Eric Wood believes hit on Manuel was intended to injure him

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Carmon1274":3mjamfqz said:
@ The Glove I already said that RW is better getting out of the pocket and buying time. But Kap is faster running for a TD in the endzone.

And I agreed...he's slightly faster going forward

HawkWow

Reaction score
Carmon1274":1i6f578z said:
HawkWow":1i6f578z said:
Engaged in a similar argument with a 9er bud, I went back and looked at a bunch of film on Kaep. My bro was correct. I was amazed at how infrequently Kaep actually gets hit. Disappointed, as well.

He is not the cerebral scrambler RW is, but his longer legs allows him to cover much more ground, obviously in a shorter space of time. BUT...those same long legs make him much more vulnerable. Just because he's been the Floyd Mayweather of QBs (thus far), doesn't mean that trend will last forever. Especially with desperation already setting in. ; )

Kap is faster than most LBs/DE's.

Thats why he ran for almost 200 yards in Playoffs against the Packers. But I believe the Packers realize that he runs by the left and right sideline, so in the first 49ers game he only rushed for 30 yards. And thats where Boldin and VD beat the Pack.

I think you need a S with a 4.2 or 4.3 that can chase after him.

But that was against the Pack. Not knocking the Packers, they are a real good team, but like we have yours, your 9ers have the Packers number. Other than GB and Atl, you've really not beat anyone else of note in quite some time. And I am one that believes the reason is in your own words, if Kaep isn't rushing for huge yards, you guys are going to have difficulty beating good defenses with him @ QB. This weekend will be the best team you've faced this year not named Seattle. Huge test for your team (as you know).

BTW, if I were Eric Wood, I'd change my first name to Epic. Why not?

HansGruber

Reaction score
Carmon1274":1v33nntj said:
HawkWow":1v33nntj said:
Engaged in a similar argument with a 9er bud, I went back and looked at a bunch of film on Kaep. My bro was correct. I was amazed at how infrequently Kaep actually gets hit. Disappointed, as well.

He is not the cerebral scrambler RW is, but his longer legs allows him to cover much more ground, obviously in a shorter space of time. BUT...those same long legs make him much more vulnerable. Just because he's been the Floyd Mayweather of QBs (thus far), doesn't mean that trend will last forever. Especially with desperation already setting in. ; )

Or Seattle's defense. They do pretty good against him.

Brahn

Reaction score
Wilson is a Scrambler (Steve Young,Tarkenton)

Kaep is a Runner (Vick)

Both can win games and both can take games over. With Wilson you have to be afraid of the length of the play and breakdowns while he constantly looks down field, with Kaep you have to respect his speed as a runner and his cannon of an arm when he has a man open.

I love both QBs and would be fine with either of them in Seattle although I feel Kaep is 2 years or so from being a top 3 QB where Wilson should finish a steady 6-9 his whole career and that's i great for our offensive style.

Kaep resembles Vick in so many ways (Arm, Speed, Game Changer) But it took Vick years to develope to the point he was when he had that major year in Philly. Wilson will be the steady Eddy with upside. Think Dilfer but with Talent and speed.

Wilson will win more games and possibly Championships, but they should both have fine careers if they work on Progression <Kaep> and scrambling more when it is open <Wilson>

Back to the OP, I think the hit looked fine, but the trash talking after the play calls into question the purpose of the hit.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
HawkWow":25637269 said:
Carmon1274":25637269 said:
HawkWow":25637269 said:

Thats why he ran for almost 200 yards in Playoffs against the Packers. But I believe the Packers realize that he runs by the left and right sideline, so in the first 49ers game he only rushed for 30 yards. And thats where Boldin and VD beat the Pack.

But that was against the Pack. Not knocking the Packers, they are a real good team, but like we have yours, your 9ers have the Packers number. Other than GB and Atl, you've really not beat anyone else of note in quite some time. And I am one that believes the reason is in your own words, if Kaep isn't rushing for huge yards, you guys are going to have difficulty beating good defenses with him @ QB. This weekend will be the best team you've faced this year not named Seattle. Huge test for your team (as you know).

You 49er fans forgot about the win against bears 32-7 and the NO game 31-21

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkWow":13lnquvn said:

Did you look at ability to throw when scrambling? That is where RW wins the matchup. Kaep is as good or better than RW at avoiding hits but ugly throws while moving

OP
OP
C

csjwilkinson

Reaction score
This year Kap has sucked when throwing period. (It is Kap when shortened by the way, via Kap on Twitter.) It's picky I know.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
If anyone has room to complain, its the Titans. That hit on Locker was absolute garbage.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
csjwilkinson":2jkdzlr5 said:
This year Kap has sucked when throwing period. (It is Kap when shortened by the way, via Kap on Twitter.) It's picky I know.

His name is spelled Kaepernick...not too unreasonable for many to call him Kaep

HawkWow

Reaction score
mikeak":259zfhji said:
HawkWow":259zfhji said:

Did you look at ability to throw when scrambling? That is where RW wins the matchup. Kaep is as good or better than RW at avoiding hits but ugly throws while moving

No question. I am more comparing the two as RBs than QBs (in this context). There is no comparison between the two when throwing the rock. Either from the pocket, or outside the pocket. Kaep, IMO, is not yet an NFL caliber QB. RW is top 10.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Carmon1274":wpm1aj0a said:
HawkWow":wpm1aj0a said:
Carmon1274":wpm1aj0a said:
HawkWow":wpm1aj0a said:

You 49er fans forgot about the win against bears 32-7 and the NO game 31-21

What "49er fans" would you be referring to with this post? I stuck up for Kaep's ability to escape the big hit, that sure as hell don't make me a fan. I am a fan of the 9ers, and Kaep, the same as I am a fan of the Cowboys and Romo. I am giddy with both team's chosen QBs. Giddy.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1g8rbdmf said:
csjwilkinson":1g8rbdmf said:

His name is spelled Kaepernick...not too unreasonable for many to call him Kaep

Papaki

sc85sis

Reaction score
Wasn't Kaepernick's combine 40 time only .01 faster than Russell's? Considering Kap's height/stride advantage, I'd say that's quite impressive for Russ.

Edit: It was .02 difference. 4.53 for Kap, 4.55 for Russ.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Kaepernick is sort of like a real life Forrest Gump. He's really fast, dumb, and just seems to end up in amazing situations (like the Superb Owl and McDowell's commercials) .