Revis going after Sherman

rideaducati

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1qmolp85 said:
Revis, you got your money, quit whining.

He got his money before too, it just wasn't enough to be the highest paid corner. He had to destroy all capability of the team to keep good players AND be the highest paid corner.

drdiags

Reaction score
So it seems the media types want to milk this for as much as they can.

Exhibit A

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn

Admire @RSherman_25, know he follows me. This unsolicited from NFL OC on him vs. @Revis24: "Like comparing Cam Newton to Peyton Manning."

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
“A lot of people need to have respect for this game. I’m not just talking about him. Respect what people have done to pave the way. Deion paved the way. Rod Woodson paved the way. Darrell Green. Mel Blount. Champ Bailey. Charles Woodson. Yeah, we’re the next group, but you don’t need to be getting into it with me. At the end of the day, this is a fraternity. We’re all in this together, competing. But you don’t have to shoot nobody else down.”
I can't believe we even need 4+ pages to discuss this!! Like others have said, Revis is just being one classy dude confronted with what some big-mouthed no-name said 6 months prior. He's on a whole other level from Sherm! Stats don't matter, and Sherman is whack for even talking about Revis/football in the same conversation!

On a cold and rainy Seattle afternoon, February 20, 2013, already a veteran member of the great DB fraternity, Revis used his deft experience and maturity to lay Ringworm's stats argument/boasting to waste with one simply yet respectful statement:

"@Revis24 My boy @JohnGeiger_ got more followers then @rsherman_25. Sit down young pup & wait your turn." :192214:

There should have been nothing left to say after that. All the rest is just noise... :251864:[/quote]

-The Glove-":36u47ny8 said:
Ah I see...so stats don't matter, but Twitter followers do?

You, sir Glove, are correct! That is what Revis was trying to get our Stanford knucklehead to understand from near the beginning! If Sherm dares dream of someday joining the elite DB fraternity that Revis paid homage to, he has to get his Twitter follows up. Plain and simple. I mean, can you imagine how many followers Deion, Darrell, and Rod would have had in their playing days!?! That is the true test of a great DB...

drdiags

Reaction score
Come on Snakeguy, Revis was based out of NY and had a 3-4 year advantage over the upstart Sherman. Twitter follower stats have nothing to do with reality, more with hype. Go over to the Bucs board if you want to protect the honor of your assumed classy guy. A real classy move would have been to say no comment when Jarrett tried to couch the conversation with that loaded question.

Revis is acknowledged by his peers and coaches as a unique talent. The best for a nice duration. Sherman's mistake is to interact with yahoos like yours truly, who are just trolling to cause more drama. He used the gold standard to compare his career to date and folks that like twisting things have it as Sherman dissing Revis. Sherman invites the trolls because he decided to play outside the accepted role mid-level picks are supposed to take. So he invited this noise and now we get to read folks like you disparage the guy.

Please get the games on so this silliness can stop or at least fall to the background.

This is some straight up drama that the media is trying to whip up. Don't fall into the trap. Or at least take it up in the NFL Forum.

ZLDRider

Reaction score
OMG people, if you're going to post, how about spelling things correctly and using the correct grammar?

In this one thread alone I've seen people butcher the English language so badly that I want to throw up.

Incorrect words used: "to" instead of "too", "quite" instead of "quiet", "than" instead of "then".

Sheesh!

It got so bad, I forgot why I was reading the frigging thread to begin with.

LOL

Back to lurk mode...

Cartire

Reaction score
ZLDRider":1yezocog said:
OMG people, if you're going to post, how about spelling things correctly and using the correct grammar?

In this one thread alone I've seen people butcher the English language so badly that I want to throw up.

Incorrect words used: "to" instead of "too", "quite" instead of "quiet", "than" instead of "then".

Sheesh!

LOL

Back to lurk mode...

iRo's new smurf account discovered

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I'll take the guy going into his Third year that is coming up FAST. Sherm hasn't even begun to peak and could be considered the best CB i the league. Sherm can pass Revis in total INTs, TDs, and sacks this season if he can duplicate what he did last year, and Revis shows signs of degradation.

That doesn't bode well for Revis, who is his Seventh year and coming off an ACL that (seemingly) took forever to heal.

By the end of next season it won't even be a discussion (IMHO), and that's breaking down the situation for what it is (fandom aside). Sherm is on notice now, people are going to actually watch his games, and not just react to articles/stories because he's some guy in a war of words.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
drdiags":15azla01 said:
Come on Snakeguy, Revis was based out of NY and had a 3-4 year advantage over the upstart Sherman. Twitter follower stats have nothing to do with reality, more with hype. Go over to the Bucs board if you want to protect the honor of your assumed classy guy. A real classy move would have been to say no comment when Jarrett tried to couch the conversation with that loaded question.

All :stirthepot: aside, by the mere fact that Revis used Twitter followers as a way to 'put Sherman and his stats talk in their place', I don't think it's fair to assume that Revis knew saying "no comment" was an option for him. If I had to wager a guess, sometime between February and last week, Champ pulled him aside quietly and said, "Darrelle, from one elite DB to another, you know I respect your game right?...Good. So listen, about this public thing you've got going with Richard, I know your pride was hurt by things with the Jets and you didn't get to show what you are capable of on the field last year, but stop talking out of your @$$ about Twitter followers and junk while trying to one-up our boy in Seattle. I know, he talks too much for my taste too, but he did have a monster season and if he keeps it up, we're going to hear his name mentioned with ours a lot in the future. This nonsense is making us [DB's] all look bad. If you keep this up, we're going to start getting compared to those divas we line up against each week! Here is what you should have said in the first place...[insert response to Jarrett here]." If I'm close to accurate, Revis has been practicing that speech since Champ set him straight, and he's been chomping at the bit to make it!

drdiags":15azla01 said:
Sherman invites the trolls because he decided to play outside the accepted role mid-level picks are supposed to take. So he invited this noise and now we get to read folks like you disparage the guy.

:th104: I thought my using Revis's 'Twitter followers argument vs. actual football stats' to counter the 'hey look at the classy guy just trying to focus on what's important!' defense was self-explanatory irony, but I see I needed the :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off: symbols to rein in potential mis-readings. I've mainly been a reader of our boards since 2009, and though I've observed many of the nuances, I see I still have lessons to learn about proper conveyence of thoughts/ideas here.

Please get the games on so this silliness can stop or at least fall to the background. :retard_clap: I could not agree more, Dr. D!

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
ZLDRider":1vb7ijwj said:

Sheesh!

LOL

Back to lurk mode...

And hear we go again with this stuff!! :thfight7:

Why can't you just leave people alone with there grammar issues?! Your just one of those guys whom thinks he's better than other people cause you did good in school. You're pride is sickening! I bet you think Revis is better than Sherman two, don't yew?

You should be quite if you can't be nice too others, ZLD!

(Did I need to use the 'sarcasm smilies' and highlight my grammatical/spelling innacuracies on this post to?)

HawkWow

Reaction score
Revis would have done well to let the whole issue die. Now, he's painted himself in a corner. As talented as he is, it will be very hard, if not impossible, for him to prove (without a doubt) that he is superior to Sherman. All he's doing is proving Sherman is the smarter of the two.