After a 4-0 UW Start, Lets remember...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why are Duck fans even in this thread? its a UW thread. Ducks fans should start a "we've been great for the last 5 years" thread.. or "we cant believe we arent on sanctions" thread. either way

be nice to see the team that ran the pac 10 for the better part of two decades finally get back to the national stage. Been lots of false starts.

if there is any sport that takes pride in reflecting on its history it would college football. the fact Oregon's isnt nearly as bright as their present doesnt mean Husky fans should revel in their own. When a good portion of the present is paid for by people who donate based on the past its not a difficult correlation. To make it sounds likey they are "9er fans" is disingenuous.

Big game this weekend.

jhern87

Reaction score
Uncle Si":15cpyiun said:
Why are Duck fans even in this thread? its a UW thread. Ducks fans should start a "we've been great for the last 5 years" thread.. or "we cant believe we arent on sanctions" thread. either way

be nice to see the team that ran the pac 10 for the better part of two decades finally get back to the national stage. Been lots of false starts.

if there is any sport that takes pride in reflecting on its history it would college football. the fact Oregon's isnt nearly as bright as their present doesnt mean Husky fans should revel in their own. When a good portion of the present is paid for by people who donate based on the past its not a difficult correlation. To make it sounds likey they are "9er fans" is disingenuous.

Big game this weekend.

I read this thread because I'm a fan of the game.. I didn't come in here beating my chest, simply backing my school just as you do yours. I apologize if you feel threatened by this.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3m89jrgi said:

Big game this weekend.

I'm a Huskies fan. As I said in another thread, I was born and raised in and around Seattle by a pair of UW alumni, went to UW for undergrad and med school, and live and die with the purple and gold. I would freaking LOVE a win over Oregon as much as anyone. My comment about sounding like a Niners fan was SOLELY aimed at the tired 'come talk to us when you have a championship' retort, which is one of the most dismissive and arrogant phrases one can turn to in football discussion. And it sounds just as bad coming from a Huskies fan about our success as it does from a Niners fan about their 5 rings. Implying that Oregon is somehow 'beneath' our notice because we've won more championships is snotty. That's it. There's nothing more to that comment. Of course UW fans should be proud of their heritage and want to return to that level, and should hold their school accountable for it.

But to pretend that Oregon is beneath our notice after a decade of dominance?

I just find that pretentious.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Who said anything about pretending or that Oregon is somehow beneath us?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Uncle Si":7vffurzd said:

Hawkwow, earlier on in the thread.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jkitsune":1sejjhgf said:
Uncle Si":1sejjhgf said:

I guess I read it differently... it gets a bit annoying reading the enormous amount of crap heaped on by Ducks fans who cant get over themselves over the last 4 years. I guess I gave the guy a longer leash to fight back.

either way... UW has a massive opportunity this weekend

jkitsune

Reaction score
That's fine. I guess I just get why Ducks fans are the way they are. A decade of dominance will do that, and I think 'Hawks fans probably can relate to how Ducks fans feel when they talk to Niners fans.

ANYHOW. ALL OF THAT SAID. I'm going to the Stanford/UW game this weekend, and I am REALLY excited. I think the upset is less likely this year than last, in large part because of Stanford's improved QB play, but I can't deny that I think it's a real possibility we win. KP looks worlds better, the D has continued to improve, and the new offense masks some mediocre OL play. It should be a phenomenal game.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
See... Duck fans cant let a Husky themed thread exist without them pissing on it.

You guys better hope you win in Seattle. If you do, its status quo... but if you dont... Holy cow you are going to hear about it.

jhern87

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":1ot7wkpy said:
See... Duck fans cant let a Husky themed thread exist without them pissing on it.

You guys better hope you win in Seattle. If you do, its status quo... but if you dont... Holy cow you are going to hear about it.

You're right, because that is exactly what's going on this thread.. We simply can't help ourselves and are completely jealous of your national championship 22 years ago. You're missing some screws.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jhern87":2rdx3d74 said:
CallMeADawg":2rdx3d74 said:

You're right, because that is exactly what's going on this thread.. We simply can't help ourselves and are completely jealous of your national championship 22 years ago. You're missing some screws.

shouldnt Duck fans be jealous of any National Championships? Yes, the Ducks have been the class of the Pac 10/12 the last few years. but outside of Joey harrington and the last 4 years its not exactly a history ringing of excellence. if you havent learned yet, college football "dynasties" dont last long. Its a short matter of time before the Ducks start to falter from the top 5 scene (Ie.. Washington, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC, Miami, Colorado, Auburn, Michigan,...) All programs take steps backwards. Better get the national championship soon so you have something to be remembered outside of absurd Nike uniforms

