Russell Wilson v. Andrew Luck

TriCHawk

Reaction score
If we didn't have Wilson, I'd take Luck in a heartbeat, no doubt. Who wouldn't? He'll be great for years to come. That said, I'll keep Wilson, you keep Luck. It's apples and oranges in my mind. I like what we have in Wilson for our offense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1sz6taun said:
I still don't see why you think I am irrational if I don't want Luck over Wilson. Or am I misunderstanding? Literally, no part of me wants Luck over Wilson. None. Zero. Nada. Does that mean I think Wilson is better or that I hate Luck? I don't think so. I am happy with our QB, and it has to do with more than QB play on the field. I think Luck leaves Indy at some point in his career. Maybe Wilson leaves eventually too, but I think we have a better chance of having RW forever than Indy has of keeping Luck forever. I have no evidence to back that claim, mind you, none. I'm just happy with our guy. Call me crazy.

You are crazy.

If you polled every GM and coach in the league (other than Seattle's), they'd take Luck over Wilson........and you would too if you removed your allegiance to the Hawks.

I love Russell, he's a top 10 QB in this league and a fantastic teammate, role model and community leader. But Luck is an every 25 year type of QB. IMO he's that special.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
Reggie Wayne has said luck is one of the most intense players he's ever played with and like you know he's played with peyton manning lol says he is never happy with his game even in games where he does amazing always striving to be better which im sure Wilson does as well but to say luck doesn't have the drive to be better is nonsense sorry

lobohawk

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":1mu0rkkj said:
Reggie Wayne has said luck is one of the most intense players he's ever played with and like you know he's played with peyton manning lol says he is never happy with his game even in games where he does amazing always striving to be better which im sure Wilson does as well but to say luck doesn't have the drive to be better is nonsense sorry

Don't think anyone is saying he doesn't have the drive to be better. Just things my be a bit relative when compared to someone who always had to compete regardless of how well they performed (always doubted).

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
They are both fantastic players that I am pretty sure any team would be GLAD to have on their team lets leave it at that.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3m5xwtt2 said:
KARAVARUS":3m5xwtt2 said:
I still don't see why you think I am irrational if I don't want Luck over Wilson. Or am I misunderstanding? Literally, no part of me wants Luck over Wilson. None. Zero. Nada. Does that mean I think Wilson is better or that I hate Luck? I don't think so. I am happy with our QB, and it has to do with more than QB play on the field. I think Luck leaves Indy at some point in his career. Maybe Wilson leaves eventually too, but I think we have a better chance of having RW forever than Indy has of keeping Luck forever. I have no evidence to back that claim, mind you, none. I'm just happy with our guy. Call me crazy.

You are crazy.

If you polled every GM and coach in the league (other than Seattle's), they'd take Luck over Wilson........and you would too if you removed your allegiance to the Hawks.

I love Russell, he's a top 10 QB in this league and a fantastic teammate, role model and community leader. But Luck is an every 25 year type of QB. IMO he's that special.

So be it. I full on admitted it goes beyond QB play for me. I like the guy as a person and a good sam. It just so happens, I think he will get his Super Bowls more frequently, and before Luck. I am no GM and to be honest with you; Wilson is a player I would love regardless of the team he was on. Unlike a Richard Sherman, whom I would absolutely hate if he was on any other team. Keep your every 25 year player and I'll roll the dice that we have a once in a lifetime player. Maybe not, but the jury is still out.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":16my4fbd said:

I love how you say "sorry" after everything that is said. You are taking things too literally here. No one imagines that Luck doesn't do everything he can to improve. The truth is, you really don't even need to defend him. Nearly everyone on the planet is gushing over him. I think he's good, but don't feel others should be offended that not EVERYONE would bend over their own grandma to have him on their team. I might be in the minority, but that's the way it is. I'm okay with it.

TJH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1oovg5nu said:
KARAVARUS":1oovg5nu said:

You are crazy.

If you polled every GM and coach in the league (other than Seattle's), they'd take Luck over Wilson........

And candidly, our GM would take Luck in a heartbeat. That won't be a popular statement but it's the truth.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Dude, you're ridiculous. I never said for a moment that ours wouldn't. Why does that mean that I have to? I'm not a GM--I like our guy better. End of story. Seriously, you're just trollnig at this point, and congrats. you got me. Twist it up my good man.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
If you read my one post it says of course you like your qb more than luck its natural but to say you wouldn't take luck is just not reasonable sorry

Cfuji

Reaction score
If Colts fans want to be honest, they would rather have Peyton Manning over Luck.
I want to win NOW, have fun watching your former QB in the Superbowl.

