Most Hated Team - Amusing Thread

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Most Hated Team - Amusing Thread
Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:09 pm
  • I came across this post and found it amazing how the Seahawks nearly unanimously made every top-5 list. Even living in DC, I'm completely indifferent to the Redskins one way or the other. I guess I've enjoyed them being such an easy-out in the playoffs, though.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/370186-top ... ted-teams/
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Re: Most Hated Team - Amusing Thread
Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:16 pm
  • Good thread.

It's pretty hilarious reading all that. Love it.

The one I find strange is, "I dislike Russell Wilson." Whooooa, just whooooa, what the hell man?!
    Last edited by twisted_steel2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:17 pm
  • Haha...I'd be pissed too if my team kept losing to the same team in the playoffs. I wasn't around for the Sean Taylor stuff but if any of that stuff I don't blame them for hating us. That's some messed up ish to talk bad about the dead
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:20 pm
  • That is the team with the same amount of suspensions that Seattle has had, yet the Seahawks are cheaters. I think the idiots in congress are rubbing off on the fans out there.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:21 pm
  • I'm so entertained by that thread... I love the fact that "they beat us in the playoffs and they're so overrated" in the same statement. Isn't that basically just saying, "As a Redskins fan, I believe they are overrated, yet I'm absolutely stupid to equate the strength of my team as obviously being lesser than theirs because they beat us three times in the playoffs.... what does that make us?!?"
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:25 pm
  • The best part is how they hate us because we beat them the last 3 playoff runs and then in the same sentence say were over-hyped.

I would think after the third beat down, you cant use that term anymore.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• Every time I go on another board I am more and more thankful for the posters we have on this site.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• "2. Seahawks. Former part-time Raiders fan and let's face it, they and their fans are just the worst examples of bipedal quasi-mammals without feathers that you will find on earth or any planet."

What is this transexual pig talking about? Butthurt I think from last season. :2:

Too funny
    Beer, Football, Family=A wonderful life.
    Hawknight
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:28 pm
  • Funny I don't think the redskins would make any Seahawks list. There just the team we get to beat in the playoffs again and again.
    kinesmajor
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:41 pm
  • Ehhh... If I was a foreskin fan I would hate the Seahawks too, but some of their reasoning is pretty skewed.

The Hawks have ended their playoff runs.
    They cant hang with the physical part of the Hawks.
    Sherman and Browner most likely cause them heartburn.

Those are good reasons.

Stupid ones? Thinking that the fanbase should have allowed the Skins a pass in the playoffs because of Taylor. Sorry about Taylor, but we don't owe them anything.

The overrated comments. The Hawks finished the season on a great run themselves. They talk like Niner fans as if that game last year was over because they scored 14 points. Like all the others that came after Wilson, in the end, he figured them out. Redskin fans are lucky it wasn't 34-14.

They trolled this site with comments about Fletcher owning Lynch and he schooled the veteran like a rookie.

I enjoyed knowing that the Skins were the playoff matchup. After hosting a playoff game on that dirt bike track of a field they deserve to lose.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:42 pm
  • It's just a big QQ thread. They mad!!!!!
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:43 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Haha...I'd be pissed too if my team kept losing to the same team in the playoffs. I wasn't around for the Sean Taylor stuff but if any of that stuff I don't blame them for hating us. That's some messed up ish to talk bad about the dead

I was around for it and it was so blown out of proportion by Redskin fans that it was ridiculous. What I remember is they were all saying they were going to beat us by 21 points in honor of Taylors #21. They were talking about him like he was a Saint and they were going to win because of him. a few Seahawk fans just mentioned a few of the true mistakes that he made in his life, pointing out that he wasn't the saint he was being portrayed as, and mentioned that his passing would have absolutely no effect on the game... and the REdskins fans just all ran with it that we were dissing him and disrespecting the dead and all that crap. It really was ridiculous on their part.

There was also talk of some of their fans being mistreated at one of the games in Seattle, and I don't know if it was true or not, but it sure seemed to be embellished quite a bit.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:44 pm
  • I went to sign up for there forum because I wanted to actually post a nice comment, showing them that there wrong about hawk fans.

