Oregon vs. Washington

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1bt5ppcn said:
HawkWow":1bt5ppcn said:
If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )

*note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.

Plug them with duck calls.

While you blow your top, you'll be helping the Ducks find their way home. ; )

jhern87

Reaction score
JSeahawks":17wx1xcm said:
HawkWow":17wx1xcm said:
Why? What did we ever do to the Ducks to deserve the humiliation they crave to bestow upon us...why why why?

Kim Grimolds. Chris Fetters. And Ruth Robbins (I actually kinda like Ruth, but she's wacky when it comes to her Duck hatred).

They are the reason that most Duck fans (at least us message board nerd Duck fans) want to destroy UW. I love UW's new system. I like a lot of your players. I have fun yuckin it up with most of the UW fans on this board, most of y'all are good people. But I don't ever want either of those three that I mentioned to have the satisfaction of UW beating UO.

Aww the Dawgman DB's! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about J. My favorite part was them feeding all the members there that Oregon was about to get the "death penalty" from the NCAA for the recruiting violations. After the slap on the wrist I was front and center in-front of my computer witnessing the meltdown, absolutely priceless.

Anyways, regarding Oregon and UW fans banter; it's always a nice debate. I understand that programs dominate in cycles and that Oregon hasn't won a national championship but their run is still very much underway and they don't show much signs of slowing down. It'll be interesting to hear what UW fans have to say once Oregon does win one, I'm guessing it will sound something like this ".. The 91' Huskies were still much better!". :roll:

I'm still looking forward to playing them in a few weeks and still think that WA isn't deep enough to stay with Oregon for four quarters. I'll have my popcorn ready after the game so I can read Husky forums calling for Sark's head. :D

Laloosh

Reaction score
jhern87":20q94g9c said:
JSeahawks":20q94g9c said:
HawkWow":20q94g9c said:
Why? What did we ever do to the Ducks to deserve the humiliation they crave to bestow upon us...why why why?

Kim Grimolds. Chris Fetters. And Ruth Robbins (I actually kinda like Ruth, but she's wacky when it comes to her Duck hatred).

They are the reason that most Duck fans (at least us message board nerd Duck fans) want to destroy UW. I love UW's new system. I like a lot of your players. I have fun yuckin it up with most of the UW fans on this board, most of y'all are good people. But I don't ever want either of those three that I mentioned to have the satisfaction of UW beating UO.

Aww the Dawgman DB's! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about J. My favorite part was them feeding all the members there that Oregon was about to get the "death penalty" from the NCAA for the recruiting violations. After the slap on the wrist I was front and center in-front of my computer witnessing the meltdown, absolutely priceless.

Anyways, regarding Oregon and UW fans banter; it's always a nice debate. I understand that programs dominate in cycles and that Oregon hasn't won a national championship but their run is still very much underway and they don't show much signs of slowing down. It'll be interesting to hear what UW fans have to say once Oregon does win one, I'm guessing it will sound something like this ".. The 91' Huskies were still much better!". :roll:

I'm still looking forward to playing them in a few weeks and still think that WA isn't deep enough to stay with Oregon for four quarters. I'll have my popcorn ready after the game so I can read Husky forums calling for Sark's head. :D

Yeah, that would be interesting. Problem is that it's not going to happen. UW will win another national championship before Oregon ever wins one.

Go Dawgs!

jhern87

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":9c40ud4o said:
jhern87":9c40ud4o said:
JSeahawks":9c40ud4o said:
HawkWow":9c40ud4o said:

Yeah, that would be interesting. Problem is that it's not going to happen. UW will win another national championship before Oregon ever wins one.

Go Dawgs!

Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3

Laloosh

Reaction score
jhern87":3jd3c42n said:
Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3

Won't break my heart. College football programs ebb and flow. Alternatively, I'll look forward to coming back when Oregon fails to make the title game again this year.

jhern87

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3quboald said:
jhern87":3quboald said:

Won't break my heart. College football programs ebb and flow. Alternatively, I'll look forward to coming back when Oregon fails to make the title game again this year.

Sounds about right.. Husky fans rooting against Oregon more than they root for their own team.

Laloosh

Reaction score
jhern87":lwaknp05 said:
E.C. Laloosh":lwaknp05 said:
jhern87":lwaknp05 said:

Sounds about right.. Husky fans rooting against Oregon more than they root for their own team.