NINEster

Reaction score
I'll be one of the first Niner fans to admit if we had Luck as QB last year, we probably win the super bowl for sure.

But the one thing that needs to be tempered in this whole debate about QBs is that Luck was #1 overall who was only going to go to a s*** team, whereas Wilson could have been drafted by anybody.

As long as Wilson (and Kaepernick/Griffin too) progress to where they need to, none of this really matters. You need a certain minimum of QB talent to win championships in this league, and then you try and finesse the rest of your roster.

The so-called best of the best QBs with the exception of Brady are all one time champs (Brees, Rodgers, Peyton). The two timers of Eli & Ben have had great defenses and running games. And with regards to Brady, he hasn't won a super bowl since becoming truly an elite QB because his team is lacking the star defensive power.

All of these QBs will eventually be hands down superior to Flacco if they aren't already. That's all that matters.

cesame

Reaction score
The only real advantage I see Luck having over Wilson is he's taller. After that I don't really see him being better in any one area.

The country will always naturally take Luck over Wilson because of the height issue. It's that simple. When you put that to the side though you realize they're basically the same player, with neither having a clear advantage over the other in any area.

And after watching Wilson dominate on the road in the playoffs last year I'll ride with Wilson all day long over Luck and not question it one bit. He's that damn good.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
All else being equal, we'd love to still have Manning right now. He comes back to Indy in 2 weeks. Tune in and see how much love we show him. The guy put INDY Colts football on the map. He will never be forgotten and practically everyone in Indy has adopted Denver as their #2 team. If we can't win it, and I don't think our roster is quite built to that level yet, then we'll enjoy watching Denver win the Lombardi.

That said, if we had Manning right now we'd still be in salary cap hell and wouldn't have been able to rebuild the rest of the team that was falling apart around him. Also, I think we'll be happy to have Luck for, hopefully, about 8-10 years after Manning retires. It was a tough decision that had to be made but I don't think you'll find anyone in Indy that thinks it was the wrong one.

NINEster

Reaction score
Cfuji":1gcxcd8j said:
If Colts fans want to be honest, they would rather have Peyton Manning over Luck.
I want to win NOW, have fun watching your former QB in the Superbowl.

Don't know about that.

Look, dude has maybe two years left. He has to get it done at least once for this to have merit.

We've all seen the January Peyton, and it hasn't been pretty. It's perhaps convenient to say this is the best team he's ever had, but I can recall some pretty sick Colts' teams that got knocked out easily.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
I am absolutely happy with luck and us dropping peyton. It was what our team needed and just at the right time. If it were any other year we would have been screwed and I thank peyton for that :)

NINEster

Reaction score
LotsOfLuck":3tnm17hz said:
All else being equal, we'd love to still have Manning right now. He comes back to Indy in 2 weeks. Tune in and see how much love we show him. The guy put INDY Colts football on the map. He will never be forgotten and practically everyone in Indy has adopted Denver as their #2 team. If we can't win it, and I don't think our roster is quite built to that level yet, then we'll enjoy watching Denver win the Lombardi.

That said, if we had Manning right now we'd still be in salary cap hell and wouldn't have been able to rebuild the rest of the team that was falling apart around him. Also, I think we'll be happy to have Luck for, hopefully, about 8-10 years after Manning retires. It was a tough decision that had to be made but I don't think you'll find anyone in Indy that thinks it was the wrong one.

You know, I try not to be a hater and all but man what an incredible stroke of luck your team had to only have one season without a real QB since 1998!

Think about it, Peyton's neck injury couldn't have come at a better time. Without it, there's no Luck in Indy. The chances of picking up a Wilson or Kaepernick as a long term replacement are there but no guarantee.

Totally unprecedented in NFL history. And if you want to mention Joe Montana/Steve Young, well yes...that was a seamless transition in terms of putting a player in the position, but Steve was already on the roster via trade and a QB controversy created problems for the team forcing them to miss the playoffs in '91 and trading Charles Haley to the Cowboys after the season because of his distaste of Montana being traded to KC.

You also have the Favre/Rodgers transition. That one was pretty divided. Ultimately worked out for the Packers, but could have very easily not have.

In Indy, absolutely no friction. Just one terrible season....something any team in the NFL could stomach if it meant a true franchise QB.

Such a lucky franchise.