Oregon vs. Washington

HawkWow

Reaction score
Personally, I've found this thread to be entertaining. A bit surprised by the Oregon fan base complaining that we Dawg fans are not giving UO their due respect. I mean, it's Ducks vs. Dawgs, what would you expect? I hope the day never comes when the fanbase of the two teams sit around trying to out-do one another with flattery and compliments. That would just be creepy...and in some respects, disrespectful. When we no longer have this bitter rivalry, that will likely signal that one, if not both, of the teams are no longer a threat to each other. Sorta' the way I (now) feel about USC. They suck too badly to hate.

The above aside, I am probably as hardcore of a Dawg fan as anyone should care to be. I'm sick. But not so sick to where I can't identify the greatness of any given team. I've made it clear that THIS Dawg fan in particular, thinks UO is not only the best team in the country, but the most entertaining....by a long shot. Do I like the Ducks? HELL NO! I hate 'em. But they are the team to beat, IMO, and if that doesn't warrant respect, you are disrespecting the team for reasons aside from football, IMO.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The issue is, just like with Dawgso, the thread isn't about the game, its about the posturing between the two programs and the constant attempt at illegitimizing the other program. Did I just make up the word illegitimizing? My spell check thinks so.

The UW argument "You have no history"
The Oregon argument "All you have is ancient history"

Round and round we go. This should be a fascinating game, shame that the game itself always gets passed over and we get thread after thread of this bs. Isn't the Smack Shack for this kind of crap?

DohBoy

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1taiuo0r said:

It's sort of funny...

The 40-Whiner argument "You have no history"
The Seahawk argument "All you have is ancient history"

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DohBoy":1gv46rjt said:
seahawk2k":1gv46rjt said:

It's sort of funny...

And both the ducks and the seahawks have a really legit chance to make history this year. I just hope at least one of them can do it. I'd prefer the seahawks, but would gladly take the ducks as well. Both of them winning it all would be unbelievable for me

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Best of luck to them, and I am looking forward to seeing them play in Seattle. (Both!)

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2rufns7h said:
DohBoy":2rufns7h said:
seahawk2k":2rufns7h said:

It's sort of funny...

And both the ducks and the seahawks have a really legit chance to make history this year. I just hope at least one of them can do it. I'd prefer the seahawks, but would gladly take the ducks as well. Both of them winning it all would be unbelievable for me

Hm. As a huge Husky and Seahawk fan, this is where I disagree. I would take a UW National Championship over a Seahawk Super Bowl every time. I'm not exactly sure why, but it would mean a good deal more to me....and I would go CRAZY over a Super Bowl.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Yikes...

I'm taking the Super Bowl, after the darkness that was 2008 for Seattle sports, a Super Bowl would be the best thing to make us forget it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":15y0j9si said:
JSeahawks":15y0j9si said:

Hm. As a huge Husky and Seahawk fan, this is where I disagree. I would take a UW National Championship over a Seahawk Super Bowl every time. I'm not exactly sure why, but it would mean a good deal more to me....and I would go CRAZY over a Super Bowl.

I'm not a UO grad though. That might make me feel different. I'm just a fan.

Seahawks are my passion and my obsession. Ducks are just like a really fun hobby

Fun stat that I just came across: Marcus Mariota in his last 10 games has 32 touchdowns (24 passing, 8 rushing) and only 1 interception.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
A Seahawks win in a Super Bowl is the absolute apex of things I want to happen in sports. WSU could win 10 National Titles in a row, the Super Bowl would still be sweeter.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3o8nzljv said:
ChrisB Bacon":3o8nzljv said:
JSeahawks":3o8nzljv said:

Seahawks are my passion and my obsession. Ducks are just like a really fun hobby

Fun stat that I just came across: Marcus Mariota in his last 10 games has 32 touchdowns (24 passing, 8 rushing) and only 1 interception.

I don't go to UW either. I play baseball at a CC in the Seattle area.

I have been going to games since I was born, though. And they're my real passion. Hawks are too, but Dawgs are #1.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":35q2n9hf said:
JSeahawks":35q2n9hf said:
ChrisB Bacon":35q2n9hf said:
JSeahawks":35q2n9hf said:

I don't go to UW either. I play baseball at a CC in the Seattle area.

I have been going to games since I was born, though. And they're my real passion. Hawks are too, but Dawgs are #1.

My grandfather has multiple masters degrees from UW, and served as the Dean of Admissions for decades. My father, and my aunts all graduated from UW. I have an AA in Business from BC and start at UW in Fall 2014. I am not a kid (34 years old) but when I decided to go to school, there was no other place I wanted to go than UW. It's literally in my blood to be a Dawg, hate Cougars, and despise Ducks. :)

Thus, if folks took my comments as being highly negative toward Oregon. You know why now. I was raised that way. GO DAWGS!

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Like a sizeable portion of UW fans, I bet the "BC" this gentlemen is referring to is Bellevue Community College, now known as "Bellevue College" as his place of prior education.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":2q3818fe said:
JSeahawks":2q3818fe said:
DohBoy":2q3818fe said:
seahawk2k":2q3818fe said:

It's sort of funny...

I wrestle with this every minute I'm awake. Extra tough year, because this is the first Hawk team that I love as much as the Dawgs....at least this minute. Yeah today it's the Hawks / SB. But that could change here in a few hrs. I suppose the reality factor sometimes straightens out my emotions. I think the Hawks have about a 33% chance of winning it all and the Dawgs about a 3% chance. So there's that.

I just paused before submitting to see if the new minute brought a change of heart. It didn't. So 2 minutes in a row, I'm down with the Hawks. I think it's partially because this Hawk team is so young and Carroll brings a college like excitement to the field. This is likely why this is by far my favorite Hawk team of all time. This is not my favorite Dawg team, by far, so there's that too. I'm just sorta' rambling now. Please carry on.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The Hawks have my attention as far as excitement around winning it all goes. UW I have higher expectations for this year, and that will quickly escalate if they knock off Stanford, and if they manage to beat Oregon in Seattle... My friends will never see me on weekends ever again (unless they come here to watch games!)

HawkWow

Reaction score
If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkWow":21lnn6b8 said:
If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )

*note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2p8p5akm said:
HawkWow":2p8p5akm said:

*note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.

Healthy dose of UO arrogance. :stirthepot: