Seattle will win this week

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I just think this is a bad matchup for the 49ers. I also have full confidence in our coaches. Dan Quinn's defense just gave up seven points on the road. That's it.

I don't even know if the Niners are good for two or three touchdowns this week. If they can get the run game going, maybe they can get to 21, but their WRs against our secondary is a bad, bad mismatch for them. If Kam has even a decent day keeping Vernon Davis from running wild, they might have a hard enough time getting to 14.

I'm not necessarily super-confident in this game because I am really unsure about our offense, but we seemed pretty vanilla. We didn't run any read-option or anything that looked really different last weekend. I'm assuming we have something ready to unleash on the 49ers at home this week.

One thing I liked is that Gore looked old. Sure, the Pack was also selling out a bit to stop the run, but the Niners averaged less than three YPC last weekend. If Seattle just stops the run, I like our corners to shut down their passing game.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I agree with the OP...
Hawks ARE going to win this game at home.
And the one at the Stick...
And the playoffs go through the Clink!

60niners

Reaction score
Can we get the webzone stricken from any further references? It is so blatantly, and obviously full of immature posters. It's akin to using youtube comments to sum up a group of people... Total bad representation.

zhawk

Reaction score
I wasn't feeling comfortable about this game before. Now three 9er fans are predicting a Hawks win, I feel positively nervous.

Ugh.

When's the Jags game?

I think this is a plan by harbaugh looking for clues on how to win. sshhhhh.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1vwmmydl said:
Cartire":1vwmmydl said:
This screams karma rekindling.

As if its a superstitious ploy.

Im not buying this as a fair rivalry if the fans are acting like this. Its like chemical warfare.

lol.

It's being realistic. That home field advantage is good for at least one touchdown in point differential every game. The NFL has never seen anything like it, except maybe Lambeau Field in winter during the late 90s. The fans are a huge part of it, but the stadium itself is so perfect for acoustics, and now there is such a specter about it that it even has an additional mental effect that only compounds things more.
Realistic and 49er fan does not compute....it's a trap.

nsport

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":1ywunbok said:
I think the only way the 49ers have a chance is if Kap targets players like TE Vance McDonald, FB Bruce Miller, or 3rd WR Patton (he only had a handful of snaps against GB).

This is how the 49ers will be relevant in this game... 49er fans missing anyone in particular this year? Who has been a Seahawk succubus in years past?? You got it, DELANIE WALKER.... he was an unsung hero in many games against us. He would have big plays that force us to respect his ability which opened opportunities for other players. I think he is the key to the game - and finding this year's Delanie Walker will be the key to victory for the 49ers.

Marvin49

Reaction score
60niners":1xi81i3n said:
Can we get the webzone stricken from any further references? It is so blatantly, and obviously full of immature posters. It's akin to using youtube comments to sum up a group of people... Total bad representation.

I resemble that remark.

Come on now...lets lighten up on the 'zone. There are loons on every forum.

Cartire

Reaction score
Marvin49":1yw6gih7 said:
60niners":1yw6gih7 said:

I resemble that remark.

Come on now...lets lighten up on the 'zone. There are loons on every forum.

You look like that remark? Ugly...

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2zg2x4fq said:
Smelly McUgly":2zg2x4fq said:
60niners":2zg2x4fq said:
I won't be all broken up if the Niners don't come away with a win. These teams are fairly even and the home team should win 9/10 times.

This is how I feel about the game later in the year at SF. I will gladly take 1-1 against Frisco and focus on maybe sweeping the rest of the NFCW

Same here

Do I expect the Niners to win on SNF this week? Nope!

Do I think that the Niners have a chance to win this week? Yep!

I respect your 12th man advantage way too much to allow myself to get mad about a 1-1 start to the season after what I believe to be the toughest part of our schedule, knowing that we won't have to play in C-link this season again thanks to our easier schedule compared to yours.

However if we do win this Sunday night, I think there will be little doubt across the league, and even amongst those on here, that the NFCW and home filed advantage is ours for the taking.

You think you will only play in CLink once this season? You dare to declare this openly? You have just put the hex on yourself.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm actually a lot more worried about this game than I was a week ago.

If Carolina ran on us, SF is going to maul us.

I think it's going to be close either way.

Giedi

Reaction score
Hawks46":23ypwvan said:

That is probably the 49ers only chance. If the 49ers don't run to control the clock, Wilson at C-link is equivalent to Peyton Manning X Aaron Rodgers X Drew Breese. The 49ers will be playing catch up all day and while Kaep has all that firepower, and while the 49ers do have that run game, that 12th man will cause a lot of ruckus in time outs, delay of games, illegal motions, illegal formations. The 49ers will probably have at least the equivalent of two whole drives in penalties.

