Jags cut Trufant

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 2m
Jaguars also cut veteran CB Marcus Trufant.

Good luck signing with another team, Marcus! Wish you all the best, unless you're playing against us.

pehawk

Reaction score
He looked good when I watched him against the Jets...but I'm no expert and may be bias.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":h1jnmq7y said:
Speaking of the Jags, a few fans over at Big Cat Country:

a.) Like Kyle Knox

b.) Like Will Blackmon

c.) Are rooting for us to cut Benson Mayowa so they can sign him

Kinda cool to see fans of other teams be really interested in your depth.

Mayowa isn't getting cut...wishful thinking on their part.

pehawk

Reaction score
I like Bradley's approach down there. We all know what he'll do defensively, but offensively he's approaching it like a mid-major, playing with BCS schools; trickery to even the playing field.

They drafted a few "gadget" players and seem to locked and loaded for full up-tempo. Perfect approach.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":1ze7t3mf said:
I like Bradley's approach down there. We all know what he'll do defensively, but offensively he's approaching it like a mid-major, playing with BCS schools; trickery to even the playing field.

They drafted a few "gadget" players and seem to locked and loaded for full up-tempo. Perfect approach.

Who's he have as his o.c.? I'm sure I could look it up but i'm too lazy.

Thanks in advance,

Rashan Sheehee

pehawk

Reaction score
Fisch, kind of a bland guy, was QB coach here in 2010 (when Hass killed it!)

XOXO

Terrence Whitehead

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Surprised Bradley didn't want Trufant. He knows his system really well and would be a great mentor for a rebuilding team.

rideaducati

Reaction score
pehawk":25psovm4 said:

That's how the Rams went 4-1-1 in the division last year. They were a fake field goal, a fake punt, and a rookie mistake away from being 2-4 in the division. I couldn't do anything for the cards games, they actually won those without tricks.

pehawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":15rve194 said:
pehawk":15rve194 said:

That's how the Rams went 4-1-1 in the division last year. They were a fake field goal, a fake punt, and a rookie mistake away from being 2-4 in the division. I couldn't do anything for the cards games, they actually won those without tricks.

Jeff Fisher?

rideaducati

Reaction score
pehawk":2xrll48x said:
rideaducati":2xrll48x said:
pehawk":2xrll48x said:

Jeff Fisher?

Yeah, him. I think he knew his team was bad offensively and NEEDED the trickery. Worked well last year, but I doubt teams get fooled this year.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Gus, but I still don't see any indication that they really have a strong grasp on personnel down there. Their GM is unproven, and it seems like Bradley is mostly just relying on players having been worth his old buddies' time as an indication they'd work for him, especially considering that defensive system is one that Gus lifted from his time with Pete the past few seasons, right?

pehawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":3547hvf5 said:
I'm pulling for Gus, but I still don't see any indication that they really have a strong grasp on personnel down there. Their GM is unproven, and it seems like Bradley is mostly just relying on players having been worth his old buddies' time as an indication they'd work for him, especially considering that defensive system is one that Gus lifted from his time with Pete the past few seasons, right?

They appear to be trying new wrinkles offensively; up-tempo, spread, read-option (with Robinson and Sanders). That's a good way to even the playing field if you're outgunned personnel wise. Plus, they always play Houston tough...and do you think they're intimidated by Tennessee or Indy?

They have an immediate plan to compete offensively. And, they drafted to match that plan. In the meantime they'll continue to build the trenches and get away from the gimmicky stuff.

If anything it matches Pete and John's 2010. Just throw whatever you can together to not be embarrassed year one.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I was hoping to see a one more year of Truf in the league. Maybe he gets picked up elsewhere.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Needs to retire... As a hawk, my favorite player from the previous era, Tru was my boy.