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well I can't speak for all duck fans, but no, I'm not at all jealous of what happened 20 years ago. Now if Washington somehow won it this year I would be jealous, but I'd also be rooting for them and hAppy that someone from the pac12 got it done.

jhern87

Reaction score
Uncle Si":31u46dvy said:
jhern87":31u46dvy said:
CallMeADawg":31u46dvy said:

shouldnt Duck fans be jealous of any National Championships? Yes, the Ducks have been the class of the Pac 10/12 the last few years. but outside of Joey harrington and the last 4 years its not exactly a history ringing of excellence. if you havent learned yet, college football "dynasties" dont last long. Its a short matter of time before the Ducks start to falter from the top 5 scene (Ie.. Washington, Florida, Florida State, Penn State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC, Miami, Colorado, Auburn, Michigan,...) All programs take steps backwards. Better get the national championship soon so you have something to be remembered outside of absurd Nike uniforms

Of course we want a championship but I wouldn't trade places with UW anytime soon because by your logic "they're due to be ontop". And us faltering is what you hope happens. Yes, teams don't always stay on-top but our program evolves with the times and upgrades our facilities accordingly. If telling yourself that we're going to suffer a UW spree of disappointing years is what helps you sleep at night then so be it.

Just because you copy our helmets, offense and playing calling strategies doesn't mean you're where we are, it means you're where we were. We started doing this over a decade ago and have built a reputation of being competitive on a national scale year in and year out. It doesn't help that recruits these days weren't alive when you guys were dominant so good luck selling that "Hey look at us, we can do it too.." BS.

The Robinson twins took a visit up to UW last year and their post visit interview nicely sums up where both of our programs are when Tyree said something like "They kept on trying to compare themselves to Oregon but you can't compare to Oregon".

See you next week fellas.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
where is my logic that they are "due to be on top"? did you graduate from UO? just skip reading comp courses? getting to the top is alot different than sliding from it. Point is, once the slide starts it gets hard to climb back up.

so when you say you "started this over a decade ago and have a reputation of being competitive on a national scale" are you talking about that one Pac 10 championship in 2001? 2009+ has been great. but thats 4 seasons and no championship. is that "year in and year out?"

revisionism is a fail safe argument to support short term memories... and ignorance. but this is college football. if you know the game then you know better. its always about the now and then. Ohio State and Nebraska may have the nicest facilities in the nation. When was the last time Nebraska was relevant? Ohio State has a national championship... in 2002 (vacated one in 2011, because they cheated). that was the first since 1970 and Woody Hayes.. heard of him? Penn State? its college football, nothing lasts but the record books.

dont pride yourself on feeling like self respecting Husky fans really compare themselves to Oregon or really care that much about its soon to be drop. This was a Husky thread with some Duck fans that couldnt stay away. you keep telling yourself that these things arent cyclical. Its been a nice story, coupled with the hype around Nike. you escaped some sanctions. you've built facilities based on income generated from ugly uniforms.

Any self respecting Oregon fan would recognize its their defense not offense that gives them a chance to win a national championship this season (and you can thank the SEC model you're copying for that). Kellys play calling strategies are lighting up the NFL. its just a matter of time.

But dont follow history. its all about the present.

good luck with that.

anyways its a Husky thread, not a Duck thread. it may be another step forward, or just the same ole Huskies. I'd rather have that then the little sister syndrome some Duck fans have on here.

(as a p.s..... i know all this is BS. Oregon's legit.. but college football is the only sport outside maybe European soccer where fans can taunt each other with history and it actually means something)

Snohomie

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":978km41a said:

Here's how this place works.

UW fan makes a UW themed post
UW fan disparages Oregon
UW fans start arguing about whether UW's history matters to Oregon or something that like
UW fans bicker through several posts
Dawg and UncleSi - "OMG THERE ARE SO MANY DUCK FANS HERE!!!"

... of course, if you spend 20 posts talking about us, we'll show up. But don't act like we came to ruin your thread - that was all done by UW fans.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Snohomie":39cghoxh said:
CallMeADawg":39cghoxh said:

Here's how this place works.

