OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
cesame":26z9b5nx said:
CallMeADawg":26z9b5nx said:
Insightful response. Thanks.

Tell me why I should continue responding to your double-sided argument?

Pick a side and stick with it, then MAYBE I'll continue this discussion.

That said I'd rather let it die. I've proven my points enough.

You proved that you do not "discuss" things, you do not read, digest and respond to things others say to you, and you have a pre-fabricated perspective you choose not to budge on. That's fine - just don't go around blaming it on some false double sided argument or other ways of attempting to invalidate the things presented to you by others.

Just say, hey this is my opinion and I am sticking to that. I can respect that. You have proven nothing though. I presented facts and data, you presented thoughts and opinions.

That is all.

cesame

Reaction score
Lol. If that's what makes you feel better.

Now this is done.

HawkWow

Reaction score
We've played a couple mid-level finesse teams. Teams designed to outscore their opponent and have that "whoever has the ball last" flavor to them. We won't know what we have until Stanford. Anxious to see if the O line and KP stands up to the increase in pressure.

I am certain we have a top 20 team this year, not certain where in that 20 we rightfully belong. Go Dawgs.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Progress is good though. I think our QB of the future, is going to turn some heads.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Funny that UW fans can't talk about the upcoming game. All they can do is bring up fake titles that some obscure organization handed out that no one cared about then, and no one cares about now.

But hey maybe someday when UO has 5 10 win seasons in a row and wins by an avg of 28 points a game, UW fans will give us credit. Because at the end if the day, that's all we really care about. :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
CPHawk":25xkca59 said:
Funny that UW fans can't talk about the upcoming game. All they can do is bring up fake titles that some obscure organization handed out that no one cared about then, and no one cares about now.

But hey maybe someday when UO has 5 10 win seasons in a row and wins by an avg of 28 points a game, UW fans will give us credit. Because at the end if the day, that's all we really care about. :sarcasm_off:

This thread isn't about UW vs Arizona. That "obscure organization" is the NCAA. You Duck fans are aware that you play in the NCAA right?

:sarcasm_on: But hey, maybe someday UO will wake up and realize that Rose Bowls are better than Fiesta Bowls. I would give you guys credit if you could do that. :sarcasm_off:

CPHawk

Reaction score
the NCAA has never named UW champs in any men's sport. Rose bowls are average now, but keep that as your goal.

For the record, unlike you, I'm not trying to put UW down. They accomplished a lot under James, and shared a title(not NCAA) with Miami. UO would have done the same thing in 2010, but we have fixed that issue. UO played and lost in the title game. I'm ok with that, that's a great great season.

For the record some organization named QPRS gave their title to UW in 84, and in 90 some other no name rothman gave UW their title. Neither of which matters, it ranks right up there with being named champs by the Tacoma news tribune.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I get the feeling that "CallMeADawg" is Dawgso under a different name, changed the background, writes differently, but argument is exactly the same.

Here's what I don't get, UW fans seem to constantly demean Oregon's success, or attempt to not even acknowledge that it is actually success. Not just UW fans either, I was in Pullman this weekend for the WSU game talking to a fellow alumni about how much he hates Oregon, and that they are cheating in a way with Phil Knight. Silly argument, but its not solitary UW's.

Let's say UW beats Oregon next month, Husky Stadium will go absolutely crazy, and I'm willing to bet people will storm the field and the UW campus will party as well as they can. Softy will take the air in the postgame show choking back tears at the greatness of the moment, yada yada yada. It will be a lot of celebrating for a win against a non elite program.

I've never understood the need and desire to demean an opponent, when you beat them, it demeans the achievement of victory. It's ridiculous.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
First, this is my only name on this board. I don't really post all that often, but I enjoy debate over college football. :) Oregon has been very successful over the last decade. I would never take that away from them. Their fans on the other hand, can pound sand.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
CPHawk":2bcf7z6k said:
the NCAA has never named UW champs in any men's sport. Rose bowls are average now, but keep that as your goal.

