Lets NOT talk mariners

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Lets NOT talk mariners
Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:11 pm
  • Its been a been a broken record for quite a bit, no need to revisit them until they are relevant.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Lets NOT talk mariners
Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:35 pm
  • Lol you'll never talk about them again, salute
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:48 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Lol you'll never talk about them again, salute

whats that supposed to mean
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:08 pm
  • You said no need to revisit them until they're relevant again, it ain't gonna happen.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:03 am
  • Throwdown wrote:You said no need to revisit them until they're relevant again, it ain't gonna happen.

Any Ms fan that is honest with themselves would have to agree.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:01 am
  • Don't even start you bums. I know it's hard to be a mariners fan but for the die hards we will always hope the big turn is just around the next corner. As any of us would be for the hawks if they sucked.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:47 am
  • Ownership is the biggest difference. PA doesn't like losing and does everything in his power to prevent it.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:38 pm
  • Be a winner and talk Dodgers.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:25 pm
  • 425HawkSpark wrote:Don't even start you bums. I know it's hard to be a mariners fan but for the die hards we will always hope the big turn is just around the next corner. As any of us would be for the hawks if they sucked.

Hawks never stood in the way of the Sports Scene taking 8 steps forward after falling 5 steps back a few years ago. Hawks deserve the love they have earned, M's? Not so much.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:29 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    425HawkSpark wrote:Don't even start you bums. I know it's hard to be a mariners fan but for the die hards we will always hope the big turn is just around the next corner. As any of us would be for the hawks if they sucked.

Hawks never stood in the way of the Sports Scene taking 8 steps forward after falling 5 steps back a few years ago. Hawks deserve the love they have earned, M's? Not so much.

I never understood the "need" to get behind an inferior product. Only in sports are you supposed to be stoked about a garbage product. Ya man, I know this bread is always stale, but screw you man, I'm a true blue fan! I'm going to eat this nasty bread like a boss, you just watch me!

Really though, I have a crazy amount of respect for folks who haven't given up on the Marners, wait Milners, wait, what the heck is that teams name again?
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:31 pm
  • I'm a diehard M's fan and will always be interested in talking Mariners. Seahawks fans suffered through the 90's, I can suffer through this. They'll be relevant again, can't guarantee it'll be in my lifetime (I'm still in my early 20's), but it'll happen someday. Hopefully.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Be a winner and talk Dodgers.

Real Talk
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:19 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Ownership is the biggest difference. PA doesn't like losing and does everything in his power to prevent it.

Because Behring was so committed to winning.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:17 am
  • jkitsune wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:Ownership is the biggest difference. PA doesn't like losing and does everything in his power to prevent it.

Because Behring was so committed to winning.

Does Behring own the Seahawks?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:32 pm
  • No. But he did, and to anyone who cites poor ownership as a valid reason for abandoning their home team (the Mariners), I can only assume that they would have bailed on the Seahawks during the Behring years. If they didn't, then I wonder why the inconsistency?
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:34 pm
  • The whole "the M's ownership doesn't care about winning" argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Up until the end of the Bavasi years they made sure the M's were consistently top 10 in payroll. You don't invest that much money into a team if you don't care about winning. Sure, they care about profits but winning equals profits. They know that, everyone knows that. They aren't dumb, they want to field a winning team if only to increase the teams profitability.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:12 pm
  • They tried to sabotage my Sonics so screw them until Lincoln and Co. is gone. I'll always silently root for the team but the FO gets nothing from me.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:57 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:They tried to sabotage my Sonics so screw them until Lincoln and Co. is gone. I'll always silently root for the team but the FO gets nothing from me.

Pretty much, I'll watch the standings, but I won't watch or go to the games.

I don't even know the team outside of Ackley and Hernandez.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:11 pm
  • That's a legit reason to hate the M's ownership.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:40 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:The whole "the M's ownership doesn't care about winning" argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Up until the end of the Bavasi years they made sure the M's were consistently top 10 in payroll. You don't invest that much money into a team if you don't care about winning. Sure, they care about profits but winning equals profits. They know that, everyone knows that. They aren't dumb, they want to field a winning team if only to increase the teams profitability.

That's debateable. They want to win at THEIR price and THEIR terms period, and not a penny more. Where was that "winning attitude" when Lou wanted another bat, when Seattle was on the cusp of going to the World Series in 2001, not to be found as the m's wallet was slammed shut right in their managers face.

Do you think the M's past 10 years of general suck was just dumb luck?????

Nope, it was inept ownership and an inept upper front office, see Chuck Armstrong and Howard Lincoln in particular! To believe otherwise is naive at best!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:39 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:That's debateable. They want to win at THEIR price and THEIR terms period, and not a penny more. Where was that "winning attitude" when Lou wanted another bat, when Seattle was on the cusp of going to the World Series in 2001, not to be found as the m's wallet was slammed shut right in their managers face.

Do you think the M's past 10 years of general suck was just dumb luck?????