Giedi

Reaction score
60niners":yyh7hjbo said:
the Webzone is older than the *official* 49er boards, lets have the elderly have some respect! :mrgreen: Sorry about the elderly reference Marvin. :thirishdrinkers:

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Hawks46":87nvf0o9 said:

What does carolina have to do with SF? You seem to be making the assumption that our players are bad run defenders in general. We will game plan differently for different teams.

Giedi

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":zh1w0jab said:
I just think this is a bad matchup for the 49ers. I also have full confidence in our coaches. Dan Quinn's defense just gave up seven points on the road. That's it.

I don't even know if the Niners are good for two or three touchdowns this week. If they can get the run game going, maybe they can get to 21, but their WRs against our secondary is a bad, bad mismatch for them. If Kam has even a decent day keeping Vernon Davis from running wild, they might have a hard enough time getting to 14.

I'm not necessarily super-confident in this game because I am really unsure about our offense, but we seemed pretty vanilla. We didn't run any read-option or anything that looked really different last weekend. I'm assuming we have something ready to unleash on the 49ers at home this week.

One thing I liked is that Gore looked old. Sure, the Pack was also selling out a bit to stop the run, but the Niners averaged less than three YPC last weekend. If Seattle just stops the run, I like our corners to shut down their passing game.

Seattle defense was sub par against the Carolina Run game. That's a weakness that has to be fixed by game time this sunday for Seattle to have a for sure victory. Absent a solid run defense against the 49ers - it does become more of a toss up. I forsee Wilson performing like Aaron Rodgers at C-link. So the 49er defense will be in the same situation as the Green Bay game. In other words, the 49er defense will do it's best to slow down Wilson, but they won't bank on being able to stop him. Which means the 49er offense has to step up and control the clock via run and score via the pass. Not an easy thing to do at C-link. The 12th man will be in force, and that will be a major obstacle to overcome.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
60niners":1ppq4qmb said:

NOPE.

Sorry if your team's most popular site is full of obnoxious idiots. Not our fault it's representative of the largest % of your fan base.

No, no. Webzone will never be stricken from the record as far as Hawks fans are concerned. As a 49er fan (even one of the few decent ones), that place is your cross to bear. ;)

Go Hawks.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Giedi":xdgg4dx2 said:
Seattle defense was sub par against the Carolina Run game. That's a weakness that has to be fixed by game time this sunday for Seattle to have a for sure victory. Absent a solid run defense against the 49ers - it does become more of a toss up. I forsee Wilson performing like Aaron Rodgers at C-link. So the 49er defense will be in the same situation as the Green Bay game. In other words, the 49er defense will do it's best to slow down Wilson, but they won't bank on being able to stop him. Which means the 49er offense has to step up and control the clock via run and score via the pass. Not an easy thing to do at C-link. The 12th man will be in force, and that will be a major obstacle to overcome.

Good observation. As a Hawk fan, I can admit that for as good as our defense has been, run d has been a bit of an issue the past year or so. Last year we gave up something like 4.5 a carry. In the Carolina game I think it was closer to 5. That's not good if you want to be known as the best defense in the NFL. Our interior d line has been a point of concern. If the Hawks d wants to be known as the best in the biz, run d has got to improve. Not just against SF, but everyone.

Go Hawks.

Giedi

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2179jpa1 said:
Giedi":2179jpa1 said:

Good observation. As a Hawk fan, I can admit that for as good as our defense has been, run d has been a bit of an issue the past year or so. Last year we gave up something like 4.5 a carry. In the Carolina game I think it was closer to 5. That's not good if you want to be known as the best defense in the NFL. Our interior d line has been a point of concern. If the Hawks d wants to be known as the best in the biz, run d has got to improve. Not just against SF, but everyone.

Go Hawks.
Wow, that's an astounding number. 5.0 Yards per Carry? Wow.

Now, I dont' think it's your players. I've been looking at your players that you've acquired through free agency and the draft, and they look formidable. I really do think it's the defensive coaching. Again, I harp on Dan quinn and Tavares Jones -- I really do think they are the problem in the run game - vs the player talent. If used in a good scheme, you have the speed and the power to stop good rushing attacks. I'll know more once I see how your team and players play the 49er run game this sunday.

plyka

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2nmkhx0t said:
Stop it with this reverse psychological voodoo you guys got going on...its freaking me out

There is no reverse psychology thing going on...this is the ole afraid to lose so i'm going to pretend i don't care trick. Kind of like a guy afraid to walk up to a hot chick. Do it dude I tell him...Nah, I don't even want to talk to her. Basically if you don't care / dont try, you don't "really lose." Or at least that's what the loser believes.