When I went to sign up, you have to literally answer this question "what is rg3's jersey #?"...I stopped after that point...They think we are obsessed with Wilson, but got dam RG3 is like Jesus to them
    XLVIII - 2014 - Champions
    checkdanews
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:13 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Haha...I'd be pissed too if my team kept losing to the same team in the playoffs. I wasn't around for the Sean Taylor stuff but if any of that stuff I don't blame them for hating us. That's some messed up ish to talk bad about the dead

This is so blown out of proportion, it's ridiculous. Redskins fans literally took any criticism about Sean Taylor (including his on-field performance) as being racism, and reacted accordingly. A lot of Redskins fans are idiots.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:15 pm
  • Ok, after perusing through that thread a bit, I no longer want a bye week in the playoffs. I want to win the division with 11-12 wins and have the Redskins travel to our house where we beat the living hell out of them 47-9.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:25 pm
  • It's hard to care about Redskins fans in kind. Their franchise is garbage and the only good thing about their team in the last twenty years, RGIII, will surely be mishandled by Shanahan and blow out both of his knees in the next two years. I wouldn't put them in a top fifteen teams that I even think about unless we're toe-tagging them in the playoffs again.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:33 pm
  • To be wildly hated is a good thing, it means that teams fear or respect us and the fan bases of said teams feel were a threat to their success. Enjoy it and laugh, we as fans of the Seahawks have been a long time in the by most fanbases irrelevant for a long time. Now were the up and comers with an attitude and something to back it up, I hope we can follow thru with the ultimate success and become what we hated from the Patriots and the Packers and 49ers, the next fairweather fan base stop, with that comes the endorsements and recognition of our players and staff as one that knows what the hell we are doing. The media will be getting in line to get sloppy seconds after the NFL markets the hell out of our players. Wilson will get the Tom Brady Aaron Rodgers treatment, Legion of Boom will be spread across the country in posters and likenesses. Beastmode will be on every kids wall that dreams of being a Running Back.

Yeah being hated will be nice.....................

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:35 pm
  • How can anybody hate Russell Wilson? A more stand up guy would be hard to find. I have no hate/dislike for RG3 because he is a class individual as far as I see.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:36 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:That is the team with the same amount of suspensions that Seattle has had, yet the Seahawks are cheaters. I think the idiots in congress are rubbing off on the fans out there.

What do you mean...."rubbing off"? It's probably the Congressmen themselves doing the posting! :roll:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:38 pm
  • I didn't read every word but I find it amazing, based on what I did read, that we didn't get the blame for RGs knee.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:42 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:I didn't read every word but I find it amazing, based on what I did read, that we didn't get the blame for RGs knee.

It was hurt before that game, Shanahan already has the blame on him anyway, he and his history of running a player into the ground needs no arguement since you have Elway, Davis, Portis to bare witness and stat they were playing hurt and over used and got hurt.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:46 pm
  • The Hawks use to be an insignificant team but by all indications that is history. Fans bases such as the Redskins, Giants, Cowboys and the like feel so entitled. They just can't cope with being continually ass kicked by the Hawks. Drives them insane.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:49 pm
  • Funny stuff. I wonder if we did a thread on our side whether a lot of us would even include the Skins in our Top 5 most hated teams. What I am really surprised about is how there's a lot of them that hate us more than their own division rivals.
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:53 pm
  • Steelers would be way up there, so I can see why the Skins have a high degree of disdain for the Seahawks. They took away a dream run for their legendary coach and fallen hero.

And some of the smack our folks talked during the Sean Taylor playoffs was extremely messed up. The site owner and mods had to clean up the thread in the Smack Shack. Was not a good look but it happens.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:53 pm
  • The Redskins probably wouldn't crack my top 20 let alone top 5.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:56 pm
  • From the team who's motto is "hater".
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:15 pm
  • Lol. Their disdain amuses me....
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:19 pm
  • iigakusei wrote:Every time I go on another board I am more and more thankful for the posters we have on this site.

My thoughts exactly!

I can't stand it when fans make these ridiculous assertions about the hawks that have absolutely no facts to back 'em up and then there's like 1,000 replies reinforcing the original baseless statement. It just makes me think they don't know much about football - which is fine - but man, put a lid on it if you can't back up what you're saying.. I've been lurking on these boards WAAAY longer than I've been posting but I never would have signed up if I didn't feel like the overwhelming majority of people on these boards back up their opinions with facts and/or relevant observations.

I couldn't in good conscience make some absurd statement about an opposing team with no facts to back it up b/c I know that I would get an earful from the rest of you guys if I did so.

What makes me mad is when opposing fans refuse to acknowledge the Seahawks as being a legitimate contender based on nothing other than inherent bias (which I'll freely admit I'm guilty of) and EVERYONE on their board goes along with it w/o any sort of healthy debate or acknowledgement of potential inaccuracies . I mean, I HATE the 9ers and every other team in the NFL (with the exception of the Ravens, I don't know why, lol...) but I'll acknowledge fact that the 9ers have a good team - I hate their coach, I hate their QB, and I hate their fans - but they play good football..

