Oregon vs. Washington

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:50 pm
  • I like to call it reality.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:53 pm
  • It's ok, we are used to Oregon and their fans.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:29 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )

*note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.

Plug them with duck calls.

While you blow your top, you'll be helping the Ducks find their way home. ; )
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:45 pm
  • Time set for 1pm kickoff
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote: Why? What did we ever do to the Ducks to deserve the humiliation they crave to bestow upon us...why why why?

Kim Grimolds. Chris Fetters. And Ruth Robbins (I actually kinda like Ruth, but she's wacky when it comes to her Duck hatred).

They are the reason that most Duck fans (at least us message board nerd Duck fans) want to destroy UW. I love UW's new system. I like a lot of your players. I have fun yuckin it up with most of the UW fans on this board, most of y'all are good people. But I don't ever want either of those three that I mentioned to have the satisfaction of UW beating UO.

Aww the Dawgman DB's! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about J. My favorite part was them feeding all the members there that Oregon was about to get the "death penalty" from the NCAA for the recruiting violations. After the slap on the wrist I was front and center in-front of my computer witnessing the meltdown, absolutely priceless.

Anyways, regarding Oregon and UW fans banter; it's always a nice debate. I understand that programs dominate in cycles and that Oregon hasn't won a national championship but their run is still very much underway and they don't show much signs of slowing down. It'll be interesting to hear what UW fans have to say once Oregon does win one, I'm guessing it will sound something like this ".. The 91' Huskies were still much better!". :roll:

I'm still looking forward to playing them in a few weeks and still think that WA isn't deep enough to stay with Oregon for four quarters. I'll have my popcorn ready after the game so I can read Husky forums calling for Sark's head. :D
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:15 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote: Why? What did we ever do to the Ducks to deserve the humiliation they crave to bestow upon us...why why why?

Kim Grimolds. Chris Fetters. And Ruth Robbins (I actually kinda like Ruth, but she's wacky when it comes to her Duck hatred).

They are the reason that most Duck fans (at least us message board nerd Duck fans) want to destroy UW. I love UW's new system. I like a lot of your players. I have fun yuckin it up with most of the UW fans on this board, most of y'all are good people. But I don't ever want either of those three that I mentioned to have the satisfaction of UW beating UO.

Aww the Dawgman DB's! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about J. My favorite part was them feeding all the members there that Oregon was about to get the "death penalty" from the NCAA for the recruiting violations. After the slap on the wrist I was front and center in-front of my computer witnessing the meltdown, absolutely priceless.

Anyways, regarding Oregon and UW fans banter; it's always a nice debate. I understand that programs dominate in cycles and that Oregon hasn't won a national championship but their run is still very much underway and they don't show much signs of slowing down. It'll be interesting to hear what UW fans have to say once Oregon does win one, I'm guessing it will sound something like this ".. The 91' Huskies were still much better!". :roll:

I'm still looking forward to playing them in a few weeks and still think that WA isn't deep enough to stay with Oregon for four quarters. I'll have my popcorn ready after the game so I can read Husky forums calling for Sark's head. :D

Yeah, that would be interesting. Problem is that it's not going to happen. UW will win another national championship before Oregon ever wins one.

Go Dawgs!
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    jhern87 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Yeah, that would be interesting. Problem is that it's not going to happen. UW will win another national championship before Oregon ever wins one.

Go Dawgs!

Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:50 pm
  • jhern87 wrote: Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3

Won't break my heart. College football programs ebb and flow. Alternatively, I'll look forward to coming back when Oregon fails to make the title game again this year.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:03 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    jhern87 wrote: Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3

Won't break my heart. College football programs ebb and flow. Alternatively, I'll look forward to coming back when Oregon fails to make the title game again this year.

Sounds about right.. Husky fans rooting against Oregon more than they root for their own team.
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    jhern87 wrote: Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3

Sounds about right.. Husky fans rooting against Oregon more than they root for their own team.

Nope. The Huskies are getting their feet under them. Just a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:32 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    jhern87 wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:

Nope. The Huskies are getting their feet under them. Just a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Getting their feet under them? The Huskies are a lot closer to getting a new coach than getting their "feet under them". I understand being optimistic about your team but lets not act like if Sark doesn't win 9+ games he's not likely out as HC.
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:54 pm
  • I think the Huskies look pretty good. If I remember correctly, Oregon had a pretty long "rough patch" before Chip showed up and put them on the map. Like I said, ebb and flow.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:07 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:I think the Huskies look pretty good. If I remember correctly, Oregon had a pretty long "rough patch" before Chip showed up and put them on the map. Like I said, ebb and flow.

Well see.. You're not remembering right. We won 5 games in 04 and 7 games in 06 but had a 10 win year in 05. Not exactly a "rough patch".
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:36 am
  • Huskys think UO is going to fall back after signing the top rated RB a year ago, this year UO is going to be signing the #2 RB in the class in Royce Freeman. The kid is the second coming of Adrian Peteson, but bigger 6'1 227. UO just need a Qb who can do enough to keep the d honest, and the I will continue to roll with studs like Tyner and Freeman.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:50 am
  • CPHawk wrote:Huskys think UO is going to fall back after signing the top rated RB a year ago, this year UO is going to be signing the #2 RB in the class in Royce Freeman. The kid is the second coming of Adrian Peteson, but bigger 6'1 227. UO just need a Qb who can do enough to keep the d honest, and the I will continue to roll with studs like Tyner and Freeman.

