Good article from Deadspin on the record attempt

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
It is not going to be easy guys. Why aren't the Hawks going to participate? The article makes it sound like the Hawks organization isn't supporting the record attempt. Is that true? They aren't going to help organize the attempt by utilizing the scoreboard to rally/focus the crowd while "Volume 12" is trying to set the record? I assumed that they were fully on board, but the article implies that the organization couldn't care less about this record. Seems like the Turkish soccer club's fans were aided by their organization.

http://deadspin.com/seahawks-fans-will- ... 1300833145

hawker84

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the team, this is a fan thing. We will not be coached on when to yell, such as 1,2 , 3 scream, it will be natural... I'm sure the team supports it, but will not be participating in the actual attempt

OP
OP
BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3ah09ahr said:
Whether we win or not will depend on where they take the measurement.

Smokin'Hawk, what do you mean by that? Can you please explain. This Sunday will be my first visit to C-Link, so I am unfamiliar with the acoustics.

Axx

Reaction score
Im sure the beast quake could beat that record

Axx

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":2drwj9zv said:
SmokinHawk":2drwj9zv said:
Whether we win or not will depend on where they take the measurement.

Smokin'Hawk, what do you mean by that? Can you please explain. This Sunday will be my first visit to C-Link, so I am unfamiliar with the acoustics.

The sound bounces off the concave ceiling which bounces back onto the field.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If Kaep throws a pick six to Sherman that record is instantly toast

HansGruber

Reaction score
Have you seen the video of the Turkish soccer fans setting the record?

If we fail to beat it, the only explanation would be the recording of crowd noise in Turkey was not accurate. Because that crowd was a joke. I've been to many NFL stadiums and most are a lot louder than this:

[youtube]ogkvbW02mj0[/youtube]

lobohawk

Reaction score
The only thing I could see which might be cool is if the scoreboard had a bar meter that rose with the volume. We had one in college (using bulbs) which just added to the fervor to reach the red light at the top. Course it was a little silly, as ours was just some dude turning a dial to make it go up, but it was still fun to a bunch of drunk college kids.

themunn

Reaction score
HansGruber":10cfrtco said:
Have you seen the video of the Turkish soccer fans setting the record?

If we fail to beat it, the only explanation would be the recording of crowd noise in Turkey was not accurate. Because that crowd was a joke. I've been to many NFL stadiums and most are a lot louder than this:

[youtube]ogkvbW02mj0[/youtube]

That's because you're in the stadium and not watching a video on youtube.

Beastquake doesn't sound that loud when you watch it on youtube either.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":12r35ziq said:
The only thing I could see which might be cool is if the scoreboard had a bar meter that rose with the volume. We had one in college (using bulbs) which just added to the fervor to reach the red light at the top. Course it was a little silly, as ours was just some dude turning a dial to make it go up, but it was still fun to a bunch of drunk college kids.

They've done this at the Clink in the past, frankly it's lame, as you note, it's not accurate, it's not a meter, and just stupid. 12s don't like it, it's a distraction.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I can hear it already:

"False start, San Francisco, 10 yard penalty, repeat second down."

"Delay of game, offense, number 7"

So let it be written, so let it be done!! :les:

HawkWow

Reaction score
The "10 yd penalty" you mention. Typo or reference to the ineptitude of the officials?

hoxrox

Reaction score
HawkWow":3aqxhmn5 said:
The "10 yd penalty" you mention. Typo or reference to the ineptitude of the officials?

5 yards, that is. I'm used to hearing the 10 yard holding penalties we've been getting. :)

Hope that's not an issue for us this weekend.

TyrantHawk

Reaction score
132 dbA is going to be difficult, nearly impossible. I've measured it from my seats several times and never seen it above 124 dbA, even the Saints playoff game.
I don't believe a Turkish soccer stadium actually hit 132. No way in hell.
But I'll have fun trying to help get it there.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sounds to me like it'll be an actual "gimmick" in the game, maybe even between plays, like those stupid races or something. I could be wrong, but it doesn't sound like they're just going to take random samplings of crowd noise throughout and see if it breaks the record.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
People need to know when they are measuring. I think when the Legion of BOOM comes out would be a good time.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
This whole thing is stupid and most fans won't care or try. I'm saving my voice for when it matters.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
TyrantHawk":249k9jmz said:
132 dbA is going to be difficult, nearly impossible. I've measured it from my seats several times and never seen it above 124 dbA, even the Saints playoff game.
I don't believe a Turkish soccer stadium actually hit 132. No way in hell.
But I'll have fun trying to help get it there.

I have to agree here. Every 3DB is essentially double the volume.