I know there are always going to be exceptions to this but man are they few and far between..

It's amazing how far a little respect can go...
    "FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac
    seaNOmercy
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:49 pm
  • I could care less about the Redskin team, but Redskin fans are some of the worst around. Way worse than the 49er trolls we have around here.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:50 pm
  • "Pete Carroll sucks too, hes just been getting lucky with his picks and has a good gm."

LMAO
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:53 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Good thread.

It's pretty hilarious reading all that. Love it.

The one I find strange is, "I dislike Russell Wilson." Whooooa, just whooooa, what the hell man?!

KCHawkGirl wrote:How can anybody hate Russell Wilson? A more stand up guy would be hard to find. I have no hate/dislike for RG3 because he is a class individual as far as I see.

This is DC we are talking about. There, if you are not a thug you are a punk.
    Bitter
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:16 pm
  • I love comments like this: "4. Seattle Seahawks - How is it we keep losing to these guys? They're overrated,"

If we're over-rated, what does that make you?
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:I love comments like this: "4. Seattle Seahawks - How is it we keep losing to these guys? They're overrated,"

If we're over-rated, what does that make you?

I too love this comment. Fills my heart with LOLZ.

Their crazy devotion to 21 is pretty ridiculous too. C'mon, dude was pretty good and he died at a tragically young age, but they carry on like he cured the lepers and pray to him like he's football Jesus. Stop being so cray cray. Dude was hardly a saint. That's like if we started praying to LeRoy Hill if he died young. Cha..... ryte....

But yeah. Foreskin fans are funny.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:11 pm
  • I feel steam pouring out of my ears reading this. Hate a team for knocking you out of the Play-offs??? Sounds like a personal problem not ours, cheaters how? Idiotic, Redskins are a team that 90% I don't even think about but we make top 5? You think Bears or Steelers fan think about us? No
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:39 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Haha...I'd be pissed too if my team kept losing to the same team in the playoffs. I wasn't around for the Sean Taylor stuff but if any of that stuff I don't blame them for hating us. That's some messed up ish to talk bad about the dead

I was around for it and it was so blown out of proportion by Redskin fans that it was ridiculous. What I remember is they were all saying they were going to beat us by 21 points in honor of Taylors #21. They were talking about him like he was a Saint and they were going to win because of him. a few Seahawk fans just mentioned a few of the true mistakes that he made in his life, pointing out that he wasn't the saint he was being portrayed as, and mentioned that his passing would have absolutely no effect on the game... and the REdskins fans just all ran with it that we were dissing him and disrespecting the dead and all that crap. It really was ridiculous on their part.

There was also talk of some of their fans being mistreated at one of the games in Seattle, and I don't know if it was true or not, but it sure seemed to be embellished quite a bit.

It actually wasn't any of our posters. It was Matt Wolf from Seahawks huddle that spouted off about Taylor and the entire fan base went batshit on us.

I just found out last spring that Anguish was doing site work for Matt Wolf and Matty disappeared as usual and left Anguish to take all the heat.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:27 pm
  • It's cute that they think their team will amount to anything this season. They're just mad because they can't get past us in the playoffs lmao.

Enjoy your upcoming 7-9 season, losers.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:47 pm
  • I grew up in Maryland, watching the Skins (Ill always hate the Cowboys most out of any team). But Ive been a die hard Hawks fan since I remember seeing them for the first time on TV when I was 9 (1985). This thread is classic, All my old high school friends are Skins fans, and they have much more class than any of these posters.

Someone said it earlier, the Skins wouldnt even make any Hawks fans top 5 most hated team, because we are better than them hands down.
    AshamanMat
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:53 pm
  • Hahaha, so much butthurt. The fact that anyone thinks Wilson doesn't compare to RG3 (Wilson is better, in my opinion. Especially because he didn't get hurt.) is just hilarious to me. Lots of terrible opinions.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:32 am
  • We own the Skins.

My favorite from that thread...

Rarely has a team that has done so little expected so much from so many.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:21 am
  • Overrated! (They beat us in our last three playoff appearances...)
    Wilson is inferior to RGIII, and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same paragraph! (They beat us in the playoffs...)
    Carroll cheats! (Carroll is lucky...)
    Overhyped! (They kicked us out of the every playoff run we had in the last decade...)

It is pretty darned amusing. I don't care that they hate us as fans, and I don't care what their reasons are for hating us. Every team has its class fans, and every team has its douchebags. Anyone not intelligent enough to realize that belongs in the second category.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information