 Seahawks without the Super Bowl loss the year before. No running identity and no toughness. I'm already chalking up the 10AM game as a win for Seattle. Which would make them 3-1 in 10AM starts this year. :)

pehawk

Reaction score
Jets are pretty good. They had a biblical string of injuries last year. If the same number of injuries occurred to our Seahawks we'd have a memorial, on par with the holocaust one, so we could all "solemnly reflect on the lost season". They had 1990's Seahawks type injuries (ie everyone rushing for IR).

Geno matches that squad perfectly. If you have a defense that good, you can afford to have a big-armed AND somewhat elementary QB play. The Bears did that in 2007, same thing. The only difference is Scotte LOVED Rex but gets creeped out by Geno's "on the DL androgynous" gimmick. I find it arousing, but that's neither here nor there.

Can I just add I love NFL talk in the NFL forum?

XOXO

Ken O'Brien

drdiags

Reaction score
Rex Ryan's defense is pretty nice. Did not see them winning in ATL but the Falcons need a running game bad. I figured Jackson would have some dings since he would get dinged up in St Louis but I didn't see him getting sidelined in the 1st quarter of the 1st game. Rodgers did fine on the outside runs but the Jets knew the Falcons couldn't punch it in up the gut.

Not sure whether Rex survives or not with Idzik, but he is making a case for the Jets extending him if things remain the same. The game was very entertaining. Great 1-hand catch by Julio.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought Ron Winters might be calling that game when I saw Julio get called for PI. That was bullshit. As was the mugging DRC got away with all night. I don't mind a lot of hand check, but DRC was grabbing a fistful of jersey all night and getting away with it.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2ablnovc said:
I thought Ron Winters might be calling that game when I saw Julio get called for PI. That was bullshit. As was the mugging DRC got away with all night. I don't mind a lot of hand check, but DRC was grabbing a fistful of jersey all night and getting away with it.

I've been thinking of creating a thread about this. Give me four hours to devise sentence structure.