Even Yahoo.com sees that Forsett should be playing

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Per the Fantasy Football Recommendations (Rotowire.com)

Jones got 25 touches and did little with them, totaling 64 yards. Forsett totaled 34 yards, almost all of it coming on a 25-yard reception. It seems obvious to everyone but coach Jim Mora that Forsett should see more action. Perhaps that will happen, but don't count on it until there's official word. Forsett's "tweaked" quadriceps was not a factor.
Forsett scored a touchdown but got only eight touches Sunday as the Seahawks stubbornly stuck with the less dynamic Julius Jones.

(Rotowire.com)
So why can't Mora see it? I mean, Ruskell's gone fercrissakes, it's not as if Mora has to protect his boss anymore for being stupid enough to pay Jones the big bucks.

sam1313

Reaction score
Interesting that Yahoo claims that Forsett's quad was "not a factor." We probably won't know if that is true until this week's game. If Mora doesn't play Forsett more, he will really start losing my support (Not that Mora gives a Rat's A$$ about my support - LOL).

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I think there is more to it than meets the eye. Here is my theory, for what little it's worth..

I feel it's a money issue. You don't pay a guy the salary that JJ is getting and not start him. It doesn't make a lot of sense from a business perspective to let a guy making that much money (I realize it's not a ton, but it's more than a M a year) ride the pine while you risk injury to your up-and-coming RB during a throwaway season. Basically, I feel that they're making JJ earn his paycheck, because it's going to be the last one he receives from us, while they preserve Forsett for the future.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
That could be the same reason why Branch is playing instead of Butler... even more reason for me not to like this FO or coaching staff.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
FORSETT WAS HURT. HE SIGNALED TO GET OFF THE FIELD. :34853_doh:

OldKingDoom

Reaction score
Even Yahoo.com sees that Forsett should be playing

Is he not playing? :|

Why are we inventing some outrageous issue with JJ/Forsett and the coaches? I really do think this Hawks org knows the quality of Forsett here as well as JJ.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Here is what I think about all this junk. Remember not so long ago when Hass said something about not getting accustomed to losing? This is just what he meant. When you get accustomed to losing, it is always someone elses fault. It is always well, so and so should have got more touches, or so and so should have been the main target pass wise. etc.etc. You can even throw in the quaint, well sure we won, but it was only so and so and we should have beat em by 4 td's.

Seems like too many of us here have given up, thrown in the towel and are pointing fingers instead of applauding the guys still working their asses off to do better.

zayden

Reaction score
leave him behind jones, save his wheels for next year. we see what he CAN do when he plays. make it mean something though. did anyone see e.j. henderson's knee vs az? career over maybe for him. he put his foot in his mouth, and not figuratively.

rather see justin live to play another day. as far as branch, he's quicker and knows his routes better. pardon, knows HOW to run routes. you hear a lot of how rookies dont know HOW TO run routes. may know them, just not how to run them. get up branch's little trade value on draft day. problem is the contract, may be untradable

The Radish

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2fj6g8ls said:
Per the Fantasy Football Recommendations (Rotowire.com)

Jones got 25 touches and did little with them, totaling 64 yards. Forsett totaled 34 yards, almost all of it coming on a 25-yard reception. It seems obvious to everyone but coach Jim Mora that Forsett should see more action. Perhaps that will happen, but don't count on it until there's official word. Forsett's "tweaked" quadriceps was not a factor.
Forsett scored a touchdown but got only eight touches Sunday as the Seahawks stubbornly stuck with the less dynamic Julius Jones.

(Rotowire.com)
So why can't Mora see it? I mean, Ruskell's gone fercrissakes, it's not as if Mora has to protect his boss anymore for being stupid enough to pay Jones the big bucks.

Hey Salish check your PMs. top of page where it says new messages.

HAWKSandNOLESfan

Reaction score
every single analyst out there is going to say something along these lines because all they see are the statistical comparisons.. just like im watching the local news and all these guys are hating on JJ and praising forsett then highlighting the stat "i mean forsett has almost 6 ypc compared to JJ around 3ypc.." HOW CAN HE NOT BE STARTING@!?

guys look pretty much anywhere in the league and the 3rd down back will have more ypc than the starting back.. thats how the game works.. they go in on 3rd and 15 and get 10 yds several times a game.. thats pretty much all they do.

tashard choice is the perfect highlight of this in dallas.. he has shined everytime hes set foot on the field.. yet he is 3rd on their depth chart avging almost 6ypc even while starting a game or 2 while marion and felix were injured..

GardenStateHawk

Reaction score
Forsett will be hear next year, Julius won't. Unless injury issues are holding Justin back, you push he and Rankin up the depth chart to so we have film on them going into the offseason and can possibly assess what their roles might be with the team and whether we should look into another back or just focus on the O-Line.