2013-14 EPL Season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cue Gate any moment now..

Deserves the day. Arsenal were good enough. Spurs yet to click.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":13ajcara said:
Cue Gate any moment now..

Deserves the day. Arsenal were good enough. Spurs yet to click.

Lloris was fantastic today, which was fortunate, otherwise it could have been worse. Lamela showed promise when he came on. I think that today's performance was similar to many last season and shows why they felt the need to bring Eriksen in. Not enough creativity in and around the Arsenal box.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Good luck removing this massive smile on my face right now.

Oh and Al Jazeera sport(who Wenger is a soccer pundit for) is reporting that Mesut Ozil could be on the verge of signing with Arsenal before tomorrows deadline.

Oh and how could this day get any worse for Spurs fans, lose the North London Derby and then almost instantly afterwards Bale to Madrid is confirmed. You better hope your team gels faster than lightning otherwise this could turn into a real long season for Spurs.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Man Utd were crap today. Really, really crap.

But Liverpool fans booing Evra? Yes, how dare Patrice Evra be the victim of racial abuse. Deary me.

Chelsea's (Mourinho's) title.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2pb7q6y6 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2pb7q6y6 said:
Man Utd were crap today. Really, really crap.

But Liverpool fans booing Evra? Yes, how dare Patrice Evra be the victim of racial abuse. Deary me.

Chelsea's (Mourinho's) title.
Yes, Chelsea's title. And stop being a berk, Evra himself said that he didn't thin Suarez was racist. 'Negrito' is common slang in South America for 'little friend'. Suarez was just an arsehole with his application. Evra was booed for not just that, but also being instrumental in at least two Liverpool defeats over the last couple of years and for generally being a twat.

United are crap because they have no midfield. I REALLY hope that Moyes truly believes he doesn't have to make any signings. Delusional.

Whether he's a practising racist means very little. In many areas of Spain it's not considered unacceptable to make chimp noises at black people. Is it OK for them to do that over here? Of course not. He made a huge mistake and was rightly punished, albeit not as severely as he should've been. Then compounded the matter by publicly refusing to shake Evra's hand in the next meeting between the sides. Evra, to his credit, appeared willing to shake on it and move on. Imagine having the tenacity to be the victim of racism, eh?

And please don't be so naive to think Evra was booed because he was instrumental in two wins. Other players were much more instrumental (and are also, arguably, much more of a twat) and yet received no reaction from the home fans.

Such is the strange influence of Luis Suarez on this brilliant club. A man who has basically been the very definition of 'scum' for the last few years. And through sheer misplaced loyalty to him, the Reds fans have adopted an agenda against one of the victims of his pathetic existence. I assumed they'd drop it when he basically stuck two fingers up at the Kop End and wiped his arse on a Liverpool scarf, but I guess not.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Did you seriously call Evra a "victim"?

Brilliant. And you can't figure why he's being booed....

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2oq3k7mc said:
Did you seriously call Evra a "victim"?

Brilliant. And you can't figure why he's being booed....

Wait a minute...

Are you telling me he's NOT?

Good grief.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
John Barnes was a victim.

Wonder how flexible United fans sentiments were with Keane and Cantona.

Either way let's be fair here.. I don't believe Liverpool fans hold any illusions about Suarez.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
According to Sky Sports News, Ozil is in Germany filming a commercial but Arsenal are set to announce the signing at 6pm UK time.

Well I think Stoke made a big signing with Marko Aurnautovic. I've seen him play a couple times when I could watch the Bundesliga on TV and he's looked pretty good.

Also, Crystal Palace fans apparently want Heskey.

McG

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1zqx7jdo said:
According to Sky Sports News, Ozil is in Germany filming a commercial but Arsenal are set to announce the signing at 6pm UK time.

Well I think Stoke made a big signing with Marko Aurnautovic. I've seen him play a couple times when I could watch the Bundesliga on TV and he's looked pretty good.

Also, Crystal Palace fans apparently want Heskey.

Emile Heskey. The man. The myth. The Legend. :lol:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I like the Oil signing. Shows intent. But a hefty price for a player who doest necessarily fill a desperate need (outside the clamoring of fans)

Would love to see Liverpool bring in one more attacker. Think we are done but....

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
What I've heard is that there is no stand still. Ozil to Arsenal is still being completed and should be done and dusted before the deadline and it's reported that the offer is a 5 year deal.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1yq464wr said:
Fellaini hands in a transfer request. Supposedly United's proposed deal for Ander Herrera has hit 'beaurocratic problems' and might not go through. What the hell have United been doing all summer? Clowns.

Still no word on Ozil, gate. Has to be getting a bit nervy now, with just over an hour to go before the window shuts?

rumours on the interweb and the pundits at ESPN is that Ozil is hoping for United

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":rbxshfhw said:
rumours on the interweb and the pundits at ESPN is that Ozil is hoping for United

Not sure where you're getting those rumors. I haven't seen anything involving United aside from Harrera and Fellaini.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Sky Sports has just reported that Mesut Ozil has confirmed in a statement that he is heading to Arsenal.

Edit: Sky Sports has announced Arsenal have signed Ozil

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I'll be surprised beyond belief if people still criticize Wenger and want him out if this signing pays off massively.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Man Utd should've been all over Ozil. What are they doing??

Peaches - Giroud looks exceptional so far this season - 4 goals in 5. Could've just been a case of settling in, plus he's not had a guy like Ozil playing alongside him.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Apparently the main reason for Ozil signing with Arsenal was because of who the Gunners manager is.