Colts 5 Seahawks 3 :)

BlueShoe

Reaction score
This game should be very entertaining and I believe it will be very competitive. It will likely come down to the last drive. I see the Seahawks and the Colts as two somewhat similar teams. Both have good defenses, outstanding young quarterbacks, and some key playmakers. We also seem to share the same basic concept to run the ball, play good defense, and put the ball in the air when we need to with good success. The old fashion type of smash-mouth football that wins championships. We must be doing something right because New England is trying to be more like our teams. I can’t blame them because it is the only style that can beat the Broncos, if anything can.

I have believed for quite some time now that Lynch is the best RB in the game. Yes, I would pick him over AP. That might sound crazy to most NFL fans, but the dude is the reason the term Beast Mode was created. The run he made against the Saints in the playoffs, a few years back was the most amazing run I have ever seen, and this is coming from an avid Colts fan of 30 years.

I envision Trent Richardson turning into the same type of back one day, and maybe that is wishful thinking, but the raw talent is certainly there.

Richard Sherman is as good of a corner that we have seen in the past decade. I laughed my butt off as he returned the Schaub pass for a TD on Sunday. I heard and interview with David Shaw on the radio a week or so ago and he talked about Sherman as the perfect player to coach. He talked up Sherman and Luck and listening I could tell how proud he was to have coached them both. I am sure the man left a mark on them as well.

We have some underrated corners that are starting gel, and our secondary is very strong, especially when Landry is playing. Toler, Davis, Butler, and Bethea have are living up to their potential together.

This game could very well come down to both teams moving the ball with decent success and which team punches it in the endzone instead of kicking field goals.

You have an awesome team and a lot to be proud of. Here is to both teams coming out of the game healthy and hopefully we can do this twice this year.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
It's hard to say how good Indy's defense is just yet. neither Indy nor Seattle has fared well at stopping the run. Both played SF, a great rushing team. Oakland seems to be able to run the ball. We played Carolina and Houston. However, vs the pass, while Indy looks good statistically, they've faced Miami, Oakland and Jacksonville. Not especially impressive passing teams. Neither is SF at the moment. True, we've faced two of those teams, but our secondary is proven. Last year Indy's pass defense was suspect. So how much of their improvement is them starting to gel and realize their potential and how much of it is just feeding off easy competition?

This Sunday will tell.

From this fans perspective, however, having faced three of the top front 7's in the league the last four games, I'm happy to be facing Indy this week and seeing our offense finally find some rhythm. I'm also looking forward to getting Bruce Irvin back and seeing how Luck plays against our D. The big question is how we'll fare vs your pass rush with our makeshift offensive line? If we can run the ball, which I think we can, then it won't be as bad as against Houston, which should give Wilson some breathing room.

I think it will be a great game, but I think we match up better against Indy than we did against Houston. I'm picking Seattle by 10.

kearly

Reaction score
Colts were a pretender last year. They are for real this time though. Wouldn't be the slightest bit offended if the Colts beat Seattle. Colts were #4 in DVOA last week and that was before they demolished Jacksonville.

OffensivelyPC

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":4k0vsuti said:
It's hard to say how good Indy's defense is just yet. neither Indy nor Seattle has fared well at stopping the run. Both played SF, a great rushing team. Oakland seems to be able to run the ball. We played Carolina and Houston. However, vs the pass, while Indy looks good statistically, they've faced Miami, Oakland and Jacksonville. Not especially impressive passing teams. Neither is SF at the moment. True, we've faced two of those teams, but our secondary is proven. Last year Indy's pass defense was suspect. So how much of their improvement is them starting to gel and realize their potential and how much of it is just feeding off easy competition?

This Sunday will tell.

From this fans perspective, however, having faced three of the top front 7's in the league the last four games, I'm happy to be facing Indy this week and seeing our offense finally find some rhythm. I'm also looking forward to getting Bruce Irvin back and seeing how Luck plays against our D. The big question is how we'll fare vs your pass rush with our makeshift offensive line? If we can run the ball, which I think we can, then it won't be as bad as against Houston, which should give Wilson some breathing room.

I think it will be a great game, but I think we match up better against Indy than we did against Houston. I'm picking Seattle by 10.

Colts fan here. I'm with you, I think one of the keys to this game is the front 7, both in terms of pass rush and run defense. Our secondary isn't quite as strong as yours, but I believe our WR core is better. I really don't forsee a huge passing game from either team. It'll be a war in the trenches and whoever gets to the QB the most and stops the run better than the other team will win this game. Good luck and look forward to the friendly banter and conversations with Hawks fans this week.

DAVE

Reaction score
Thank for your post, but go hawks I feel we have a little more talent than the colts, overall in defense

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
First time I heard "Beast Mode" was in the 90's. On a Transformers cartoon "Beast Wars".

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I will be very interested to see if TRich ever becomes a star. It seemed like a foregone conclusion that he would quickly establish himself as a top 5 RB. I've had him in fantasy last year and this year and watched him quite a bit, and I have never seen so many 1 yard runs. Last week he had 20 carries for only 60 yards. Obviously he is in a brand new offense so he gets a pass, but he really needs to start producing quickly to make that trade worth it. He seems like the kind of RB that the Hawks will absolutely dominate.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
This game in Indy looks to be a really good game. A good test/measuring stick for the Colts and a really good back-to-back road test for the Hawks.

