Stanford vs Washington

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
We wont have time to be inept like we were today to still hang with the evil empire. Play like today and we'll be down by 21+ in the 2nd quarter.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The Ducks game is at home. We will come out and play well.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Holy shit. Why bother playing the game when the goddamn outcome is predetermined by the Pac 12? That so-called "official review" was ludicrous. What does it mean to be out of challenges, when the league has your frickin' back?!?

jhern87

Reaction score
Personally I thought the ball hit the grass before it was controlled, by the back angle at-least. Tough way for it to end. You guys played a hell of a game though.

Tical21

Reaction score
While I could very easily argue there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call, thus making it a bad call, I would bet anybody 100/1 that the ball hit the ground first, so I can't bring myself to complain about it.

The Huskies are the better team, I have no doubt, but made wayyyy too many mistakes. How many dumb penalties? How many drops? Four bad plays in the kicking game. Tonight was proof that no matter how incredible of a game you play, you can't beat a good team when you can't limit the mistakes.

I want #7 for Stanford on the Hawks.

Bring on the zeroes.

davidonmi

Reaction score
the call should've stood but TBH the game shouldn't have come down to it, stupid decisions to pooch kick, kickoff coverage, penalties, and dropped passes cost UW this game

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Good game all, time to get pumped up for the Hawks game tomorrow. These Dawgs are only getting better.

Street

Reaction score
The ball clearly hit the ground between his hands. It was the correct call. The refs didn't cost the game, it was dropped balls and special teams.

Msfann

Reaction score
It may have hit the ground but I didn't see enough evidence to overturn it. Even on a 60" plasma you could see ball but nothing to prove without a doubt that it touched.

And that's the problem they have to know for sure to overturn it and you can't say for 100% sure that it did touch. They got hosed.

If the ruling on the field originally was that it was dropped and then the replay came back saying it hit the ground that would have been fine. But the original call was a catch and there just wasn't enough proof to overrule the ruling on the field.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Msfann":2q5x0j50 said:
It may have hit the ground but I didn't see enough evidence to overturn it. Even on a 60" plasma you could see ball but nothing to prove without a doubt that it touched.

And that's the problem they have to know for sure to overturn it and you can't say for 100% sure that it did touch. They got hosed.

If the ruling on the field originally was that it was dropped and then the replay came back saying it hit the ground that would have been fine. But the original call was a catch and there just wasn't enough proof to overrule the ruling on the field.

Exactly. I don't see how anyone can argue with this.

cover-2

Reaction score
At some point the refs have to just swallow their whistles and let the teams play. The refs were calling the game way too tight, the Pac-12 will never be considered a physical conference like the SEC when our league's refs are throwing flags like they are the stars of the game. If those refs were police officers, they would ticket a firetruck for double-parking even if the fire fighters were putting out a fire or give you a speeding ticket for going 1 mph over the speed limit.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how far the pollsters drop Washington after this loss. I say they drop to #21.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Such a horribly officiated game. Thinking about it, I'm not sure what was worse, last night's game or SB XL...

I'm being honest, the last time I saw as many one sided phantom calls was our SB. And for the refs to decide the outcome, withOUT conclusive evidence was beyond ridiculous. Just absolutely pathetic.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
seahawk2k":31agy9cz said:
This isn't a conversation if ASJ makes that catch.
BS. The same can be said for almost any play that didn't result in a TD. Or if we didn't allow the first return TD or if we didn't allow that last TD before half.

Who cares about the plays that "coulda should woulda" the play that mattered was the 4th and 10. Where there was NO CONCLUSIVE evidence to overturn the call on the field, NONE.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3f1qmf92 said:
It'll be interesting to see how far the pollsters drop Washington after this loss. I say they drop to #21.
17 I say, they barely lost to #5

Side note, I've never seen yesterday's officiating crew until yesterday. Are they new? Think Stanford faked 3 injuries there at the end without being charged a single timeout.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":535ojsmu said:
seahawk2k":535ojsmu said:
This isn't a conversation if ASJ makes that catch.
BS. The same can be said for almost any play that didn't result in a TD. Or if we didn't allow the first return TD or if we didn't allow that last TD before half.

Who cares about the plays that "coulda should woulda" the play that mattered was the 4th and 10. Where there was NO CONCLUSIVE evidence to overturn the call on the field, NONE.
except the shot from behind with half the football on the grass. That looked pretty obvious to this husky fan. And that was a killer drop by a TE many want in the first round. Soooooo I care

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tical21":20ibklgk said:
While I could very easily argue there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call, thus making it a bad call, I would bet anybody 100/1 that the ball hit the ground first, so I can't bring myself to complain about it.

The Huskies are the better team, I have no doubt, but made wayyyy too many mistakes. How many dumb penalties? How many drops? Four bad plays in the kicking game. Tonight was proof that no matter how incredible of a game you play, you can't beat a good team when you can't limit the mistakes.

Excellent post. We need to limit the errors and just as Price had to learn to trust the play calling (last year), Sark has to trust his team this year. I think we're better than he thinks we are. He needs to instill discipline, then let 'em play real football. Cut the cute shit, Sark.

I was very hard on Sark last night after that dumbass pooch kick....but he does deserve a lot of credit for fielding a very good, young team. My desire to send Sark packing isn't all about Sark. It's about my belief that we will have to ultimately decide between he and Wilcox for HC. I don't want to be without Wilcox, so I am likely extra-critical of Sark.

Great game Dawgs. You're better than your record.