Will the End Zones be blue Sunday night?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
My understanding that they keep them green during the Sounders season. They play at home on Friday and then not again until Sept 29th. It may be more work to get them blue, but assuming it would be dry in time, they have to do it for this game right?

Here is hoping we see many Seahawk TDs celebrated in beautiful blue end zones this Sunday!

By the way: Save your "soccer is stupid" responses for another thread. I love the Sounders, and negativity about the sport just isn't going to fly in this city.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was just down at the stadium a couple hours back, they still have the stupid soccer field on there, and no Hawks painting on the field, anywhere.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3b96exif said:
I was just down at the stadium a couple hours back, they still have the stupid soccer field on there, and no Hawks painting on the field, anywhere.

And this drives me crazy. It should be a football field only. It started out as "Seahawks Stadium"...

Drives me batty that they desecrate it with that European sport where you can't use your hands. I know, I know...the Soounders are wildly popular and there are lots of soccer fans. I get it. But it doesn't mean I have to like it! :stirthepot:

Cartire

Reaction score
I've watched them prep the field before. Takes them about half a day.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Barthawk":3q48tct1 said:
Greg- the soccer lobby helped us get the stadium vote passed.. I loved the blue endzones.. it was awesome seeing them for the Rams game at the end last year..

I know. Like I said, I get it...

But I'm 100% football.

m0ng0

Reaction score
you will see lots of blue helmets in those endzones....that should suffice

Basis4day

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":134xnf9g said:
Barthawk":134xnf9g said:
Greg- the soccer lobby helped us get the stadium vote passed.. I loved the blue endzones.. it was awesome seeing them for the Rams game at the end last year..

But I'm 100% football.

Sounders are football.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":lrf8fif2 said:

Sounders are playing at the Clink on Friday, why would they have Hawk painting on the field?

OP
OP
Missing_Clink

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":lxdosbay said:
Basis4day":lxdosbay said:
Sounders are football.

Incorrect. This is America.

:th2thumbs:

Ironic that you are so pro-America and yet you apparently do not support capitalism. If you supported capitalism, surely you could see the value in putting a wildly popular soccer team into a giant stadium where lots of people will happily pay money to come watch, rather than have that giant stadium sit there unused.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1oewztdv said:
Barthawk":1oewztdv said:

But I'm 100% football.

Don't worry Greg, I'm a member of your club.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
...The Sounders...lol.

MLS is the CFL of the soccer world.

Blue End Zones for every home game.

Go Hands.