If this game were played in Seattle, I don't think the outcome would be in question.

Thanks for the great post!

hawker84

Reaction score
I too think this will be a very tough game, i however feel Seattle is the better overall team, and definitely better on the defensive side of the ball.

Our O line is still in shambles, but the backups have had a full game to get there feet wet. fortunately we're not facing a player of the caliber of Watt and Cushing, but a very formidible denfense none the less. I would like to see RW challenge your secondary to see how good they really are, I can see Miller playing a big role this sunday, as well as Lynch of course. But my gut tells me it's going to be more of the same, RW scrambling for his life with no time to find recievers let alone do any kind of read progression. hope i'm wrong.

Again thanks for the post, here's to a great competitive game, with no injuries. And good luck the rest of the way.. Denver will be tough to beat at this point i'm afraid, but any given sunday.....

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Welcome, BlueShoe & OPC. Very well-thought-out post to kick off a highly anticipated matchup. This is going to be a very fun game to watch!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This game makes me very nervous.

Seattle is at the quarter mark and their offense really is not showing signs that it's coming together. This matchup is deceivingly poor for us, as Luck has a lot of Wilsonian qualities as far as late game heroics is concerned. Generally the vibe has been we'll get better once we get past these teams with good front 7s (Carolina/SF/Houston). But the Colts are really close to those teams too. They are not as heralded as those others as they are just starting to produce and don't have 'name' rookie talents to warrant hype due to potential. But they are very good and it feels like they are being dismissed. A good unit that is angry and feels disrespected is a bad combination.

I can see this being a let down game for us. And if we go into it with the same performance we did in Houston, we aren't going to see Luck gift us the game. He will finish and we'll end up not being competitive if that comes to pass. I do think that this game is going to require that we have a fully functional offense.

This team really reminds me of Seattle from mid last year in some ways. Not the elite defensive potential we had, but a team beginning to embrace it's defensive identity. They like to win like we do. Hit their opponents harder than they get hit and do it all game long. A win for them against us really validates their system. They'll come to play.

Atradees

Reaction score
:thmusik36: Good Job BlueShoe! Welcome.

5 to 3? i dont see this as a defensive struggle.

The hawks have beaten two or three of the best dlines in football. Two of those games on the road at 10am.

I predict our offense gets better in Indianapolis.

Bruce Irvin is coming back and he hopes to be a factor. Clemons will knock off some more rust.

I beleive the Hawks wideouts are really good for the amount of targets. However the Oline reaks and seems

to be getting worse. BUT if you give Russell Wilson an inch we will win.

Seahawks 31 Colts 14 :thmusik36:

Two men enter........One man leaves!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Welcome, and nice post.

Seattle is going to win this game though. So far this year Luck has struggled the most against good defenses, and Seattle has the best D in the league. He has some turnover tendencies, and Seattle thrives on that.

It'll be a tough win to get, but this is the game Seattle puts every thing together and starts clicking in every aspect of the game. Bruce Irvin is back and HUNGRY. I have a feeling his presence is going to jump start the defense and they'll start playing like they did last season. His impact play will be the reason the offense takes off, that's just how this team works.

Unfortunately for Indy, they drew the return of Bruce.

Here's to an injury free game.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":8xhcne8v said:
Colts were a pretender last year. They are for real this time though. Wouldn't be the slightest bit offended if the Colts beat Seattle. Colts were #4 in DVOA last week and that was before they demolished Jacksonville.
Actually, Kip, they were #4 in VOA. DVOA won't be calculated until this week or next.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I love that we faced adversity this week. It should sharpen our guys going into Indy.

And of course, what I like most about this matchup is that I have tickets :) about to get on a plane for Indy right now

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Sorry, just don't see it. Just went back and watched some of colts games and they were not pretty.

They barely (and should have lost to) beat the 2nd worst team in the NFL at home.
They got beaten by the pretender phins.
They slipped by the hapless whiners.
They stomped the worst team in the NFL (no offense jags).

Not that I would ever under estimate them or say they are a horrible team but I just do not see them as the great force some might like us to think they are. I think we take care of them no problem and continue to roll. Luck is going to make some plays buy looks like he is going to make his share of mistakes as well.

peytonmanning18

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":2mfg62fi said:
Sorry, just don't see it. Just went back and watched some of colts games and they were not pretty.

They barely (and should have lost to) beat the 2nd worst team in the NFL at home.
They got beaten by the pretender phins.
They slipped by the hapless whiners.
They stomped the worst team in the NFL (no offense jags).

Not that I would ever under estimate them or say they are a horrible team but I just do not see them as the great force some might like us to think they are. I think we take care of them no problem and continue to roll. Luck is going to make some plays buy looks like he is going to make his share of mistakes as well.

The thing with the Colts is they are still young and prone to mistakes, yet have the talent to be special so it makes it very hard to predict Colts games IMO. They went 11-5 and lost to Jacksonville last year. I could see them beating Seattle on Sunday and then losing to San Diego or something stupid like that.