Nope, it was inept ownership and an inept upper front office, see Chuck Armstrong and Howard Lincoln in particular! To believe otherwise is naive at best!

I'm not arguing that the ownership hasn't played a part in the M's suckage. Of course they have. What I'm arguing against is the belief that they are purposefully holding this team back, a ridiculous concept. The ownership sucks, they've made terrible decisions, but they do care about winning as evidence by their willingness to provide the M's with ample funds up until the end of the Bavasi era. They're biggest mistake thus far, at least as the Mariners are concerned, has been hiring crap managers that can't put a decent product on the field with the cash provided.

I'm not going to comment on them not supporting Lou because that happened before I was a fan and I don't know the details. I do know, however, that after 2006 when Bavasi thought he could make this team a contender they had no problem increasing the team salary from $87 million to $107 million the very next season to oblige him. They're not afraid to give out cash, but they suck at finding people to manage that cash. Giving that kind of money to Bavasi was idiotic.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:47 pm
  • Yet you keep talking about them.

lol
    dumbrabbit
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:41 pm
  • A friend tweeted this too me..ha ha

Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:24 am
  • Trrrroy wrote:The whole "the M's ownership doesn't care about winning" argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Up until the end of the Bavasi years they made sure the M's were consistently top 10 in payroll. You don't invest that much money into a team if you don't care about winning. Sure, they care about profits but winning equals profits. They know that, everyone knows that. They aren't dumb, they want to field a winning team if only to increase the teams profitability.

The Ms are very profitable while always losing--TV deals mainly. Investing in highly-paid players only cuts into the revenue stream.
    DYSFUNCTIONAL NINERS WON'T MAKE PLAYOFFS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/?p=6451
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 pm
  • I want the mariners' season over so badly so I don't have to suffer through any more discussion about the team during football season on sports radio during my drive home from work. Screw em!
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:53 pm
  • You beat me to it. Why does the local stations still broadcast their games. who cares any more? catch me next season, i want to hear football talk on my drive home not a mariner game where i don't recognize half the names in the lineup. enough already, call it a season, regroup, try again next year. now GTF Off my radio.....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:26 pm
  • I have been a die hard M's fan for as along as I can remember, and I've never been more apathetic about them then I am right now. They have the facilities and the revenue stream to be competitive, but ownership sucks and management is absolutely, positively atrocious. There is no excuse for this franchise to be in the state that it's in.

Wake me when the team is sold.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:44 pm
  • have they reached historically bad levels yet?
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:09 am
  • falcongoggles wrote:have they reached historically bad levels yet?

www.google.com

Try it
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:43 pm
  • People still watch baseball?
    Browncoat
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:04 am
  • 425HawkSpark wrote:Don't even start you bums. I know it's hard to be a mariners fan but for the die hards we will always hope the big turn is just around the next corner. As any of us would be for the hawks if they sucked.

there is no bigger mariners fan than me on this board, been one since day 1... i have honestly watched maybe 10 full games in the last 2 seasons because i have simply had enough of the BS. I'll always be a fan, but until the ownership shows me they are serious about putting a competitive team on the field, i will be watching from afar. I will not financially support an organization that is ok with losing, by attending games or buying merchandise. Screw that enjoying a nice day at the ballpark and soaking up the aptmosphere crap, i want to see winning baseball again..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:09 am
  • I am a fan of baseball but not of the Ms until they field a competitive team. They lost me as a fan and they have to win me back. I am not about to spend one dime on an organization is this messed up. The front office has said they are accountable. I don't see that reflected on the field.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:23 am
  • Don't worry folks, they are saved now that jack z signed a one year extension! You know since he has done such an awesome job so far. Oh wait they still suck..
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:55 pm
  • take a look at Paxtons and Walkers stats since they were called up, the mariners have a nice rotation next year!
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:32 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:take a look at Paxtons and Walkers stats since they were called up, the mariners have a nice rotation next year!

Can they hit though? This team still has no offense!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:58 am
  • We had such an abysmal 3-4-5 rotation this year. Offense was a step in the right direction this year - what are we, fourth in home runs? Second to last in average I am sure. But our starting pitching really wasn't as good as I had expected, aside from Felix/Kuma.

I'll agree with the September posts on here in that even though I am a die-hard baseball fan, the Mariners are struggling to keep my attention anymore.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:37 pm
  • Well the baseball season is over for M's fans, and now it's Seahawk season.. Nothing like the long drive home from work hoping to hear some Hawk talk, only having to listen to the fricken MLB playoffs on my local ESPN station.. What's worse than being forced to listen to your loser team's games when you know they aren't sniffing the post season? that would be listening to two other teams you could care less about in a playoff game. Thanks ESPN 1340 for rubbing more salt in my wounds..

GO Cougs!!!! ouch
    Go M's!!! the agony
    Go Sonics!!! getting numb now
    Go Hawks!!! ahhh, that's better
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information