Josh Freeman released

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Josh Freeman released
Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:24 pm
  • Why not Jacksonville?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:29 pm
  • Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders for a guy. Look no further than Marshawn for an example of that.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:45 pm
  • Has he cleared waivers? If a player is picked up on waivers, the buying team assumes his previous contract correct? That pretty much eliminates Seattle from consideration. If he clears waivers and is dirt cheap, it could be a different story. I really doubt he would though. Cleveland could use a guy like Freeman, as could Buffalo and a few other teams.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:53 pm
  • No Kip, the Bucs will be responsible for the money above and beyond the standard contract cost for his tenure in the league. It is a steal for whomever takes him, the Bucs would literally rather piss cash than keep the guy.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:00 am
  • pehawk wrote:I disagree, Seven. Reid loves him some longball. Loves, loves, loves longball.

I'm with Seven on this. Reid tried to trade for Smith a couple times, reportedly. He might love the long ball, but he loves dink and dunk QBs with high ball security even more. See Kolb, Kevin.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:04 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I disagree, Seven. Reid loves him some longball. Loves, loves, loves longball.

I'm with Seven on this. Reid tried to trade for Smith a couple times, reportedly. He might love the long ball, but he loves dink and dunk QBs with high ball security even more. See Kolb, Kevin.

In theory, yes. But, much like the run game, Reid can get impatient as a playcaller. When he gets impatient its "chuck" it time. Also, Reid just makes chicken salad out of anything you give him QB wise. He picks up QB's, they flourish because of his design, and then trades them.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:15 am
  • Reid is fat
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:09 pm
  • CallMeADawg wrote:No Kip, the Bucs will be responsible for the money above and beyond the standard contract cost for his tenure in the league. It is a steal for whomever takes him, the Bucs would literally rather piss cash than keep the guy.

Thanks, I wasn't sure on that. In baseball, the waiver claiming team picks up the contract. But baseball has their balls firmly in the grip of the player's union.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:26 pm
  • Funny if Bucs waited ONE day then ether Buffalo or Cleveland might have traded...
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:30 pm
  • I still don't think Cleveland makes a move. They went with Weeden before, and I still believe in Campbell (I know I'm alone in that one).
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:14 am
  • kearly wrote:
    CallMeADawg wrote:No Kip, the Bucs will be responsible for the money above and beyond the standard contract cost for his tenure in the league. It is a steal for whomever takes him, the Bucs would literally rather piss cash than keep the guy.

Thanks, I wasn't sure on that. In baseball, the waiver claiming team picks up the contract. But baseball has their balls firmly in the grip of the player's union.

Did something change in the last 3 years onm that?

IIRC, when we dumped Hoschmandouschzah, He made it through waivers almost specifically because anyone claiming him off waivers would be claiming his contract as well, but once he was clear, any team picking him up was responsible only for the veteran minimum part of his contract, and Seattle had to pay the remaining salary above that.

Where ids Hawkstorian or some cap-wise poster to clear that up?
    Dismas
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:29 pm
  • Dismas wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    CallMeADawg wrote: Hoschmandouschzah?

Quality.
    csjwilkinson
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:55 pm
  • Dismas wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    CallMeADawg wrote:No Kip, the Bucs will be responsible for the money above and beyond the standard contract cost for his tenure in the league. It is a steal for whomever takes him, the Bucs would literally rather piss cash than keep the guy.

Did something change in the last 3 years onm that?

IIRC, when we dumped Hoschmandouschzah, He made it through waivers almost specifically because anyone claiming him off waivers would be claiming his contract as well, but once he was clear, any team picking him up was responsible only for the veteran minimum part of his contract, and Seattle had to pay the remaining salary above that.

Where ids Hawkstorian or some cap-wise poster to clear that up?

We paid what was guaranteed on the contract, not the full amount.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Previous

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information