Whoa now! Loosin those green and yellow goggles a little my man. Freeman is a man child BUT to compare to arguably the greatest ever at the position might be a little much for a HS senior. After all, much of a players potential is above the shoulder pads. Nobody knows what the guys work ethic is like. Not saying you're wrong, just saying lets wait to anoint the man.

Personally I'm excited about new RB commit Tony James out of Florida. Reminds me a lot of a recent RB for Oregon with the same last name. Excited to see how both Freeman and James progress.
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:08 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:Huskys think UO is going to fall back after signing the top rated RB a year ago, this year UO is going to be signing the #2 RB in the class in Royce Freeman. The kid is the second coming of Adrian Peteson, but bigger 6'1 227. UO just need a Qb who can do enough to keep the d honest, and the I will continue to roll with studs like Tyner and Freeman.

Whoa now! Loosin those green and yellow goggles a little my man. Freeman is a man child BUT to compare to arguably the greatest ever at the position might be a little much for a HS senior. After all, much of a players potential is above the shoulder pads. Nobody knows what the guys work ethic is like. Not saying you're wrong, just saying lets wait to anoint the man.

Personally I'm excited about new RB commit Tony James out of Florida. Reminds me a lot of a recent RB for Oregon with the same last name. Excited to see how both Freeman and James progress.

You're right of course, but it's hard to not get excited about a kid who has broke every rushing record in a conference that has produced Reggie Bush, Rashaan Salaam, Ricky Williams and Marcus Allen.

James also looks great, UO is stacked at RB for years to come.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:37 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:Huskys think UO is going to fall back after signing the top rated RB a year ago, this year UO is going to be signing the #2 RB in the class in Royce Freeman. The kid is the second coming of Adrian Peteson, but bigger 6'1 227. UO just need a Qb who can do enough to keep the d honest, and the I will continue to roll with studs like Tyner and Freeman.

Just to pile on the absurdity of this, Freeman, while a very good player, and a very good recruit, runs a 4.6 40, and comparing him to Adrian Peterson is laughable. He's not even as highly regarded as Tyner and going back further, doesn't hold a candle to what Jonathan Stewart was as a high school prospect. Again, not knocking Freeman who may turn out to be a very good player, but it's just as likely he waits 3+ years waiting to start behind Coleman and Tyner.

This reminds me of a guy who used to post on the dawgman basketball boards. Was convinced that Artem Wallace as a HS prospect was the second coming of Dirk Nowitzki.
    drrew
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:12 pm
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:24 am
  • jhern87 wrote:Aww the Dawgman DB's! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about J. My favorite part was them feeding all the members there that Oregon was about to get the "death penalty" from the NCAA for the recruiting violations. After the slap on the wrist I was front and center in-front of my computer witnessing the meltdown, absolutely priceless.

You mean this guy?:

You'd better be careful: Kimmie has anonymous sources telling him once again that the NCAA is going to hammer Oregon. I'd suggest you go talk about it on MuttMan, but of course you have to buy a subscription first. Ironic that a bunch of hardcore, badass football fans are so thin-skinned like that...somehow reminds me of the mods on 49ersWebZone.com.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:29 am
  • Dudes name is Kim...?

Jesus....
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:42 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Dudes name is Kim...?

Jesus....

And he sells real estate for Windermere in Renton-Tukwila.

Therefore, if you're a local Duck (or Coug) fan in that area, you might want to reconsider listing a home through that Windermere office. I suspect his whole Mutt "hyper-fan" schtick is simply an attempt to get an edge in real estate...just like with joining professional organizations, being active in a local mega church and the similar. Simply wear a lilac shirt, sport a pee-colored tie and market yourself as the "agent for real Husky fans."

Makes you want to take a shower, doesn't it?
    Last edited by DohBoy on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 am
  • CallMeADawg wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )

Healthy dose of UO arrogance. :stirthepot:

Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:47 am
  • This thread is going to look really embarrassing in a few weeks. Oregon's defense is legitimate (See: Golden Bears, California) and the offense is still next to impossible to defend if you don't have SEC/Stanford defenses.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:49 am
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

Apparently "1.5 National Championships" is the new "Five Super Bowls."

Note: 1.5 could change to 2/3/4 by the time you read this, as someone may have edited the Husky wiki page in the interim to add another one.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 pm
  • This "You guys are arrogant!" "No! You are!" Debate is going to explode next week if UW beats Stanford. I'm hoping UW wins this week, because I have tickets to UW/Oregon and would love to see a couple undefeated teams ranked in the top 10 duel on a Saturday afternoon in October.

