Josh Freeman released

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Man, I'd dump BJ Daniels and pick Freeman up in a heart beat now that he's been released.

What a disaster Tampa Bay is because of Schiano. He's slowly sabotaged that team.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1vqxybtl said:
Man, I'd dump BJ Daniels and pick Freeman up in a heart beat now that he's been released.

What a disaster Tampa Bay is because of Schiano. He's slowly sabotaged that team.

Second that. I'm not AS high on him as I was, but there's a good chance it was just a perfect storm of bad luck and poor coaching for him.

OP
OP
C

csjwilkinson

Reaction score
The touble is that he's a starting QB, so the number will be high. Also, would he sit as a backup or try and go with a team that he could start for? Having him would be nice, but there are issues.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
What did they do to him? Remember this?

Josh Freeman began the 2010 season as the starting quarterback. He started all 16 games of the season, the first Buccaneer quarterback to do so since Brad Johnson in 2003. On December 26, 2010, Freeman completed 21 of 26 pass attempts for 227 yards and 5 touchdowns against the Seattle Seahawks, matching a franchise record for touchdowns in a game.

pehawk

Reaction score
Freeman would automatically make Minny a legit threat, IMO. If I were the Bengals I'd consider it. It's going to be a team which already doesn't have a young QB or isn't picking top 10 in the draft.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I like the idea of Freeman in Minny with Frazier, I think he could motivate him and get him to play well but I think Frazier will stick by Ponder until he is fired, just the kind of coach he is. Jacksonville or the NY Jets should jump on this opportunity right now.

pehawk

Reaction score
12th_Bob":28mf1rd1 said:
I like the idea of Freeman in Minny with Frazier, I think he could motivate him and get him to play well but I think Frazier will stick by Ponder until he is fired, just the kind of coach he is. Jacksonville or the NY Jets should jump on this opportunity right now.

I think Frazier will stick with Ponder because his GM's tells him to. I think Frazier's outstanding as a coach, but he's coaching in a situation where saying "no" will get him fired. That's an "IMO", of course.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Zona' is a good call, didn't think about that one.

So Schaino fired in 3, 2, 1?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1fawy05m said:
The Browns should give him a look. He's better than Brandon Weeden at this point and more experienced than Hoyer.

Hoyer is looking good, but Freeman would be good competition/insurance instead of Weedon.

Sac

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3qir45q5 said:
Wouldn't be surprised if he takes a short trip across the state to Jacksonville.

Also highly probable. Gus is almost a polar opposite to Schiano.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":fwix43c4 said:

What's his contract status? If it's a lot, I don't think placing a waver on his would be smart. Doubt he makes it past that.

aawolf

Reaction score
Dang, Bucs. You couldn't have gotten at least a 3rd round pick for a starting NFL QB? What a joke.

pehawk

Reaction score
Jax wont touch him. Why? They'll have their pick of QB's in a very strong draft.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Hmm... Maybe the Texans pick him up? Have him learn their playbook and bench Schaub. Who knows? Maybe he can help turn the Texans around.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
C-Dub":29rmihog said:
Sarlacc83":29rmihog said:

What's his contract status? If it's a lot, I don't think placing a waver on his would be smart. Doubt he makes it past that.

He was on last year of rookie deal, 5year/26 mil I think I read, also:

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 41m
Josh Freeman can't collect the balance of his $8.43M base salary ($5,950,588-12 weeks) until he files for termination pay after the season.