Your USC Coaching Predictions

pehawk

Reaction score
Of course they'll play for Sark, but his next gig is on Sundays.

Jeff Fisher is a good one. A way for him to exit that St Louis mess.

Del Rio is a good one.

Here's an odd one; Holmgren.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Herm is a perfect one. And, Herm needs to be coaching, IMO. He's a likable dude, too likable to not be pacing the sidelines somewhere. And, USC is the 33rd NFL job, basically.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Fisher will turn them down, he has no interest in college.
If they offer Sark, he's gone.

Let's remember SC has had a hell of a time getting a HC the last 2 times. Pete called them for a long time until they gave him a shot, and Kiffy was not at the top of he list either.

drdiags

Reaction score
Since I have no clue about College ball, I will just post what I recently saw on twitter:

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 25m
Names #USC is expected to consider: Sumlin; Chris Petersen, Sark, James Franklin, Jack Del Rio: http://cbsprt.co/14UV4jk

Sumlin is the Texas A&M guy, right? He supposedly loves the West coast so maybe he leverages Johnny Football's success into a great opportunity?

Dungy wouldn't be a bad choice, but he seems to be getting senile like us other old folks. Haden has to make a splash so it will be interesting to see who he goes after.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Dungy would be perfect. He needs to be on the sidelines as well.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Gruden will be just like the Callahan experiment in Nebraska. I don't get the love people have for Gruden, he yanks his Qb every other game. He is a Qb killer.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Gruden would be 10x the recruiter that Callahan was. Not to mention he reminds me a bit of Carroll when it comes to the rah-rah positivity he shows on T.V. And, hey, if he does get the job and ends up screwing it up by being a "QB killer", then as a UW fan I'm perfectly ok with it.

Donn2390

Reaction score
pehawk":11cvalez said:
Dungy would be perfect. He needs to be on the sidelines as well.
Dungy isn't pretty enough, and most likely wouldn't be interested.. USC not only needs a great coach, but he has to be Hollywood. They won't select some worn out old retread. They need a PC clone.
I've been a Pat Haden fan since watching him play high school ball. I have complete faith on him picking a winner.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Everybody bags on Kiffin, but its funny how teams often hire coaches to shepherd them through sanctions then fire them for underperformance when they are down 30 scholarships.

Haden will get a top name, I think he understands what needs to be done.

I also think there is no way Sark leaves for USC. Just because he was an assistant there doesn't mean he has some deep ties. If BYU came calling I'd be more concerned.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I just don't see any of those NFL coaches mentioned going there.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Herm Edwards thirded. That guy has great college coach written all over him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sark looks to have gotton on top of things finally at Washington, he's not a USC Alum so that connection isn't there, he did assist there but I don't think he bails on UW at this point. I do think they go after a high profile guy that has a history to right the ship of embarrassment.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing SC going to a spread option attack. They seem pretty tied to their traditional offense down in LA.