Who on our cut list is the most tradable asset?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
sutz":fdxx3v7w said:
Do cuts at this time even go on the waiver wire? I was of the impression that most, if not all, final cuts are UFAs. Certainly, anybody that was UDFA, thus not drafted, would not be subject to waivers.

The only thing the 'Hawks would want in this unlikely scenario would be draft picks for next year. Waht we would get would probably be 7's anyway. Useful, of course, but not top value.

Yes they go through the waver wire system.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
@cro":1y32fx7n said:
Sgt. Largent":1y32fx7n said:
cberg":1y32fx7n said:
I think the FO is trying to trade some of these good players that we have to cut before we cut them. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we were able to do it either. Who could you see being the most likely to fetch a pick or player?

Why would another team trade for a player that's about to be cut?

Because it may not cost them anything. You trade one player who's going to be cut for another that's going to be cut.
They get who they want, and we are assured the ninners don't pick him up.
eg. Stephen Williams.

For the Seahawks, it would be difficult because outside of depth, nothing is really of need. They're already having a hard time trimming the roster down as is, so I don't see them trading for another player likely unless they're extremely high on them since they don't really have the time to see how they fit due to the start of the season coming up and if they miss on this prospect, they basically wasted a roster spot.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
The only one I could see would be Quinn. He played fairly well in the 2nd half last night, and there are a lot of teams that could use a serviceable backup QB at this point... the scenario where a team that's really low on the waiver pecking order might be willing to give up a 7th round pick next year to get him is very real, I think. That said, do I think it's going to happen? No. Just that it's the most likely player we could get a pick for. We don't need more players...

Basis4day

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":kkdn4q7x said:
sutz":kkdn4q7x said:
Do cuts at this time even go on the waiver wire? I was of the impression that most, if not all, final cuts are UFAs. Certainly, anybody that was UDFA, thus not drafted, would not be subject to waivers.

The only thing the 'Hawks would want in this unlikely scenario would be draft picks for next year. Waht we would get would probably be 7's anyway. Useful, of course, but not top value.

Yes they go through the waver wire system.

Depends on the player. If you have 4 years of accrued seasons in the NFL or more, you become an UFA and can sign with any team. Your previous contract is void.

If you have 1-3 years of accrued seasons you must go through the waiver wire. If claimed, they pick up your previous contract. If you clear waivers, your previous contract is void and you become an UFA and can sign with any team to a new contract.

NFL Season: six or more regular-season games in one season in which a player is on the 53-man roster, IR list or PUP list

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
@cro":1noumuhz said:
Sgt. Largent":1noumuhz said:
cberg":1noumuhz said:
I think the FO is trying to trade some of these good players that we have to cut before we cut them. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we were able to do it either. Who could you see being the most likely to fetch a pick or player?

Why would another team trade for a player that's about to be cut?

Because it may not cost them anything. You trade one player who's going to be cut for another that's going to be cut.
They get who they want, and we are assured the ninners don't pick him up.
eg. Stephen Williams.

We're cutting players to free up roster space. Doesn't make sense to trade for another player that's also going to take up the roster spot you just had to get rid of.

Maybe for a draft pick, but again if you're another team it doesn't make sense to trade valuable draft picks for players that are being cut. In fact, I've never even seen that done. Teams just wait til after the roster cut downs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":4q8gz4ep said:
Heard some rumblings of a winfield move.

That makes me nervous. I understand that Thurmond's had a great camp, and Winfield's been gimpy.........but I like knowing that they're both going to be there in case one of the other might have to miss a game (or worse).

IMO until Thurmond proves he can keep his ass healthy for half a season or more, I want Pete and John to keep Winfield as insurance.

Latest posts