Really now? The NCAA has never named UW champs in any men's sport? That's a bold statement to make dude, and its horribly inaccurate. The NCAA credits Washington with 4 national championships for men's football. The Pac-12 does not recognize any poll-based championships. Perhaps that is what you meant to say? Or perhaps you were discrediting WA for its men's Rowing championships? (Of which it has won 16 times, and currently 3 years in a row... heh) but the NCAA doesn't govern those.

Rose Bowls are average? WTF?

CPHawk

Reaction score
The NCAA football champs last year wasn't Alabama it was ND State.

And yeah welcome to 2013, the goal is to go to Miami this year, not the rose bowl. Next year it will be to go to the playoffs.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The Division I-AA champs were ND State. True story and GO BISON (and GO E. WA Eagles for that matter) Try looking at a NCAA Record Book sometime, the NCAA recognizes 4 Division I-A UW national championship titles. Now the funny and arguable part of it all is, they recognize more than one team in all of them, even the 1960 National Championship, which is noted for both the Minnesota Gophers and the Huskies, even though the Huskies beat the Gophers that year in the Rose Bowl. :)

Kind of glad they are moving to a real playoff system. the BCS and the Poll system is a joke. As of right now (this season) you play in the Pac-12 for the Rose Bowl, and if you play well enough, you look to the BCS National Championship game instead. As stated before, anything less is a consolation prize. The King of the Pac-12 will play in one of those two games. The rest play elsewhere.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This will be my first game at Husky Stadium since I wasn't able to attend this weekend (I figured I'd watch one W for sure ha). But I have watched all of UWs games.

This time we can keep up with Oregon. I still think the quacks have better personnel overall, but the divide is considerably smaller than just last year.

This is a winnable game at home.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3p70h04c said:
I get the feeling that "CallMeADawg" is Dawgso under a different name, changed the background, writes differently, but argument is exactly the same.

I'm inclined to agree.

Either way, this guy is a grade A troll that should have gotten the axe already. The UW/Oregon game isn't for 3 weeks.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SonicHawk":11z622ii said:
This will be my first game at Husky Stadium since I wasn't able to attend this weekend (I figured I'd watch one W for sure ha). But I have watched all of UWs games.

This time we can keep up with Oregon. I still think the quacks have better personnel overall, but the divide is considerably smaller than just last year.

This is a winnable game at home.

Look at the offensive and defensive lines for the ducks. That's where they still have a huge advantage and where the game will be won. Uw has the skill players to compete, but not the guys in the trenches yet, IMO.

DohBoy

Reaction score
***Little Rant***

You'd think that the perfect forum to discuss this would be DawgMan. You know, where Quack and Mutt fans could engage each other in a heated thread that would be interesting for all Pac-12 fans to peruse.

That said, Kimmie Grinolds is a complete c___. I mean, he took his purple Nerf and ran home when he decided to make DawgMan a subscription-only forum; talk about a thin-skinned baby. Apparently, he couldn't handle being called out repeatedly due to his "sources" wrongly telling him Oregon was going to get hammered with NCAA sanctions. Now the little twat is posting garbage about Leach leaving Pullman for USC or Texas. If continually pulling stuff out of your ass and then attributing it to "anonymous sources" is sports jouranlism, Kimmie deserves a Murrow Award.

Of course, he does sell real estate for a living...which puts him just slightly above Saul Goodman (or Colin Kaepernick) on the DB food chain.

***Little Rant Over***

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2p0f0ksh said:
seahawk2k":2p0f0ksh said:

I'm inclined to agree.

Either way, this guy is a grade A troll that should have gotten the axe already. The UW/Oregon game isn't for 3 weeks.

A troll because I have an opinion on the matter? This thread spawned from another discussion and the Mod asked to have Oregon v Washington debates put into its own thread - thus why this is here.

I fail to see how any of this constitutes trolling.

Also, I am not that other poster.