Carry on gents.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:34 pm
  • One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

I don't blame them for doing so because it's obviously very effective (cutting edge uni's appeal to recruits and the read option wins games), I'm just curious if any Husky fans didn't like the fact that they're obviously mimicking the team they despise so much?
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:43 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

I don't blame them for doing so because it's obviously very effective (cutting edge uni's appeal to recruits and the read option wins games), I'm just curious if any Husky fans didn't like the fact that they're obviously mimicking the team they despise so much?

I'll bite, it feels dirty to me. Really dirty.

However, I do think Sark doing that in one offseason is amazing and a testament to him being a pro-level coach.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:53 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

C,mon man, when you were dressing just like Jordan Knight, did I mock you?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:54 pm
  • I still remember what you did to me when I dressed like Bobby Knight.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:03 pm
  • DohBoy wrote:
    Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

Note: 1.5 could change to 2/3/4 by the time you read this, as someone may have edited the Husky wiki page in the interim to add another one.

Stop reading Wiki's and go read the NCAA books.

Hint: It is more than the "1.5" you stated.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:29 am
  • CallMeADawg wrote:
    DohBoy wrote:
    Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

Stop reading Wiki's and go read the NCAA books.

Hint: It is more than the "1.5" you stated.

Dust those trophies. Be sure the ones from the bronze age don't get too much patina on them. 5 rings.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:29 pm
  • Oh, oh Scott...they're arguing about the decimal points now. Lest we all forget, this is what happened last time:

Thus, let me play the peacemaker: Everybody just keep your shirts on, your Zima's capped and your goatees tight. CWAJGA?
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:41 pm
  • DohBoy wrote:Oh, oh Scott...they're arguing about the decimal points now. Lest we all forget, this is what happened last time:

Thus, let me play the peacemaker: Everybody just keep your shirts on, your Zima's capped and your goatees tight. CWAJGA?

Shirtless guy would have gone 12 rounds and felt no pain. Dude in the black jacket seemed like one of those LETS FIGHT!!! (somebody hold me back so I can look tough but don't really have to fight) types.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:47 pm

I don't really mind for a couple reasons:

1) Everything is a variation off of what somebody else has already done.

2) They don't give out trophies for being first.

3) You can't not do something that's gonna help you win just because another team already did something similar.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Pretty sure the placard play calling was started by Oklahoma State. Nebraska and Oregon were quick to adopt... Kelly certainly has progressed it.

Here's to the Huskies tonight. Be great to have a battle of top 10s next week
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:19 pm
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:
    CallMeADawg wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Healthy dose of UO arrogance. :stirthepot:

Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

But we didn't start writing that book until we had a championship...or 2. UO is re-writing the book and 'From runt to arrogant, Natty? We don't need no stinking Natty' would be a great title for it.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Ok, since Stanford beat Washington now we need Washington to beat Oregon and then Oregon to beat Stanford.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:02 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Ok, since Stanford beat Washington now we need Washington to beat Oregon and then Oregon to beat Stanford.

Gotta be honest, the STanford part of that equation has me pretty worried. We just don't match up well with them if they go to that power formation. Don't mean to kick you while you're down but i'd be shocked if Oregon doesn't cover the spread next week. (If DAT plays. If DAT is out again, then it might be another nail biter.)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:05 pm
  • It's officially my favorite week of the year! Hate Husky week! Boo dogs, yay Ducks!
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:39 pm
  • I don't see how Washington slows down De'Anthony, Addison and Huff with Mariota slinging it.

I mean I dare Washington to stack the box like they did vs Stanford all night. Oregon will light that up.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:52 am
  • cesame wrote:I don't see how Washington slows down De'Anthony, Addison and Huff with Mariota slinging it.

I mean I dare Washington to stack the box like they did vs Stanford all night. Oregon will light that up.

Ok
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:51 am
  • ESPN Gameday announced that they will be there to chronicle the Husky tears.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:14 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:ESPN Gameday announced that they will be there to chronicle the Husky tears.

Awesome news! Cannot wait!
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:36 pm
  • Line opened at 9.5 and has already been pushed up to 14 by betters.

I think Oregon covers.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:05 pm
  • Yeah, let them come in and expect a cakewalk. :twocents:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 pm
  • CallMeADawg wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI-_vxHSQDA

That was pretty awesome. I'm glad both teams are good. Should be a fun game.

Just wait til nikes exploding tennis shoe activates on uw in the 3rd quarter.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:ESPN Gameday announced that they will be there to chronicle the Husky tears.

Awesome news! Cannot wait!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really going to enjoy seeing tens of thousands of purple-&-pee clad dorks/wimps/pussies crying their eyes out after this one. My predictions:

Many lawn mowers will fail to start in the fourth quarter.

Much chardonnay will be consumed by a grieving "hardcore" fanbase.

Many false hopes about "finally arriving" will be tucked away for another season. Again.

Please, if there is a Nike in heaven, kick the shit out of those cupcakes and keep them in their "7/8-Win" malaise. I'm all for letting them have their self-proclaimed "Preseason National Championships"...as long as Sark is there for a long, long time.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:03 pm
  • I'm so happy for Coug fans that they finally have a below average again, instead of stinking up the entire state, they feel they can sit with us.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:18 pm
  • Throwdown, DohBoy is a deity.

Kneel, knave. Deity likes the under...coug.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information