Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":66rwi920 said:
Percussion section chiming in solo for this trip.

Crap, I'm going to have to change my departure flight back to Seattle. Originally departing at 5:30 and like a dumbass I didn't think it through.

It reminds me of 2 things...How do you get a drummer off your porch?

pay him for the pizza.

What is a drummer without a girlfriend?

homeless.

I fit in perfectly.

Arriving Saturday afternoon after scoring a rental car.

Sweet we have a designated driver!

seahawks08

Reaction score
I will be there Saturday around noon. I haven't booked a rental yet as I was planning to cab it or carpool if anyone is arriving at the same time. I am taking the 5:50 am flight that morning from Seattle.

A

Anonymous

Ahem!

Me, +1

Again, for those not wanting to peruse this entire thread for details, our basic rundown goes something like this:

Saturday evening:
- An informal gathering at a sports bars called Twin Peaks, on Kirby. Just a hop-skip-and-a-jump from the stadium area and the Crowne Plaza Hotel. A short cab ride.

Sunday pre-game:
- We are going to be doing some tailgating in the "blue lot" which is about 120 yards from the Southeast gate. We will be quasi-sharing a spot with my landlord, and Pmedic has purchased a spot, so we hope to be in the front corner (NE) of the lot, occupying some decent real-estate, and not mired in the middle of all the Texans folks. Organizing a tent, coolers, etc. so as to create a "go-to" spot for y'all to hang out before the game. I'm looking forward to being able to get a picture (or 20) of all of us making the trip, together, ready for battle.

We are getting the head-count so as to put the finishing touches on food and beverage arrangements as well as how much space we'll need at the bar on Saturday night. As we get closer to this thing, we'll let folks know more details.

Go Hawks!

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'll be there, +2. Flying in to Houston on Saturday morning and staying at the Crowne Plaza. Still haven't found my game tickets yet, me and one of my buddies will be sitting together, the other is a Texans fan and wants to sit a little bit closer to the action since it's his first game at Reliant. The bar on Saturday night sounds like a plan. This is going to be a GREAT trip!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2hnfyjwj said:
Ahem!

Me, +1

Again, for those not wanting to peruse this entire thread for details, our basic rundown goes something like this:

Saturday evening:
- An informal gathering at a sports bars called Twin Peaks, on Kirby.

Hey I am a captain for Kirby!

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Special Thanks to HoustonHawk82 & pmedic for essentially taking over the reins in this effort.

I rah-rah'd this thing on the front end, but I'm not one for being a real organizer/making arrangements and concrete plans for a group. I'm much more nonchalant informal and go with the flow in my travel style.

So it has been invaluable to have "boots on the ground" making a gameplan of sorts for us.

Thanks, much.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2af9f432 said:
Special Thanks to HoustonHawk82 & pmedic for essentially taking over the reins in this effort.

I rah-rah'd this thing on the front end, but I'm not one for being a real organizer/making arrangements and concrete plans for a group. I'm much more nonchalant informal and go with the flow in my travel style.

So it has been invaluable to have "boots on the ground" making a gameplan of sorts for us.

Thanks, much.

Case in point - are you posting this from Amsterdam??

You, sir, are an International man of mystery.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2ld4hrni said:
bestfightstory":2ld4hrni said:

Thanks, much.

Case in point - are you posting this from Amsterdam??

You, sir, are an International man of mystery.

Vegas (with Warren Moon) last Thursday. Minneapolis Friday. Fargo Sunday. Detroit Monday. Amsterdam Houseboat currently. Soundgarden tomorrow. Seattle Saturday.

It's been a good month. Go Hawks!

A

Anonymous

Think of Twin Peaks as Hooters with good food and better servers.