UW fan makes a UW themed post
UW fan disparages Oregon
UW fans start arguing about whether UW's history matters to Oregon or something that like
UW fans bicker through several posts
Dawg and UncleSi - "OMG THERE ARE SO MANY DUCK FANS HERE!!!"

atleast its not a Tjack or uniform thread..

cant we have a bit of fun? I mean I deliberately stayed away from the nonsense of the "Oregon-Washington" thread

jhern87

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ytkb9tu said:
where is my logic that they are "due to be on top"? did you graduate from UO? just skip reading comp courses? getting to the top is alot different than sliding from it. Point is, once the slide starts it gets hard to climb back up.

so when you say you "started this over a decade ago and have a reputation of being competitive on a national scale" are you talking about that one Pac 10 championship in 2001? 2009+ has been great. but thats 4 seasons and no championship. is that "year in and year out?"

revisionism is a fail safe argument to support short term memories... and ignorance. but this is college football. if you know the game then you know better. its always about the now and then. Ohio State and Nebraska may have the nicest facilities in the nation. When was the last time Nebraska was relevant? Ohio State has a national championship... in 2002 (vacated one in 2011, because they cheated). that was the first since 1970 and Woody Hayes.. heard of him? Penn State? its college football, nothing lasts but the record books.

dont pride yourself on feeling like self respecting Husky fans really compare themselves to Oregon or really care that much about its soon to be drop. This was a Husky thread with some Duck fans that couldnt stay away. you keep telling yourself that these things arent cyclical. Its been a nice story, coupled with the hype around Nike. you escaped some sanctions. you've built facilities based on income generated from ugly uniforms.

Any self respecting Oregon fan would recognize its their defense not offense that gives them a chance to win a national championship this season (and you can thank the SEC model you're copying for that). Kellys play calling strategies are lighting up the NFL. its just a matter of time.

But dont follow history. its all about the present.

good luck with that.

anyways its a Husky thread, not a Duck thread. it may be another step forward, or just the same ole Huskies. I'd rather have that then the little sister syndrome some Duck fans have on here.

(as a p.s..... i know all this is BS. Oregon's legit.. but college football is the only sport outside maybe European soccer where fans can taunt each other with history and it actually means something)

01 = 11 W's
-04 = 7, 8 and 5
05 = 10
06 = 7
07 = 9
08 = 10
09 = 10
and only 4 losses since (39 w's)

So disregarding the outlier (5) I feel these totals represent a team that is consistently competitive on a national scale.

And Husky fans are obviously the ones with the inferiority complex. Maybe you need to re-read this thread to see that it was UW fans to start crying and saying that Oregon has never "harmed" your Huskies. You guys sit in here and are like "Oregon fans have to come in here and ruin this thread" when you guys are the ones talking about us. Hilarious really.

And Oregon didn't "escape sanctions". Huskies just prayed that the NCAA would hammer down on us because they knew the only way their program could possibly win the Pac 12 N, is if their rival down south was at a distinct dis-advantage. Sorry guys, you're going to have to do it on the field.

And if by "copying the SEC" you mean that since we've been successful on a national scale it allows us to recruit comparable caliber recruits to that of SEC teams, then I agree. Our scheme hasn't changed however. Our Defensive co-coordinator has been in his position since before any player on your roster has been alive and was the coach of your now defensive coordinator, Justin Wilcox. He's evolved his gameplan along with the game of football but I've yet to see any proof that he is copying schemes from anywhere (let alone the SEC), can you provide this?

Anyways, it's a Husky thread.. So stop talking about the Ducks.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si logic

offsite

Carmon1274

Reaction score
HawkWow":3ji28v5v said:
There is no team I hate more than Stanford (thanks to the *untish Bill Walsh). They are as classless today as they were under his (2nd) watch in 92. Then it was punkass Harbaugh and now Frikin' Shaw. Passing on 3rd and 3 with 7 minutes left in a blow out over the lowly Cougs? Shaw is a very small man.

I couldn't give a ratsass about the Ducks. I just want to beat Stanford....IF I had a choice, I'd prefer to beat Stanford. You Ducks have never really harmed us. You mean as little to us as we mean to you. You have been riding the Phil Knight gravy train and still unable to get it done.

UW got it done.

Call it ancient history all you'd like...but the operative word is "history". When you Ducks make some, we may decide to find you relevant. But not until. If you're going to be arrogant, have something to be arrogant about... or you just look silly.

EDIT: Why is this relevant to this thread? If you're a Dawg fan, you shouldn't have to ask.

But the Seahawks went fake punt against the Cards last season when up 38-0? :roll:

HawkWow

Reaction score
jkitsune":3t9k3pg6 said:
Uncle Si":3t9k3pg6 said:

You can manipulate the context of my previous post to your liking. The fact does not change. We hold 2 titles, you hold none. In that respect, common sense would definitely suggest that as far as championships go, UO is beneath the Dawgs.

Go ahead and present your argument. I suppose the words "ancient history" will be prominent.

It was those words that caused me to retaliate (unapologetically) with the factual statement you choose to have issue with. Sports, and college football in particular, is all about "history". If you're not old enough to recall the great days of U-Dub football, that in no way diminishes those great days of U-Dub football.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'm not really that interested in continuing this with you after so many days. But to clarify again, I'm a Dawg.