Does anyone really believe we stand a chance against Denver?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Unless there is some terrible winter weather for that game, which there very well may be, no I do not not think we'd have much of a chance. Our offense cannot score points to hang with a team like that, and clearly our D is not impenetrable. As of now they would smoke us.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Of course. We played a 10 AM game against a really good team and had quite a few breaks go against us and still almost pulled the game out. We still have a great team. The Colts have great players too and they got it done in the end.

mikeak

Reaction score
So best team since a team that lost the Super Bowl game is what you are saying? Then you ask if we would have a chance? I am ok with 1) being in a Super Bowl and there 2) have the same chance that Giants had in their game.

I am fine extending a drive with Tate making an unreal catch on 4th down and I am ok with being the underdog who wins and everybody talking about how the opponent should have won

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1sv29tic said:
Tech Worlds":1sv29tic said:
We play the way we played the pass today and they will put a 50 burger up on us.
Wow, did that tax your brain much by stating the obvious? As for the question asked? Sure, given we should have Percy and our actual OL playing, and Clemons and Irvin full go.

No sir, it did not.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Erebus":jvveipmu said:
I do. Dallas showed that their defense isn't good. As of right now, I think the Broncos would beat us on a neutral field. But we could be at full strength by the time the Super Bowl comes around. We improved a lot over the last half of last year. No reason to think we can't do the same again this year when we hit our stride.

I was inclined to agree, until I remember that their defense is missing it's two best players, one of whom is the elite of the elite, and the other is a good bet for the Hall of Fame. That said, I don't think Champ Bailey and Von Miller will make their defense suddenly on the level of Seattle's, but it WILL make it at least 5 or 6 spots in the rankings better. Remember, last year they were a top 5 defense. When they get healthy, I see them being at least a top 12 or so.

As long as this Broncos team gets and stays healthy and without suspensions, I think the OP has a point about how good they are. I've not seen an OFFENSE this good since then, and their special teams are better than the 07 Pats. If the defense gets to the level it was last year, I think there is a legitimate chance for a 13-0,14-0 start (and whatever happens next depending on their approach). This Broncos team will be great when all the pieces are together.

HOWEVER, where teams like Seattle might have a chance is in their physicality. If you guys can develop a more consistent offense, I can see you beating them. If not, neither you nor anyone else will unless Manning turns into his customary January Choke Artist-selt.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
LOL if I've learned one thing over the years, it's that Manning is a regular season warrior. Very rarely holds in the playoffs where teams literally play like they have nothing to lose. Their team concerns me, I could see them giving us problems, other then that, they looked unstoppable with their 10+ game winning streak last year, and lost to an up and down Ravens (and when they were played bad, they played like garbage) team that needed help to win their division and had nothing to lose. Not wetting my pants over the Wrongcos.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
We'd need to keep up on offense. At the moment I'm not sure we'd win many shoot-out style games.

hawker84

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ewtjxom said:
Today we were without our best WR, best TE, and we had 3 missing linemen, including our two best. Give me a break; once we get our guys back, we can beat anyone.

Problem with this theory is, it wasn't our offense that was struggling Sunday, it was our defense, primarily the passing defense. If Luck can carve us up like that, i shudder to think what Manning is going to do with those recievers and TE....

Browner and Thurmond had a very pedetrian day, Sherman didn't even have a particularly good day. They have got to pick it up especially playing these little speedy recievers like Hilton... I'm not saying we can't beat Denver, but we're going to have to play lights out of defense and score TD's not FG's...

hawker84

Reaction score
Code:
was inclined to agree, until I remember that their defense is missing it's two best players, one of whom is the elite of the elite, and the other is a good bet for the Hall of Fame. That said, I don't think Champ Bailey and Von Miller will make their defense suddenly on the level of Seattle's, but it WILL make it at least 5 or 6 spots in the rankings better. Remember, last year they were a top 5 defense. When they get healthy, I see them being at least a top 12 or so.

I'll agree on Von Miller, he's a beast, but champ bailey brings nothing to the table, he's well past his prime, and got torched repeatedly in last year in the playoff's by Baltimore. He's not elevating anyones defense...

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I just want to point out that Denver hasn't actually played anybody decent yet with the exception of the Ravens. And the Ravens are a far cry from last years Ravens.

Largent80

Reaction score
No, we might as well pill bug right now and just surrender.

If a crappy Dallas team can almost beat them, I am pretty sure we kick their asses.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Abach":2u4vlqvz said:
Let's just hypothetically say that the Hawks and Broncos meet in the Superbowl this season... Does anyone really think we won't get our asses torched against Manning? This is the best football team I've seen since the 17-1 Pats... Does anyone disagree with me?

I absolutely disagree.

Manning's great, but he's beatable. And if we meet him in a cold weather SB, that's huge in our favor.

But even if we met him in a dome, I am confident that Seattle will follow the trend it has in the last two seasons and become a better, more cohesive team in the latter part of the season, finishing strong. The Seahawks of December and January won't look the same as the Seahawks of September and October, especially on offense. I think Manning and his offense will get their yards and points, but they are susceptible. And our offense can definitely take advantage of their secondary. You said that Denver is the "best football team you've seen since the 17-1 Pats." I'd say they're the best OFFENSE we've seen since then, but that defense is nothing special.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Abach":1tsp50kq said:
Let's just hypothetically say that the Hawks and Broncos meet in the Superbowl this season... Does anyone really think we won't get our asses torched against Manning? This is the best football team I've seen since the 17-1 Pats... Does anyone disagree with me?
Yea their D gave up 48 points to Dallas. Peyton usually takes the gas pipe in the playoffs. The Super Bowl won't be one of Rog's 10am starts, as long as we get a fairly officiated game unlike today or XL*, then yes we can beat them.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
When Harvin gets back and fully acclimated in the offense along with Okung then we'll be looking pretty unstoppable ourselves. I think Seattle has the D to go toe to toe with anyone, Colts game not withstanding (A lot of things needed to go wrong for us and right for them to lose), and a game at home before heading back out on the road is just what the doctor ordered.

I am concerned with Rice though, hasn't been a factor much at all so far, not like the beginning of last season. Hope the addition of Miller and a bit more trust in Willson will open up more favorable matchups for Rice. Maybe Rice needs to be more involved in the game plan early, stick him in the slot for a few plays or run a couple WR screens, just get that synchronicity with Wilson going a bit more even if you have to force it a bit.

sc85sis

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3togge7m said:
RolandDeschain":3togge7m said:
Tech Worlds":3togge7m said:
We play the way we played the pass today and they will put a 50 burger up on us.

I'm assuming Quinn will learn from this. We can kiss the season goodbye if he doesn't, though.

Quinn's a DL guy. As much as everyone bagged on Gus, I think he has a better handle on pass defense, and defense as a whole. Some of Bradley's stuff was frustratingly soft, but we weren't getting burned for 70yd TDs either. That's the price of being overly agressive at times. I saw this coming and hoped I was wrong. Hopefully Pete yanks on Quinn's reins a bit.
Can't really blame Quinn for a coverage error and whiffed tackle. That TD's on the players.

Browner struggled against the speedier WR. That's a situation where maybe we should change up assignments.

Latest posts