Oregon vs. Washington

DohBoy

Reaction score
Throwdown":4qs6w720 said:
Dudes name is Kim...?

Jesus....
And he sells real estate for Windermere in Renton-Tukwila.

Therefore, if you're a local Duck (or Coug) fan in that area, you might want to reconsider listing a home through that Windermere office. I suspect his whole Mutt "hyper-fan" schtick is simply an attempt to get an edge in real estate...just like with joining professional organizations, being active in a local mega church and the similar. Simply wear a lilac shirt, sport a pee-colored tie and market yourself as the "agent for real Husky fans."

Makes you want to take a shower, doesn't it?

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":3forq074 said:
JSeahawks":3forq074 said:
HawkWow":3forq074 said:
If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )

*note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.

Healthy dose of UO arrogance. :stirthepot:
Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This thread is going to look really embarrassing in a few weeks. Oregon's defense is legitimate (See: Golden Bears, California) and the offense is still next to impossible to defend if you don't have SEC/Stanford defenses.

DohBoy

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":1z4ulopy said:
Apparently "1.5 National Championships" is the new "Five Super Bowls."

Note: 1.5 could change to 2/3/4 by the time you read this, as someone may have edited the Husky wiki page in the interim to add another one.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
This "You guys are arrogant!" "No! You are!" Debate is going to explode next week if UW beats Stanford. I'm hoping UW wins this week, because I have tickets to UW/Oregon and would love to see a couple undefeated teams ranked in the top 10 duel on a Saturday afternoon in October.

Carry on gents.

jhern87

Reaction score
One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

I don't blame them for doing so because it's obviously very effective (cutting edge uni's appeal to recruits and the read option wins games), I'm just curious if any Husky fans didn't like the fact that they're obviously mimicking the team they despise so much?

pehawk

Reaction score
jhern87":189qe7ju said:
One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

I don't blame them for doing so because it's obviously very effective (cutting edge uni's appeal to recruits and the read option wins games), I'm just curious if any Husky fans didn't like the fact that they're obviously mimicking the team they despise so much?

I'll bite, it feels dirty to me. Really dirty.

However, I do think Sark doing that in one offseason is amazing and a testament to him being a pro-level coach.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
jhern87":te9a1d2b said:

C,mon man, when you were dressing just like Jordan Knight, did I mock you?

pehawk

Reaction score
I still remember what you did to me when I dressed like Bobby Knight.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
DohBoy":zd9iavck said:
Chrome_Seahawk":zd9iavck said:

Note: 1.5 could change to 2/3/4 by the time you read this, as someone may have edited the Husky wiki page in the interim to add another one.

Stop reading Wiki's and go read the NCAA books.

Hint: It is more than the "1.5" you stated.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":210a1buk said:
DohBoy":210a1buk said:
Chrome_Seahawk":210a1buk said:

Stop reading Wiki's and go read the NCAA books.

Hint: It is more than the "1.5" you stated.

Dust those trophies. Be sure the ones from the bronze age don't get too much patina on them. 5 rings.

DohBoy

Reaction score
Oh, oh Scott...they're arguing about the decimal points now. Lest we all forget, this is what happened last time:

[youtube]Kne4pMav7V8[/youtube]

Thus, let me play the peacemaker: Everybody just keep your shirts on, your Zima's capped and your goatees tight. CWAJGA?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DohBoy":ds3hhw2q said:
Oh, oh Scott...they're arguing about the decimal points now. Lest we all forget, this is what happened last time:

[youtube]Kne4pMav7V8[/youtube]

Thus, let me play the peacemaker: Everybody just keep your shirts on, your Zima's capped and your goatees tight. CWAJGA?

Shirtless guy would have gone 12 rounds and felt no pain. Dude in the black jacket seemed like one of those LETS FIGHT!!! (somebody hold me back so I can look tough but don't really have to fight) types.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
jhern87":14xb51qn said:

I don't really mind for a couple reasons:

1) Everything is a variation off of what somebody else has already done.

2) They don't give out trophies for being first.

3) You can't not do something that's gonna help you win just because another team already did something similar.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jhern87":1z62w53q said:

Pretty sure the placard play calling was started by Oklahoma State. Nebraska and Oregon were quick to adopt... Kelly certainly has progressed it.

Here's to the Huskies tonight. Be great to have a battle of top 10s next week

HawkWow

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":dt6v8n2x said:
CallMeADawg":dt6v8n2x said:
JSeahawks":dt6v8n2x said:
HawkWow":dt6v8n2x said:
If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )

*note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.

Healthy dose of UO arrogance. :stirthepot:

But we didn't start writing that book until we had a championship...or 2. UO is re-writing the book and 'From runt to arrogant, Natty? We don't need no stinking Natty' would be a great title for it.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Ok, since Stanford beat Washington now we need Washington to beat Oregon and then Oregon to beat Stanford.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":23e6dy8c said:
Ok, since Stanford beat Washington now we need Washington to beat Oregon and then Oregon to beat Stanford.

Gotta be honest, the STanford part of that equation has me pretty worried. We just don't match up well with them if they go to that power formation. Don't mean to kick you while you're down but i'd be shocked if Oregon doesn't cover the spread next week. (If DAT plays. If DAT is out again, then it might be another nail biter.)

sturg78

Reaction score
It's officially my favorite week of the year! Hate Husky week! Boo dogs, yay Ducks!

cesame

Reaction score
I don't see how Washington slows down De'Anthony, Addison and Huff with Mariota slinging it.

I mean I dare Washington to stack the box like they did vs Stanford all night. Oregon will light that up.