Kap's test: Seattle Safeties

Hawknight

Reaction score
Seattle’s star safeties will present stiffer test for Kaepernick
Posted on September 11, 2013 at 3:37 pm by Eric Branch in 49ers

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/09/11 ... ffer-test/

The Seahawks, who also boast top-end cornerbacks in Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner, weren’t fooled by the 49ers in December. In a 42-13 loss in Seattle, Kaepernick had the lowest completion percentage (52.8) and passer rating (72.0) of his 11-start career.

Today, the tight-lipped quarterback offered one of his more expansive responses when asked about that defeat in his sixth career start. Could his struggles in Seattle be attributed to the strength of the Seahawks’ defense?

“We performed bad as a team,” Kaepernick said. We played bad that game. We’re going up there to try to prove that’s not who we are.”

He's already forgotten the 12th man....Prepare to play bad again Kap!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
God I despise that team.

How early do they let people in the stadium?

GawksAtHawks

Reaction score
Hate to say it but I agree with him. They did play bad as a team that day, the whole team played like poo, and i have no doubt they haven't forgot why. I see this game going more like the game in seattle 2 years ago except we win this time because we have Wilson now and not T-jack...

mretrade

Reaction score
the 49ers defense played a lot worse than the offense in that game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mretrade":1p2vkhew said:
the 49ers defense played a lot worse than the offense in that game.
That's debatable! Your team crapped the bed in ALL phases here last year. Your vaulted offense only scored a TD in garbage time against 2's and 3's. Expect more of the same Sunday night!

ensett

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they played bad in ALL phases. They ran pretty decent, they just didn't run very much

Starrman44

Reaction score
ensett":31cqklrf said:
I wouldn't say they played bad in ALL phases. They ran pretty decent, they just didn't run very much

When he says all phase, I think he means Offense, Defense, Special Teams. Either way, I hope it's a repeat...

Hawks46

Reaction score
I hope they let us play and not throw a bunch of pussy flags.

Boldin is neither fast or elusive. I could see Chancellor knocking him into next week.

acbass

Reaction score
He can say whatever makes him feel better. I will never forget that look on his face when he realized he had never seen anything like what he was facing in that last game. It was like looking at a child caught in the middle of a war zone. The fear was real. Sunday night will give him PTSD.

TJH

Reaction score
They're a much better team than they showed last year. Anyone expecting another blowout is going to be disappointed.

Rocket

Reaction score
bestfightstory":6v3mkls9 said:
God I despise that team.

How early do they let people in the stadium?

Don't start screamin' too early Bro, you'll ruin your wonderful singing voice.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TJH":1896qq0h said:
They're a much better team than they showed last year. Anyone expecting another blowout is going to be disappointed.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks blow out the ninnies again, in fact I think it's probable. They have no answer for the noise, the kraepper folded like a house of cards in December, he said today that the noise wasn't a factor, if he honestly believes it, the ninnies are SCREWED before the game even starts!

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Question: Does Kam Chancellor have to give back the soul of Vernon Davis before he takes Anquan Boldin's, or is he allowed to keep both?

Shaz

Reaction score
It won't be another blowout, Niners are too good and experienced for that

I see a tough contest with Seattle coming out on top

24-20

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shaz":6y4v8lra said:
It won't be another blowout, Niners are too good and experienced for that

I see a tough contest with Seattle coming out on top

24-20
That's what was said before last Decembers game too after they beat the mighty pats at home.

CPHawk

Reaction score
They played bad as a team? No, we punched them right in the mouth, and then they curled up like a baby and cried about it. Saying we play to ruff, and douchebag jimmy is still crying about it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawks46":24gz2hpj said:

Boldin is neither fast or elusive. I could see Chancellor knocking him into next week.

Why Chancellor? Browner has had success against Bolden, so why not focus on a proven matchup rather than becoming obsessed with low-percentage wow factor? If Brandon's good to go for this game, I'll heave a sigh of relief because he's one of a very few if not the only CB that has physically dominated Boldin.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Hawks46":294skrdx said:

Chancellor knocked himself out the last time the two collided. Leave it to Browner to snuff him out. Chancellor will have enough to do.