Nope. The Huskies are getting their feet under them. Just a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts.

jhern87

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":hu3l7jsl said:
jhern87":hu3l7jsl said:
E.C. Laloosh":hu3l7jsl said:
jhern87":hu3l7jsl said:

Nope. The Huskies are getting their feet under them. Just a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Getting their feet under them? The Huskies are a lot closer to getting a new coach than getting their "feet under them". I understand being optimistic about your team but lets not act like if Sark doesn't win 9+ games he's not likely out as HC.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think the Huskies look pretty good. If I remember correctly, Oregon had a pretty long "rough patch" before Chip showed up and put them on the map. Like I said, ebb and flow.

jhern87

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":25kgw3x8 said:
I think the Huskies look pretty good. If I remember correctly, Oregon had a pretty long "rough patch" before Chip showed up and put them on the map. Like I said, ebb and flow.

Well see.. You're not remembering right. We won 5 games in 04 and 7 games in 06 but had a 10 win year in 05. Not exactly a "rough patch".

CPHawk

Reaction score
Huskys think UO is going to fall back after signing the top rated RB a year ago, this year UO is going to be signing the #2 RB in the class in Royce Freeman. The kid is the second coming of Adrian Peteson, but bigger 6'1 227. UO just need a Qb who can do enough to keep the d honest, and the I will continue to roll with studs like Tyner and Freeman.

jhern87

Reaction score
CPHawk":2zwj2b63 said:
Huskys think UO is going to fall back after signing the top rated RB a year ago, this year UO is going to be signing the #2 RB in the class in Royce Freeman. The kid is the second coming of Adrian Peteson, but bigger 6'1 227. UO just need a Qb who can do enough to keep the d honest, and the I will continue to roll with studs like Tyner and Freeman.

Whoa now! Loosin those green and yellow goggles a little my man. Freeman is a man child BUT to compare to arguably the greatest ever at the position might be a little much for a HS senior. After all, much of a players potential is above the shoulder pads. Nobody knows what the guys work ethic is like. Not saying you're wrong, just saying lets wait to anoint the man.

Personally I'm excited about new RB commit Tony James out of Florida. Reminds me a lot of a recent RB for Oregon with the same last name. Excited to see how both Freeman and James progress.

CPHawk

Reaction score
jhern87":128t0r5n said:
CPHawk":128t0r5n said:

Whoa now! Loosin those green and yellow goggles a little my man. Freeman is a man child BUT to compare to arguably the greatest ever at the position might be a little much for a HS senior. After all, much of a players potential is above the shoulder pads. Nobody knows what the guys work ethic is like. Not saying you're wrong, just saying lets wait to anoint the man.

Personally I'm excited about new RB commit Tony James out of Florida. Reminds me a lot of a recent RB for Oregon with the same last name. Excited to see how both Freeman and James progress.

You're right of course, but it's hard to not get excited about a kid who has broke every rushing record in a conference that has produced Reggie Bush, Rashaan Salaam, Ricky Williams and Marcus Allen.

James also looks great, UO is stacked at RB for years to come.

drrew

Reaction score
CPHawk":2z05c7jt said:

Just to pile on the absurdity of this, Freeman, while a very good player, and a very good recruit, runs a 4.6 40, and comparing him to Adrian Peterson is laughable. He's not even as highly regarded as Tyner and going back further, doesn't hold a candle to what Jonathan Stewart was as a high school prospect. Again, not knocking Freeman who may turn out to be a very good player, but it's just as likely he waits 3+ years waiting to start behind Coleman and Tyner.

This reminds me of a guy who used to post on the dawgman basketball boards. Was convinced that Artem Wallace as a HS prospect was the second coming of Dirk Nowitzki.

DohBoy

Reaction score
jhern87":2603v1pu said:
You mean this guy?:

LbkxXEA

You'd better be careful: Kimmie has anonymous sources telling him once again that the NCAA is going to hammer Oregon. I'd suggest you go talk about it on MuttMan, but of course you have to buy a subscription first. Ironic that a bunch of hardcore, badass football fans are so thin-skinned like that...somehow reminds me of the mods on 49ersWebZone.com.